• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy - no high anymore

Stringer_Bell

Bluelighter
I've used Oxy for the last few months, taking them for 2-3 days in a row 2x a month. I'm not physically dependent (no withdrawal symptoms at all). I'm in the UK and the Oxys are the old style OC type. I just crush them up by chewing them until it's a powder then wash it down with some water. The pills are legit.

The first time I took Oxy 20mg was just lovely. Now that doesn't do anything. Even though I'll take a break for a couple of weeks my tolerance still seems high.

Anyway that's kind of to be expected. What gets me is that now even when I increase the dose I don't get a high. I took this to its natural limit a couple of weeks ago when I kept taking more until I felt something. I ended up being violently sick first (I took 200mg in total over the space of a few hours).

I just don't get a nice euphoria from it anymore (although I still scratch like crazy), so much so that I'm not interested in taking them any longer. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise?

Has anyone else experienced this? I know it's completely normal to become tolerant but as I've said, even if I increase the dose I don't get high off them, only sick.

It sucks but I'm glad I guess, I know if I kept going I'd probably end up with a physical dependence.

It's definitely a blessing in disguise, you could try other opiates to see if you get better effects but that road leads only one way - full blown addiction. Probably end up on heroin as that's the usually the easiest to get hold of and the cheapest. I started out on codeine and chased the high until I got addicted to H, it was fun for a while but now it's ruining my life and I'm struggling like fuck to quit. You had your fun I highly recommend you leave at that, you'll regret it eventually if you don't.

Good luck

Thanks very much. Yes, I think this is what I'm going to do, try and see it as a blessing in disguise.

I too started on codeine (panadiene forte ), then started doctor shopping for harder opiates.then got black listed and had a heroin habit , now I'm on methadone hopefully one day I will be free from opiates . But to answer your post , IME all opiates are the same , you start off feeling good (euphoria) . Then use them to feel normal . So I think to feel the oxy again like euphoria wise ,you will need a good 5 week break with lots of exercise if your lazy sit in a sorna and lots of healthy food . Just my 2 cents

We've just (hopefully) successfully turned someone away from opiates, why would you recommend they dig deeper into a hole they decided they don't want to jump into?
or mission is to help people use drugs as safely as possible. to the OP probably a blessing but a 2 month break should suffice.

or mission is to help people use drugs as safely as possible. to the OP probably a blessing but a 2 month break should suffice.
The forum is intended for harm reduction. Is abstinence not the ultimate form of HR, where no harm is present? Don't get me wrong, I am definitely against telling people that they shouldn't use drugs, in fact I assume that they will. But, if they choose not to use then I am also against saying something that'd make them want to use again.

I have asked this exact question and had the exact problems I would be clean for 2 months and still have to take large amounts to feel anything and even when I took lots I would get almost nothing it's not worth it in a way and I still Ich crazy it sucks I posted this and couldn't find an awnser I spent days looking it sucks

Yes, it is a blessing. You really don't want a physical dependence because then you definitely won't be getting high. I stop getting high pretty quick when I get a habit... It's just such a stupid, idiotic thing lol. Waste so much money just to feel somewhat normal.

It seems like the only way you could keep getting high is if you keep it to very occasional use. I'd say take a really long break and then reevaluate.

The forum is intended for harm reduction. Is abstinence not the ultimate form of HR, where no harm is present? Don't get me wrong, I am definitely against telling people that they shouldn't use drugs, in fact I assume that they will. But, if they choose not to use then I am also against saying something that'd make them want to use again.
i was giving him suggestions on how to get high safely that and needle exchanges and free condoms are the ultimate form of HR. no abstinence is not because as you can see it doesnt work.

I absolutely never knew OXYs were even a thing in the UK. I've been on a range of Opiates/ Opioids throughout my life, some for severe pain but never OXYs.

Strange, but from what I've heard if they're doing nothing for you now and you don't have any physical symptoms of WD then quit now.

That happened to me no opioid alone will get me high I need other things with it now, but really you should be happy it's horrible having a dependence and constantly needed it to feel good and just not be terrible sick, you enjoyed it while it lasted but your saving yourself a lot of trouble now

Thanks for all the replies guys. My first few times with Oxy were bliss (20mg and I felt just perfect) but I felt things becoming darker and darker to the point where I would take 200mg over the course of a day, not get high but instead get extremely sick and then feel terrible for a few days. I think I'm going to leave them alone. The other thing is I had surgery a long time ago which means that I occasionally get hellish intestinal obstruction (sorry if that's too much detail!) and the only thing that works is IV morphine. I want my tolerance to opiates to be near zero because if the morphine they give me does nothing then the pain is absolutely excruciating.

I'm going to look at it as a lucky escape because I know a lot of you have been through hell with opiates and that's a road I really hope to avoid as I have too many other problems to be able to deal with that.

That's good you're able to look at it as a blessing. Back when I was using, I was unable to do that. I ended up feeling that it was unfair and began chasing the high. I pushed it to the absolute limit. I ended up stopping my heart once and 6 months later, overdosing. I'm 4 months sober now. It's really a blessing to have it. Although I do wish something would help pain that isn't opiates. I hope you're able to find some relief to the pain you're going through.

We've just (hopefully) successfully turned someone away from opiates, why would you recommend they dig deeper into a hole they decided they don't want to jump into?
Well you are one to talk. You really listened to all the advice you were given here...

Well you are one to talk. You really listened to all the advice you were given here...
Are you saying just because I make bad choices I'm somehow not allowed to try and stop other people from doing the stupid shit I chose to do? Or, I'm sorry, are you saying every opiate addict, clean or not, has no valid opinion or advice because of their choices?

Are you saying just because I make bad choices I'm somehow not allowed to try and stop other people from doing the stupid shit I chose to do? Or, I'm sorry, are you saying every opiate addict, clean or not, has no valid opinion or advice because of their choices?
No just the irony of you giving advice..

Consumer is right you are justifying your own use by trying to tell someone else it is not OK. Seriously shadow as long as you keep posting about wanting to IV heroin just to try it with the thoughts you will have it under control you are always going to run into people trying to point out your faults so you get help.

Stop messing around on here and get help.

That's good you're able to look at it as a blessing. Back when I was using, I was unable to do that. I ended up feeling that it was unfair and began chasing the high. I pushed it to the absolute limit. I ended up stopping my heart once and 6 months later, overdosing. I'm 4 months sober now. It's really a blessing to have it. Although I do wish something would help pain that isn't opiates. I hope you're able to find some relief to the pain you're going through.

Thank you. I can relate to this so much, the feeling of it being fair and chasing the high. Pretty much how I feel but thank to your and other Bluelighter's responses I'm going to try and be sensible for once. Sorry for what you've had to go through but contrats on being 4 months sober, it's a great achievement.

I feel extremely bad for people that end up addicted to opiates because they're just trying to relieve pain. I hope you find some respite from yours.