• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy not working/getting me high

Sa_zapatista

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

Ive come across an issue I was looking for an answer to and I thought this forum could potentially help me. Just got a hold 28x 40mg oxycontin. Its a small brown pill with 'OC' written on one side and 40 on the other. Only prior history of opiates is Tramadol which I am quite a fan of, although havent had some for a while. I decided to take 1x pill today to give it a try. I chewed it up in my mouth and had some water afterwards. I am honestly not feeling a thing. I felt abit stimulated and did some things around the house. Other then that... nothing. No euphoria or body high as Ive previously read about with oxy. I found it extremely underwhelming.... is 40mg not enough as a first dose? Should I try snorting some? Just looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.

A few things:

1: please do not crush up opiod/opiates when ingesting them, you can OD by doing this, just swallow the pill with a little bit of water, maybe a little bit of a fatty food too (works well for kratom IME).

2: the intranasal ROA is a horrible method of ingestion for pills. Plus, I'm not even sure if oxycontin would be absorbed through the mucus membrane.

3; As far as your dose is concerned, I am not entirely sure whether the lack of effects was because of the dose or because of your biology. Highest dose I've ever read anyone taking is 80mg, but they had quite a tolerance at that point.

4: The version of Oxycontin you got is the extended release version, I'm not sure if that is different from the 30 mg blue oxys I'm used to seeing but it might be.

Hi guys,

Ive come across an issue I was looking for an answer to and I thought this forum could potentially help me. Just got a hold 28x 40mg oxycontin. Its a small brown pill with 'OC' written on one side and 40 on the other. Only prior history of opiates is Tramadol which I am quite a fan of, although havent had some for a while. I decided to take 1x pill today to give it a try. I chewed it up in my mouth and had some water afterwards. I am honestly not feeling a thing. I felt abit stimulated and did some things around the house. Other then that... nothing. No euphoria or body high as Ive previously read about with oxy. I found it extremely underwhelming.... is 40mg not enough as a first dose? Should I try snorting some? Just looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.
the slow release ones suck. 30mg IR rocked me before. I took 2 80mg withing about 2 hrs or lesss the ohter day. i got a lite mood improvement and that waas it. not worth it. Hence the reason I want to quit. i only take them to not feel shitty but i get 0 rec fun out of them now. The "contin" ones just do nothing euphoric for me.

The only Opiods/Opiates I've ever gotten any euphoria from was kratom, codeine and hydrocodone just make me fall asleep and feel warm, they're OK but i prefer kratom because of it's versatility, price, and availability.

Never done Oxys before, but I bet they are HELLA addictive and feel better than hydros and definitely feels better than codeine.

Is there anyway to bypass my 'OC' pills to instant release? Ive read a few things but I just thought chewing them up before swallowing would bypass the extended release of the drug...

the slow release ones suck. 30mg IR rocked me before. I took 2 80mg withing about 2 hrs or lesss the ohter day. i got a lite mood improvement and that waas it. not worth it. Hence the reason I want to quit. i only take them to not feel shitty but i get 0 rec fun out of them now. The "contin" ones just do nothing euphoric for me.
This is so depressing for me to hear :( I feel like I just spent so much money and its all gone down the drain... need to find a way to just try make the best of them I guess..

Is there anyway to bypass my 'OC' pills to instant release? Ive read a few things but I just thought chewing them up before swallowing would bypass the extended release of the drug...
Not any I know of, the pills you have are an HCl (salt) formulation so I think they metabolize at a slower rate regardless of the ROA or preparations.

This is so depressing for me to hear :( I feel like I just spent so much money and its all gone down the drain... need to find a way to just try make the best of them I guess..
well they will be of use if you break a leg.

"So, for your broken leg i can prescribe 30 mg oxycontin for 45 days, we'll start weaning whe..."

"No need, doc."

not that i have found. i have seen ppls say some off the wall stuff about putting them in glass of coke or microwaving, then scraping etc. I doesnt make much logical sense. The binder they mix these with is mixd through the whole pill so those who say "wipe the coating off an ur good" are wishful thinking if reffering to the brands I have seen tamp resistant (apotex/ mundi/ etc). Ive ground them up and its no different. very dissapointing. I wish I never got into them at this point. total waste of money and very frustrating. I switched to dillys but your tolerance goes sky high in an hr and the cravinjgs after are damn unbearable.

well they will be of use if you break a leg.

"So, for your broken leg i can prescribe 30 mg oxycontin for 45 days, we'll start weaning whe..."

"No need, doc."
Ha must be a coool doc. I had my damn heart cut out of my chest an set in a bucket of ice for 8 hrs, collapsed my lung, and so on.
When I woke back up I was in hell. They gave me Dilaudid and oxy, but if it were up to me, I would’ve requested double.
After three days in there when they released me, they sent me home with 24 5 mg instant release oxycodone. Are you fucking kidding me? You just broke my sternum, pulled my heart out of my chest, hacked me open like Frankenstein, and you think that’s gonna take care of the pain for two days? Ended up having to go to the street dealer just to get enough to Murder myself.