• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Outpatient rehab, Heroin, Need help with medications for withdrawal

strawberry69

Greenlighter
Hello, I'm about to pick up the prescription my rehab sent me but I need help with figuring out what medications help with what and when to take them.

I'll be detoxing off of heroin tonight and they gave me:

Buprenorphine/nalox 8-2mg Sl Film (I know when to take this)
Loperamide 2mg
Mirtazapine 15mg
Hydroxyzine Hcl 25mg Tabs
Ondansetron ODT 4mg Tablets (I know when to take this)
Dicyclomine 20mg Tablets
Clonidine 0.1mg (I know when to take this)

I've only ever detoxed on my own with suboxone, clonidine and xanax, can anyone help me with these other drugs? What side effects should I be feeling in order to take them? When should I take them? Is there anything on this list I don't need? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to move this to our Basic Drug Discussion sub forum as it may get more attention and responses.
H&R > BDD

Please if anyone has any experience with these or information they could share it would really help me.

that's a lot of anti-histamine action, but it's clear they want your stomach feeling ok. i would take the hydrox, Dicyclomine and mirtazipine at night as they are all sleepy. the rest should be throughout the day to treat symptoms.

Loperamide and gabapentin/pregabalin + a benzo for sleep.
I'm wding rn after 7 months of daily morphine use and I'm doing fine, it has reduced the intensity by 70%. It makes it bearable, day 3 and I feel aight.

I would definitely take the Mirtazapine at night because it's going to make you drowsy — it's an anti-depressant as well as a sleep-aid. I have been taking it for three years now and it works great in helping me sleep and alleviating my symptoms of depression. Most doctors will actually write under the instructions to take it at bedtime (at least mine did). Additionally, I would take the Hydroxyzine at nighttime as well, as that can induce drowsiness also. It's an anxiolytic, but it's non-narcotic so it's not going to give you a buzz or anything. Just be prepared to piss like a racehorse after consuming it. Because I've been on this medication before, too... and once I broke the seal, I seriously had to relieve myself every 15 minutes like I just drank a six-pack. There will be SO much piss in your flow of urine that you're going to start thinking it's never going to end. Draining your bladder is genuinely going to take a substantial amount of time — and you're going to find yourself running to the turd bucket a lot — so, be prepared. Frequent urination is actually one of the side-effects of this medication. Just a heads up.

I'm not quite sure about the Loperamide or the Dicyclomine because I have never used either of them; I would imagine just taking them as needed for relieving your symptoms of withdrawal.

Last edited: