• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

*Overrated Strain* agree? disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCMG

Bluelighter
Wudup. I came to a conclusion after having this strain a good number of times, that Afghan Kush is overrated. I don't know maybe its people need to learn how to grow, but I had way better kush's, blueberry, mango etc... Do you agree, or disagree???

no afghan kush or any kush strain is not overrated IMO. i however love indica strains.

^^^

The only fucking thing I can get around here is indica. Kush and haze is getting so old :p. I'm so sick of being tired and couchlocked. Where's all the sativa now-a-days?

True haze strains are pure sativa. In my experience, most of the quality comes from how a strain is grown, not the genetics. Sure, genetically every plant has a peak THC production that it can't surpass. Most of the flavor and the overall quality of the bud comes from the soil and what the farmer adds to it, though. I've seen people take seeds out of bags of shwag and grow some of the most beautiful, flavorful, and potent buds I've ever had. The shwag plants that I saw grew straight up, branching little or none at all. They had a very kush-like appearence and grew very kush-like buds. The leaves were very dark. The farmer told me that he actually like the shwag plants more than the AK-47 plants next to them because he was able to feed the shwag plants more and they produced, larger, tastier buds. I smoked some and he wasn't kidding. The genetics he had gotten basically for free smoked smoother and tastier and got me higher than the AK. Now, I'm not trying to say that AK-47 isn't good cannabis. I really enjoy the strain. The point is that each grower finds strains that, for whatever reason, they can get the full potential out of. Most of the quality in good grass comes from a grower who knows what his plants what and gives it to them.

I went through a period where I was limited to a relatively homogeneous selection of strains, and it definitely gets old (esp. when it's indica dominant).

I wouldn't say any of them were "over-rated" . . but variety is def. the spice of life.

around here its hard to get an actual verified strain as most of the dealers are 17 y.o.'s that say their shit is "bomb", presented with a plethora of names like orange kush, and silver haze, not knowing the difference between indica and sativa. the only verified strains i've ever acquired have been white widow, sour diesel, bc big bud and blueberry, and these were all home grown.

i'd merge this with strain discussion but this is so fucking arbitrary i don't even see the point

Status
Not open for further replies.