• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Over the hill yet...?

...good old amphetamine - the laborers drug lol. Perfect for mature activities.
Functional drug use has become a thing for me.
There is still a plastic tub in my fridge, it's been there for years now, with various RCs, some as old as the buythemg days.
I no longer seem to have an appetite for all that.

functional drug use... ah, this is the last hurdle for me to cross before I get turned off for good. you decide where the barrier goes. I've decided it can't be pardoned, but I keep inviting alternate views, just in case I've missed something. It does not quite marry up. it's too costly, even if it does bring around saner behaviours on the outset. Or so i have surmised.

I think having a vested interest in tailoring my own weed varieties has validated my continued use as I cruise into my 60's. I prefer being stoned rather than stunned, so sativa strains are what I play with rather than indicas. Disincentives dreamed up by do-gooders make me all the more determined to keep doing what I do because no-one else is effected. I don't sell or drive straight after a smoke, and I hold down a high-functioning position where nobody is the wiser to the 'criminal' hiding in plain sight. Health-wise, I've no issues bothering me and life is good, so I haven't contemplated a time where weed won't be a part of my life. I'm not medicated for anything and besides a daily vitamin pill and a nootropic I'm ready to go. As already said, I'd grab a sheet of cid or some molly If I could and stretch it out till I fell off the twig, but I think my chances there unlikely. I reckon I'll have a crack at growing subs when I retire in a few years, and that ought to be my lot. Better to burn out than fade away...

Cheers, andyturbo. Doesn't much matter what substance(s) we turn to for our illicit pleasures, we're all tarred with the same brush. The system and community expectations piggy-back on getting old to grind us all down but that grates with me. There's no prize for outlasting the next person but surely that's an individual thing we make our personal choices over. Yeah, I know that comes with qualifiers, but as long as infirmity doesn't rob me of the dexterity to light a match the old folk's home should be a blast.

If we are aware that, at least some caution and responsibility as life changes, are naturally acknowledged, this is all that matters I believe.

As the mature years set in, not wrecking yourself or anothers life with our love of RDU, and know that a shift in limits can also need noting, we can meet back here and discuss in 2050 DEAL? ????

50 and only stimulants. Who want's to slow down more as they get older? However I have little patience for comedowns so usually medicate them out of the way. All in all, my liver is better for not drinking but my heart might give out sooner than it would have otherwise I guess.

Also thinking of some acid after a 25 year break.

^^^ I can dig your POV and hats off for making family number one. Getting busted (ratted out) in my 30's should have shut down my recreational pursuits but I was too stubborn and invested in my gardening to bend to the rules. Despite the beak calling me a 'bad man' my friends and family knew the real me and stood by me. I tapered my curiosity about other substances I was interested in and stuck with what I knew. Comedowns were never an issue and the occasional acid, molly and shrooms were factored in like appointments on my calendar so I could manage the next days. Over time that frequency dipped as my contacts dried up and here I am. No real regrets, other than never trying DMT. I knew respect for the spirit molecule was needed, but the other side of the tipping-point was a place that might have undone who I'd become, so I bottled out. Maybe next time. In the end, age brings with it a measure of wisdom and knowing your limits, so I'm mostly content with where I've been and what I've seen. Can't really reminisce with the grandies about the halcyon days, but maybe one day they'll find a memoir that will arch an eyebrow. It would be interesting to hear how other 'active' oldies interact with their families, but judging by the posts here there just aren't that many of us left. Ce la vie., I guess.

^ Glad to hear, and stupid of me to think otherwise. But BL needs more voices telling truths from the inside, no matter what demographic we identify with, rather than the hoi polloi kowtowing to the bullshit peddled in popular media. We've lost the rage we had against conformity in years gone by and the lack of dissent seems more about self-preservation than anything else. Frankly though, with the penalties and stigma associated with defiance I fully get it. In the end, I'll stay under my rock and keep doing what I do, and damn the torpedoes. Fuck... I sound like a belligerent old bastard. Whatever.

I’m with you buddy, let’s rise up @losthippy, they don’t call me “Rebelesque” for nothing lol.

P.S we will never conform that’s why we are here ?

On a recent trip to Canada I saw plenty of older citz who, after the laws changed, had come back out into the light after decades of being secretive about their weed use. In some places there were many more oldies (some quite ancient) in small town dispensaries than younger customers. And they weren't shy about the range of edibles and other products they went for besides bud. Overheard conversations while they browsed suggested they were pretty well-informed about what was on offer. They factored visits for their herbal proclivities into regular shopping trips and hung out in parks and cafes socializing, It struck me just how at ease with life they were. Most looked at or beyond retirement age and were just chilling. Chances of a future like that here in Oz...? One day, perhaps.

Defo mate, oh it’s coming. The shortsighted politicians, just gotta see the results of decriminalisation first. Netherlands is a great example of less drug deaths less smuggling.