• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Orlando atrocity

I am glad I am not American. When we had the Port Arthur Massacre with a guy with that same weapon our gun laws were completely tightened up. Automatic and semi autos including pump action shotguns were banned. We have not had a mass shooting since. I fail to see why anyone can have a valid reason to own such weapons.

I am glad I am not American. When we had the Port Arthur Massacre with a guy with that same weapon our gun laws were completely tightened up. Automatic and semi autos including pump action shotguns were banned. We have not had a mass shooting since. I fail to see why anyone can have a valid reason to own such weapons.

Exactly mate...Full auto and semi auto rifles and semi auto and pump action shotguns belong in the hands of the military .

I used to own handguns for target shooting until they were banned in 96.

Ironically while you can't own a 9mm pistol in Britain you can legally own a Barrett .50 cal rifle (bolt action) that will bring down a helicopter from a mile away.......figure that one out.

I agree.

They can have the TV and stamp collection.

But if my family was in danger....

^^^^
Agreed, Julie.

Without boring everyone to death, The Second Amendment was not directed at the British forces in the Colonies. It was, however, enacted to prevent citizens from being essentially helpless before a government's military forces. That, however, was in the days of the Brown Bess and newly developed rifles. Gun culture expanded with exploration of the continent in terms of self defense, but more importantly, keeping wildlife out of your crops, a truly dire situation. Even before everybody decided they needed a handgun, small caliber rifles were common in virtually every rural household.

My boss, who is a Trump apologist, is a good example of what's wrong with gun laws. He received a 9 mm and a shotgun as gifts from his sons, both in the military. He has no clue how to use or maintain them and has never even taken a gun safety class. This doesn't prevent him from keeping them loaded and bragging about them. He is a threat to himself and family members. And one of the above described fuckwits.

Consumer-there was a successful ban on semi-automatics for years. The police organizations supported the ban and protested it's repeal. Which actually makes some sense-the cops are the most frequent targets.

Indeed.

That's fine for the UK. But if I was over there the chances of the bad guys having guns is a lot higher so I'd want one too.

Indeed.

That's fine for the UK. But if I was over there the chances of the bad guys having guns is a lot higher so I'd want one too.

This is the unfortunate thought loop generated by such a high saturation level of guns over there.

The pro-gun lobby is often heard to say that the only thing that stops a bag guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Does anybody ever think that it seems this is how the US government views its role in the world?

"The world's good guy with a gun - highly trained, no stray bullets"

^^^^
Agreed, Julie.

Without boring everyone to death, The Second Amendment was not directed at the British forces in the Colonies. It was, however, enacted to prevent citizens from being essentially helpless before a government's military forces. That, however, was in the days of the Brown Bess and newly developed rifles. Gun culture expanded with exploration of the continent in terms of self defense, but more importantly, keeping wildlife out of your crops, a truly dire situation. Even before everybody decided they needed a handgun, small caliber rifles were common in virtually every rural household.

My boss, who is a Trump apologist, is a good example of what's wrong with gun laws. He received a 9 mm and a shotgun as gifts from his sons, both in the military. He has no clue how to use or maintain them and has never even taken a gun safety class. This doesn't prevent him from keeping them loaded and bragging about them. He is a threat to himself and family members. And one of the above described fuckwits.

Consumer-there was a successful ban on semi-automatics for years. The police organizations supported the ban and protested it's repeal. Which actually makes some sense-the cops are the most frequent targets.

Thank you for that Tinker very intersting. The Brown Bess was actually a smooth bore musket not a rifle (sorry if you already knew that) the first widely used rifle was the Baker rifle. Intereting that the 2nd Ammendment developed that way. Its is stupid to think that small arms are going to protect you from the government though with the best military in the world....when the Abrams knocks at the door what will a pistol do?

I know all about the Clinton assault rifle ban and how it was never reintroduced when it expired.

I had to to though 6 hours of gun safety before I could own a firearm and that was just revolvers it was another 2 hours for semi-auto....fucked up that you can own a 9milli and shotgun with zero training.

Indeed.

Ah, a positive feedback loop leading to instability. Like pointing a microphone at a loudspeaker; only in this case, somewhat deadlier.

the idea of forming a militia is 200 years old for fuck sake. Has no relevance to today.
Perhaps not in the context of the US, but I believe strongly in the right of non-state actors to prosecute a just war against an oppressive regime.

Perhaps not in the context of the US, but I believe strongly in the right of non-state actors to prosecute a just war against an oppressive regime.

What like ISIS you mean?

That's just fucked up thinking and leads to situations like Syria

Julie :

You think that isn't obvious?

You think it's not obvious to thousands of gun owners in America too ?

It's very easy to judge from over here.

If you had children to protect and lived in an area where being robbed by armed men was a very real possibility your views might change.

The 'big picture' might mean less to you. It's not as if your decision will change the environment outside your home or the level of risk you're exposed too ( assuming you keep it in a safe )

What like ISIS you mean?That's just fucked up thinking and leads to situations like Syria
Why the hysteria? ISIS is counter-revolutionary and has fought an opportunistic campaign on several fronts. I said a just war against an oppressive regime, not an attempt at rolling back the centuries. Besides, Syria has more to do with the imperialist aims of the US, Turkey and Russia than it does any non-state actors, Islamic State included. Was the French Resistance 'fucked up' by your standards?

This is hard for me as both Julie and Bums_alt have valid points...

In the 90s I had semi-auto handguns and a .44mag revolver with several hundred rounds of ammo in my home....would I use it against a burglar? No....

If someone was raping my girlfriend? Yeah I'd slot the cunt and not give it another thought.

Why the hysteria? ISIS is counter-revolutionary and has fought an opportunistic campaign on several fronts. I said a just war against an oppressive regime, not an attempt at rolling back the centuries. Besides, Syria has more to do with the imperialist aims of the US, Turkey and Russia than it does any non-state actors, Islamic State included. Was the French Resistance 'fucked up' by your standards?

Bollocks does Syria have to do with "imperialistic aims". It has to do with the Asad regeime and the fall out from the various opposition groups..

And no the French resistance wasn't fucked up (although they weren't very effective) but your going back 70 years to a situation of Nazi dominance over almost all of Europe. It has no relevance today.