• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Overrated and underrated drugs

My guess is only tried once??
You have to dig yourself quite the comfortable grave before you fall completely in love with heroin. My suggestion though would be to keep the disdain and try to find something that will love you back instead of kill you or.make.you want to.die when then leave you.

Underrated- Diazepam, MXE (underrated by some, there are many MXE addicts though too haha), some mid-grade high CBD strains are very underrated because everybody "only smokes MMJ"... and last but not least, regular old hashish and opium. Good kratom can be a shot in the dark these days, unless it's real UEI or MPI. Ketamine (IV/IM esp) has godly effects far too many overlook.

Oh wait! Morphine, although being The Golden Standard of Opiates, it underrated by those oxy/dilly/heroin-lovers. Morphine was the first real nod/waking dreams I'd ever gotten from a opiates. I feel it has some of that opium "poppy dreamy-magic" to it.

Overrated- Oxycodone duh, bad kratom is overrated by some, bupe, Cocaine via nasal ROA- what an awful comedown. Alcohol, that's a given, although I drink a lot. Love em, but dabs are overrated not by effect (I love a good dab/shatter batch) but by cost/effect ratio; if you don't live in MMJ-state which unfortunately OH is not!

I'll have more I'm sure.

Felonious Monk said:
OT: I'm really disappointed with this thread. You people have incredibly shitty taste in drugs, or just don't understand the meaning of over- and under-rated. Overrated means they're a lot of hullabaloo over nothing, and underrated means not enough people are talking about the magic of X...
IE. Nbomes, fent, RCs, etc... are not underrated, they are poison and/or not effective recreational drugs. LSD, heroin, and cannabis are not overrated, that doesn't even make sense.

You're talking about two extremes along a spectrum, when the matter is actually a two-dimensional space; you can have good things that are overrated and bad things that are underrated too.

ebola

I wouldn't touch an nbome with a 30 foot stick but I don't think I'd call it poison or "completely ineffective." Plenty of people have satisfying trips on that shit. And while I personally love cannabis it's about as hyped as a drug can possibly be. I don't think it's unreasonable to be underwhelmed by it, especially if you're smoking it.

I think pot and opiates are overrated. I used to smoke a ton of it, but most of the time I didn't really enjoy it, and then came the overwhelming anxiety. Never got a nice high from an opiate either, they work for pain, but I've never found myself really enjoying the effects. Lucky me, other wise I'd probably be a stoner and a junkie.
3-meo-pcp and MXE are godly and don't get enough respect. I love mushrooms, but the hype is overblown.

^ you have never done good coke.

Overrated drugs

benzos
herion
research garbage
synthetic cannabinoids
MDMA

underrated drugs

Mushrooms
testosterone
cafine
methadone
pseudoephedrine
ephedrine
LSD
grass

^ you have never done good coke.

Overrated drugs

synthetic cannabinoids

Synthetic cannabinoids as overrated? From what I gather most people only use them to thwart drug screenings or because they are cheap. I seem to be one of few people that actually enjoy them and would choose them over weed most of the time. I would not say they are overrated, overused maybe.

Over rated:
Cocodamol (curveball, i know not really a recreational drug, but couldnt think of any others and i have never felt any pain relief from it, especially when compared to codeine and tramadol, i get really annoyed when people call it a "strong painkiller" haha)

Under rated:
I have a thing for Hash.
N20 (Especially N20/MDMA combo) short but such an intense unexplainable experience
Tramadol (sorry, but i really love 200mg+ with a few whiskeys, one of the very few things to help me truly relax and have proper sleep)

Last edited:
Synthetic cannabinoids as overrated? From what I gather most people only use them to thwart drug screenings or because they are cheap. I seem to be one of few people that actually enjoy them and would choose them over weed most of the time. I would not say they are overrated, overused maybe.

I wouldn't say I've ever seen much about synth-cans being overrated in the general population, just a certain crowd that got addicted to JWH's and the other. Also wouldn't say AB-FUBINACA is dangerous IMO. IME it has always been safe when I have it around and it wasn't addicting, just very stoning and fun.

Like Toz was saying, I'd definitely choose AB-FUBINACA > just some whatever bud (I'm not talking top-shelf MMJ, hash, wax, edibles though haha too good) AB-FUBINACA can have some visual trippiness too at as well as warm analgesia (which Pfizer was researching it as an analgesic before it got used as a synth-can). It just hits heavy and hard like a strong strain of MMJ or fire hashish. With pain-killing properties better than some of quasi-opioids (i.e. tramadol) IMHO.

Last edited:
Over rated:

Alcohol.. Doesn't appeal to me at all.
Street quality coke.

Underrated:

Md caps - high quality mdma, precise measurements.
Synthetic cannabis - Pre bans - I've had some sensational experiences in the past, extremely relaxing, euphoric, and trippy.
2C-B - Perfect balance imo, just right on the psychedelic effects if the dosage is right.
Weed - Fits most situations

Hey everyone new to bluelight and this will be my first post. Just wanted to give my opinion.

For me: underrated-oral morphine (though its normally combined with 45mg dxm and 200mg tagament)

Over rated-cocaine (can be great if its decent potency but the short duration, the huge urge to constantly redose and, the high price offset the benefits imo)

Again glad to meet everyone. I hope to be around and meet and get to know alot of new ppl :)

Overrated:
Cocaine - Seems to be the trend in this thread to be honest. Expensive and not a great high. Usually cut with all sorts of crap.
All benzodiazepines - Very useful in a therapeutic sense, but I just don't get the fascination with Xanax bars.
Codeine/Promethazine - Just don't get the hype. Seems to be more 'trendy' to have than actually good for a high.

Underrated:
Tramadol - Just love it, though I can see why some people just don't like it.
Pregabalin/Lyrica - I guess it's expensive for what it is.
Morphine - It's poor oral bioavailability usually puts a lot of people off.

Coke is ridiculously over rated. I do it all the time and just consider it a pussy drug (I'm not getting the best shit, but not the worst)
Underrated is Phentermine.....prescribed by docs for overweight people the shit rocks, if you can get your hands on it

i agree, fall 2012 i was taking that shit weekly and it was a good time every time. high up on the nostalgia scale.

Yea and given there are opiates that have a much better bioavailabity. Even so with the right dose and a potentiater or two oral morphine can be quite relaxing, and its nice and long acting :)

Coke is ridiculously over rated. I do it all the time and just consider it a pussy drug (I'm not getting the best shit, but not the worst)
Underrated is Phentermine.....prescribed by docs for overweight people the shit rocks, if you can get your hands on it

Ive never tried phentermine though ive heard interesting reviews on it. Not to
thread jack but how would you rate phentermine to adderall?

Which drugs do you think are overrated? Underrated? Please explain why you feel this way too.

I personally think that acid is overrated. There is unnecessary hype behind it and when I tried it, the experience was far from what I imagined. Don't get me wrong, I still do like acid.;)

I think that alcohol and marijuana are underrated. Just because they are widely accepted, many people don't even view them as drugs any more. When in fact, they are the most commonly abused drugs.

You've gotten shitty acid or 25i-nbome sold as acid (happens these days).