• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Oral Methamphetamine - low dose SSRI - Cyproheptadine

Jayjay95

Greenlighter
Hi guys

I ran out of my adhd medication and I have to single handedly pack my house and get it ready for the moving truck (moving interstate) Usual medication is (dexamphetamine) -

So I purchase 100mg of methamphetamine. My usual medications are; 20mg Effexor & 30mg Mirtazapine. My tolerance to dexamphetamine would not be too high - dosing roughly 3 days per week ~ 15mg.

Anyways, I weighed up 30mg of the drug and dosed orally. I am feeling sort of sedated and not very motivated which is quite a hindrance to my current goal of packing. My understanding is that methamphetamine has a higher affinity for serotonin and dopamine rather than norepinephrine. Given this, I’m wondering if cyproheptadine (periactin) will increase the efficacy of the methamphetamine to hit dopamine and norepinephrine over that of serotonin. This may be the case given that cypro is an antagonist at many serotonin receptors that can block dopamine; namely, the 5ht2a & 5ht2c. I know my usual Mirtazapine blocks these but not that strongly at just 30mg, moreso 45mg +. Plus the Effexor would be compounding the dopamine blunting (tapering) - given my tolerance to anti histamines - cypro anti histamine shouldn’t be a problem. I’m thinking 1mg may help.

Does anybody have experience mixing these compounds? I’m not chasing pleasure or sedation. Rather, goal oriented concentration which serotonin doesn’t have any business with. 🙏

I've definitely noticed the same problem with lowish doses of methamphetamine. Not noradrenergic enough to be very productive.

That said i doubt your cyproheptadine experiment will work. The antihistamine properties will work against you and the norepinephrine transporter affinity will reduce methamphetamine's norepinephrine release.

What you need is probably a high enough dose of methamphetamine to be sufficiently adrenergic. Eventually, it becomes adrenergic, and becomes highly stimulating.

Or just get some ephedrine (bronkaid, available otc) and take 50mg on its own. That will get you moving, probably. Or get some cyclazodone or n-methylcyclazodone which are pretty strongly stimulating (the latter of which i once cleaned and reorganized my garage on for 10 hours straight after a significant dose).

There is no danger to your experiment, I just don't think it will work.

Mirtazapine is sevenfold more powerful an antihistamine than cypro and have a rather large tolerance. I feel like cyproheptadines affinity for this would not be an issue. I may dose another 10mg and try and get my natural adrenergic system going with a walk. Lol

Actually cyproheptadine is a more potent antihistamine but more importantly if it has affinity for the norepinephrine transporter you are going to inhibit meth's release of norepinephrine.

The real truth of the matter is that no dose of cyproheptadine will transform a low dose of methamphetamine into a more stimulating drug. You really just need more methamphetamine.

Well I dosed another 15mg - don’t want to dose too high so hopefully we are on! Serotonergic effects are very pronounced - comparable to a low dose MDMA tbh

Thanks @negrogesic. I can't figure out most of our N&P stuff very well on my own, it makes sense when distilled down into these use cases.