• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Other substances that can be vaped in a standard e-gic atomiser?

Ozle

Bluelighter
I've been vaping for several years now (ever since I gave up smoking), and I've been getting more and more curious recently about what other psychoactive substances out there might be vape-able, ideally ones that could be used effectively using a standard setup (of reasonably good quality, e.g. a Nautilus or Subtank + 50W battery) without needing custom built coils or similar.

I'm mainly into downers so something vape-able with a similar effect to alcohol would be the holy grail for me, as would perhaps an opiate that's weak enough for sustainable use.

I also definitely remember reading about a CBD vaping kit a while back, which AFAIK shouldn't be illegal as long as all traces of THC are removed, and that supposedly has anxiolytic, antidepressant, analgesic, and even antipsychotic properties, with almost no side-effects or addiction risk (though it still doesn't get you high ;)). Has anyone here tried this and have any idea about how true any of these claims are? A fast-acting anxiolytic without all the problems associated with benzos would be a huge asset to me, as would a quick-acting antipsychotic that's actually effective (for BPD, anyway) and not riddled with side-effects...

To be honest, vaping (or even ingesting) CBD doesn't really produce a high IME. You can vape concentrate (dabs), but other than that I can't thing of a drug that produces downer like effects when vaped. I would suggest getting kratom. You can't vape it (you eat/drink it) and it produces a mild opiate like high which is extremely pleasant (and its legal in most states), and isn't some research chemical, its just an herb. The only drug that I can think of that you can vape is DMT but idk if you're interested in that.

DMT, ketamine and similar drugs fascinate me, mainly because I think that if they and their effects could be properly studied (which unfortunately is next to impossible in today's political climate; yet another way in which prohibition is holding back progress), it could give us some new perspectives on what consciousness is, and maybe even lead to someone finally developing a functional model of altered states of consciousness (that would connect dreaming, dissociation, meditative states, etc., almost certainly refine our understanding of memory, and likely provide more insight into psychosis) - potentially a major step forward for treating schizophrenia and PTSD spectrum disorders.

That said, and as much as I'm curious to experience a psychedelic or dissociative at least once in my life, I can also see how that's potentially a very bad idea for someone with borderline personality disorder, so I've never had the courage to seek some out and try for myself (AFAIK they're not widely available around my area, the closest I've seen, but didn't take, was AMT a few years back).

Heroin is really the only substance that can be vaped in an e-cig style vape easily IMO, however also IMO it's just not worth it

Is that really all? I expected there to be a somewhat wider variety of compounds which were potentially soluble in PPG. Is there any way that vaping a low concentration of heroin could be at all sustainable in the medium to long term?

The trouble with vaping drugs is how much you have to vape to get your desired dose, I've made heroin e-juice a few times and it has its uses, for me at clubs to balance out the mdma I'd be taking, but on the whole it's a fair amount of work for very little returns.

That being said YOU CAN vape more drugs e.g some benzos, not sure what else but the second problem is the amount of drug to juice ratio, the reason why H and benzos are the most effective, you need very small quantities of drugs to juice, providing you've got good China white in the way of H.

Since this forum is for discussion of electronic cigarettes and traditional 'e-liquids' only, and CVD for vaping cannabis-related compounds, I'm going to move this to OD.

VD ---> OD

~ Vaya