• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy Dosage

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I’m just wondering if it’s safe to take 5-7.5mg Oxy for pain every 6 hours. I’m not totally opiate naive but I do tend to stay at the bottom of dosage. My problem is I let my anxiety overrun the effect and my pain isn’t fixed nor do I have a tolerable experience worrying about ODing. These are from Pharamacy I went with person to pick them up so I know they are authentic but I’d like to take one before Christmas shopping last one I took was 5 mg at 12pm it is now 6 pm I will take it with me and wait on someone to reply.

you'll be better off taking 10mg, you'll be alright at 10, you may not feel anything at those nor get the relief you're looking for. (you can probably take 20 but start with 10 and see how that affects you and go from there safety first!)
i'm on high-dose pain management for chronic pain, 10mg USED to help, now not really that much but hey, better than nothing that's for certain. beware if you're looking for recreational effects, your tolerance will rapidly develope so try to use them for pain only.
stay safe
~Zonxx

Thank you for your response, my apologies for not responding sooner. Thank you for taking time outta your day to explain a little more, I do admit like most others the recreational effects are tempting to explore, but only when I’m in need. That being said, I tend to be over cautious and since post has been made I’ve continued on with 5mg every 6 hours. Although you stated 10mg would be fine, I always find myself panicking at the effects especially the 1st 20 minute come up. But to reassure me, 10 mg if I had to take that much wouldn’t cause fatal respiratory depression would it? That’s all I worry about and 5mg is barley helping pain now. I don’t drink, and only use cbd and occasional tobacco.. I also don’t combo any meds. I just would like to be reassured I’m not going to die off 10mg if I stretch it to that per dose, because the 6 hour time interval I wait leaves me in pain

You will be fine with 10 mg .
when I first started oxy and if I took too much I would get sick to my stomach and feel queasy but never really pass out or anything. Everyone is different though just don’t mix with benzodiazepines or sleeping pills