• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium Tincture, USP

NoVaHH

Greenlighter
So, was given an Rx for:
Opium Tincture, USP (Deodorized) 10mg/mL of anhydrous morphine. 118mL (4 Fl oz). Each 100mL contains: 1g of anhydrous morphine (represents the equivalent of 10g of Powdered Opium, USP), and alcohol, 19%. (copied right off the label.)

Also has a script for Hydromorphone (Dilaudid 2mg 3x daily) so I have a pretty high opiate tolerance. What options are available with the Opium Tincture? Trying to determine if there's a way to get the same rush as IV Dilaudid, or something close to it. Know the Tincture contains all the alkaloids from the opium plant as well as being alcohol based.

Last edited:
I've had an Rx for opium tincture and plugging is the ONLY way to take it if you're looking to get high. Oral BA is around 10%. Rectal is around 85-95%. The rush/burn is intense if you dose properly. One of my favorite opiates to abuse back in the day, that and pod tea (and obviously dope).

If you can get high from a 30mg oxycodone snorted or plugged, than 3.0ml plugged will get you a similar effect, if not stronger as 3ml = 30mg morphine.

Be careful, start low and work up.

I've only taken it orally using a dropper for an accurate dose (around 40 drops or 2ml was more than enough to experience its strength and purity).

Definitely the most potent opiate I have taken orally and don't feel the need to experiment with it further which is surprising or it could be that I am just getting a little wiser the older I get.

Don't want to waste what I have left of it anyway as it will be of far more value to me medicinally in the future if needed.

SL