• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Organic cocaine?

And it's a hydrocarbon, which in chemistry makes it organic.
You are quite correct. I apologize unreservedly for my misstatement and not to mention for my correcting of @4meSM's initial post on this (after reading it, carefully this time, again).

And had I not been quoted more than once: I'd have gone and edited my smart mouth post above if for no other reason than to save myself the embarrassment. But I cannot do that now can I.

Think of the technical definition here not the Whole Foods one of organic.
No excuse for the above but in my defense I was more fixated on taking the piss out of the notion of organic Cocaine (or Cocaine of the Whole Foods organic type , as you so aptly put it, which was where the OP was going with this) hence my attempting to make a convoluted and justifiable connection between Crude Oil and (environmentally friendly) Cocaine!

Fair enough: details, technicalities, and accuracy matter. :)

Mind you and as long as it (Kerosene) remains available in abundance and fit for purpose: cannot say as I give a rat's... :ROFLMAO:

Lets say purely fictional dried Coca was available in kg quantity's. Dried leaf, or fresh who know's i don't care for coke. Contain's 0.23/ 0.92 % Cocaine. Its legal over here your law may vary.

According to Wikipedia a simple acid-base reaction is all that is needed. So why enthusiast's are even trying to buy pure stuff is beyond my imagination. Its right in your doorstep.

The original tek on Shroomery uses Kersosine:
https://files.shroomery.org/cms/5884387-cocaine_extraction.pdf

Extraction is allowed yes? No?

Lets say purely fictional dried Coca was available in kg quantity's. Dried leaf, or fresh who know's i don't care for coke. Contain's 0.23/ 0.92 % Cocaine. Its legal over here your law may vary.

According to Wikipedia a simple acid-base reaction is all that is needed. So why enthusiast's are even trying to buy pure stuff is beyond my imagination. Its right in your doorstep.

The original tek on Shroomery uses Kersosine:
https://files.shroomery.org/cms/5884387-cocaine_extraction.pdf

Extraction is allowed yes? No?
I'm afraid it's a bit late in the evening for me to discuss this. So in the interim I present to you links to some of my finer work here.

I'd be very interested to know where "here" is? And I'm assuming you're referring to the likes of Coca leaf or this Coca de Mate tea that everybody bangs on about being legal wherever "here" is?

Have you looked at the retail prices charged per kg of dried Coca leaf? Compare that to wholesale (what the farmers actually get paid). Firstly you'll be surprised. And secondly it's the reason why this stuff is so cheap at source. The cost per kg of finished product only soars once it's left the source (and there's 101 reasons for that).

Let's just say that unless it's a hobby and for personal consumption then it's just not worth the time, cost, effort, and risk vs. the yield.

Basically: you go big or you go home. But that's just me of course! 🌱

And while these scaled down teks may appear to be simple on paper: that's not quite the case in practice and does require a reasonable amount of skill and hard work (but no: you don't need to be a chemistry major either I assure you and which is pretty ironic and amusing but that's another whole story).

Anyway. Have fun. Enjoy. Until tomorrow. Later.

Last edited:
I'm afraid it's a bit late in the evening for me to discuss this. So in the interim I present to you links to some of my finer work here.

I'd be very interested to know where "here" is? And I'm assuming you're referring to the likes of Coca leaf or this Coca de Mate tea that everybody bangs on about being legal wherever "here" is?

Have you looked at the retail prices charged per kg of dried Coca leaf? Compare that to wholesale (what the farmers actually get paid). Firstly you'll be surprised. And secondly it's the reason why this stuff is so cheap at source. The cost per kg of finished product only soars once it's left the source (and there's 101 reasons for that).

Let's just say that unless it's a hobby and for personal consumption then it's just not worth the time, cost, effort, and risk vs. the yield.

Basically: you go big or you go home. But that's just me of course! 🌱

And while these scaled down teks may appear to be simple on paper: that's not quite the case in practice and does require a reasonable amount of skill and hard work (but no: you don't need to be a chemistry major either I assure you and which is pretty ironic and amusing but that's another whole story).

Anyway. Have fun. Enjoy. Until tomorrow. Later.

Here is the Netherland's and over there is Peru. Both country's don't list unprocessed leaf on any list so its legal as long as no extraction is done.

