• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Overrated and underrated drugs

not anymore

bruh for reall except the E rcs aint worth it

i hate when people are like "regies better cause you get more" like nigga my head hurts

Last edited by a moderator:
Over: phenibut, kava

Under: gabapentin

Staggered and potentiated gabapentin is amazing once you figure out how it best works for you.

underrated: dextromethorphan (isolated from accompaniments)
overrated: marijuana. it's one of my favorite drugs ever ever ever, so i understand why people act like it's god's gift to man. it isn't though. you will sleep SO much better when you aren't getting high daily; i stopped smoking two months ago and the difference is immense.

^I sleep better when I smoke daily. I quit smoking daily a few years ago, now I smoke rarely. Back when I smoked daily, I remember clearly that I couldn't go to sleep RIGHT after smoking (unless there were opiates in play, but that's a different story..), but about 30 minutes after smoking a spliff my high would always diminish in 'intensity', and I'd become a little drowsy and quite sleepy. I would always be able to just drift off to sleep with the greatest ease during that moment.. So yeah, I did sleep more, and had less trouble falling asleep when I still smoked weed every day. Though I have to say, if I get a full night's sleep (6-8hrs - unfortunately that's rare for me, but again this has to do with opiate-abuse and benzo-use) now that I don't smoke weed anymore, I feel far more rested than I used to from sleeping the same amount of time whilst falling asleep under the influence of weed.

So yeah, I fell asleep a lot easier/faster as a daily pot-smoker (just not immediately after smoking but ~30 mins after. Despite falling asleep being harder, the quality of my sleep is significantly better when I don't smoke pot. I remember it was just a given that I used to be pretty tired during the day when I was a stoner, and I mean I was tired already before I started getting stoned for that day. I got 6-8 hours/night every night easily back then. Now if I sleep 6 hours I'm well rested and I don't get tired during the day.

OT:
Overrated: DXM, Morphine, Cocaine, Clonazepam, Weed (don't get me wrong, it's great, but some people treat it like it's more precious than gold)
Underrated: Racemic amphetamines, Lorazepam, Brotizolam, Bromazepam, Tramadol, Ketamine, 4-FA

Overrated: Alcohol

Underrated: Healthy diet. You'd be surprised how much more fucked up you get when you've been eating well.

overrated: marijuana. it's one of my favorite drugs ever ever ever, so i understand why people act like it's god's gift to man. it isn't though. you will sleep SO much better when you aren't getting high daily; i stopped smoking two months ago and the difference is immense.

I totally agree. I had a love/hate relationship with the sticky green hydro skunk where i smoked everyday for a year and half and i really loved weed for that year and half as i thought it was the cure to all my problems, it helped me fall asleep. it curbed my appetite and helped me lose weight while making me feel great. But the whole time i was smoking weed i was in denial to the negative health effects and the pure mayhem my emotions were becoming and don't even get me started on the level of mental un-stability i experienced . In the end i became a paranoid psychotic mess requiring hospitalisation .

This all occurred over 15 years years ago and thinking back to those days i don't know what i saw in weed. I'm open to people being able to enjoy cannabis without long term mental health problems and i wouldn't say i am anti medical marijuana, if it helps sick people i won't object to that but i just find people who live in share houses and are stoned all the time grotty scummy and see no class in keeping a dirty stinky bong on your living room table with chopped up empty cigarette butts and paper all over the place.

@ P2C:: you elaborated on what I was trying to say. Weed can help one get sleep more easily. It's the quality of the sleep that suffers. I really do enjoy dreaming and remembering my dreams <3

Overrated: probably alcohol I guess. It is the most popular psychoactive drug worldwide, or one of the most popular anyway...caffeine is probably more popular. It's fun on occasion but I've never understood alcoholism...

Underrated: zolpidem. I was prescribed it for a pretty long time, and while it has limited hypnotic value IMO/E, I really liked the warm, dreamy headspace it'd put me in for an hour or two. Even though I took the drug for a long time (years), when I stopped I had no real withdrawal symptoms either, not even sleeplessness (nothing serious anyway). An enjoyable tranquilizer that I have fond murky memories of...

This.

I started banging it before I ever took it orally and always considered it my favorite drug. Then a few years later I took it orally (been off drugs and not injecting for a long time) and I'm pretty sure I would have never banged it if I had taken orally first. I don't think I would have even considered it worth injecting. Oh, my life could have been so different lol

IMO IV morphine, and (any ROA) heroin / oxycodone were all pretty interchangeable, as far as the effect went...someone could've offered to shoot me full of morphine or heroin and I wouldn't have really had a preference. Some opioids had kind of a different effect (like bupe or kratom) but all the classic mu-opioid receptor ones like those? I loved all of them, I have love for all opiates pretty much, even the weaker ones

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy morphine. I just think it is overrated. If given the same choice as you, I'd pick H every time. I even like oxy better IV'd. But I guess I'm weird.

Overrated: cocaine. Yup, it keeps you awake and the initial rush is good. Then you just get stuck in incredibly shit convo where everyone is just talking about themselves and not listening to anyone else. So average and it's only so popular because it looks cool I swear.

Underrated: ketamine in low doses. It's like a hangover free gig drug. I adore it.

Overrated: cocaine. Yup, it keeps you awake and the initial rush is good. Then you just get stuck in incredibly shit convo where everyone is just talking about themselves and not listening to anyone else. So average and it's only so popular because it looks cool I swear.

Underrated: ketamine in low doses. It's like a hangover free gig drug. I adore it.

You won't hear me argue against cocaine being overrated, and I think more BL'ers than you would expect agree with this as well. If you smoke or IV it the rush can be pretty amazing, but aside from the rush the high is pretty shitty. It also lasts too short to be worth it. Whenever I take coke and I IV it, I have to redose like every 15-30min TOPS, and when you're IV'ing, well let's just say doing that many shots in such a short timespan isn't pretty. When I sniff it, I can redose maybe twice before the high becomes shitty and downright unenjoyable. I'll start feeling brainfucked if I continue at this point. Most people just keep compulsively redosing but if I do it I'll feel super shittty, like confused and kinda introvert/anxious (so do many others with coke it would seem, but despite that they still do it). It makes me feel like shit if I do it. I'm kind of an exception when it comes to coke it seems (when taken intranasally at least).

With IV use I exhibit this compulsive behavior too, aka 'chasing the rush', but with that RoA the rush at least remains nice. When I'm sniffing it the come-up becomes pretty lame after redosing a few times. I've always been able to put coke away after a few doses without finishing it, even before I was an IV user. I even prefer it that way. Rather save the rest for some other time than keep taking it and feel crappy because of it. The only times I will finish my coke is when I'm IV'ing it, but even then I never get the urge to get more after what I had is gone.

Guess I'm weird when it comes to cocaine. On amphetamines on the other hand, I do exhibit that compulsive-redosing behavior via any RoA save for oral, while most other people I know don't get like that on amphetamines, at least not to the same degree they get it on cocaine. I've noticed over the years that AD(H)D-patients are more likely to prefer amphet over cocaine, and are also more likely to have that compulsion with amphetamines than with cocaine. (I have AD(H)D, and I've noticed similar behavior in friends who also have it.

But yeah, in short; I agree with cocaine being overrated. Only the rush from an instant hit (smoked or IV) is nice, taken any other way it's a shitty drug with a shitty high that will turn its users into egotistical, greedy douchebags who can't stop once they've started.

I've never tried it IV or smoking it. I'm one of those people who sucks at smoking ( like it's embarrassing how much I cough) and I'm scared of needles. I can stop too with snorting it. I'm just like you, find after the first few lines I get anxious and introverted. The one thing it's good for is to wake up in the morning on the third day of Glastonbury. Otherwise I could happily never see it again.

I've never tried it IV or smoking it. I'm one of those people who sucks at smoking ( like it's embarrassing how much I cough) and I'm scared of needles. I can stop too with snorting it. I'm just like you, find after the first few lines I get anxious and introverted. The one thing it's good for is to wake up in the morning on the third day of Glastonbury. Otherwise I could happily never see it again.
Glastonbury?