And the prices are not that absurd, a normal men should be able to afford a kg and if he is lucky the yield will provide a clean product somewhat more expensive as buying on the street's. That is 25 year's ago no idea about the current situation. Its more that the yield is so little and the effort quite big, it is for enthusiast's or rich men in all probability.

I despise Coke in its pure form, so the tea is more then OK, my mom loves it. And as it is sold from within our little country no need for oversea order's anymore.

But you are correct any one doing this does it does it for:
1. A hobby

2. To get a taste of real cocaine, like it was sold in shady apartment's 30/ 25 year's ago.

3. Ethical reason's like; the not from someones ass part or containing animal de-worming agent.

What I don't get is the use of kerosine as solvent, although its an organic Hydro-Carbon. Its usage is being replaced by Dodecane. But in general Kerosine seems like a less flammable gasoline. But is it really necessary?

The simple Acid-base or Base-Acid reaction using an strong acid and base. Maybe you could even use a weak acid and base? Seems simpler and more convenient. And finding a suitable solvent better then kerosine must be an option right?

Without going in to deep price discussion this remind's me of Cannabis which was sold in the US before the ban in quantities of 5/ 10 kg, in block's like Straw, for a price that is unheard of today, very cheap.

Last edited:
Here is the Netherland's and over there is Peru. Both country's don't list unprocessed leaf on any list so its legal as long as no extraction are done.

And the prices are not that absurd, a normal men should be able to afford a kg and if he is lucky the yield will provide a clean product somewhat more expensive as buying on the street's. That is 25 year's ago no idea about the current situation. Its more that the yield is so little and the effort quite big, it is for enthusiast's or rich men in all probability.

I despise Coke in its pure form, so the tea is more then OK, my mom loves it. And as it is sold from within our little country no need for oversea order's anymore.

But you are correct any one doing this does it does it for:
1. A hobby

2. To get a taste of real cocaine, like it was sold in shady apartment's 30/ 25 year's ago.

3. Ethical reason's like the not from someones ass part or containing animal de-worming agent.

What I don't get is the use of kerosine as solvent, although its an organic Hydro-Carbon. the simple Acid-base or Base-Acid reaction using an strong acid and base. Maybe you could even use a weak acid and base? Seems simpler and more convenient.

Without going in to deep price discussion this remind's me of Cannabis which was sold in the US before the ban in quantities of 5/ 10 kg, in block's like Straw, for a price that is unheard of today, very cheap.
Good morning.

Thanks for your reply and the detail provided (it wasn't expected of you but I appreciate it nonetheless).

This not something that would be prudent for me to rehash.

But I'll say this:

The problem is the yield and which is HIGHLY dependent on the source and quality (and not to mention the efficiency of the extraction). And I've seen numbers ranging from 100kg to 1 000kg of Coca leaf just to be able to produce 1kg of pure HCL (and by pure I'm talking anywhere between 80% and 90%). And I can tell you: those dudes in that tek that you posted, assuming they had their figures right, were damn lucky. Either that or it certainly wasn't their first attempt! Or more likely: what they purported to be pure was far from it. Almost 25g from just under 5kg of Coca leaf and from tea bags no less? That equates to 5kg per 1 metric ton of Coca leaf. Unheard of. Even by best guess estimates and statistics. This aside: have some fun and see how much just 1kg of dried Coca leaf, Coca leaf powder, or Coca tea bags cost nowadays (talking consumer retail pricing here). In reality: it's an absolute travesty and exploitation at it's finest if you consider what the farmers are getting paid right now. But hey: I'm not here to sort out the socioeconomic conditions in South America! :ROFLMAO: And not really the poster child for civil rights activism either.

Anyway. Not much more I can say or contribute on the matter.

In reality: it's an absolute travesty and exploitation at it's finest if you consider what the farmers are getting paid right now. But hey: I'm not here to sort out the socioeconomic conditions in South America! :ROFLMAO: And not really the poster child for civil rights activism either.

Anyway. Not much more I can say or contribute on the matter.
True, farmer's round the world are the ones that are really the ones profiting the least and doing the most amount of work. That goes for farmer's that live next door and oversea, sad but true.

That is why i appreciate the Peruvian decision to decriminalize this so farmer's can at least try to make a buck on Coca.