OPIUM in america.

I bought a half z for <snip> in Iowa, but that was a rare situation:(

as with the post above, please see the new rule regarding price discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Laxmi Dhoop does smell wonderful but yeah everytime I've been offered opium its been that or sopium and people try n sell it for <snip>/g... never seen black tar heroin. ever. Southeast here..

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, this is getting out of hand. i had to edit the last 3 posts because they contained information on prices which is NO LONGER ALLOWED.

please read the thread regarding price discussion. i will no longer be giving 2nd chances to those who are in violation, meaning it will be an automatic warning for the next person who posts a price in any thread.

I have never heard of real O being sold in the UK.

So much of it grows wild in and around my town, so sometimes I see plants that have been/are being harvested. There would be no point buying it.

This summer, i was just out in the country (im talkin 20min walk outta town) harvesting from a huge group of a few hundred, maybe a thousand, pods, when this guy pulls up in his car and starts collecting also.
funny shit.

I know people who've talked about getting "black rock opium" here in southern Washington state, they saw what I am used to, black tar heroin, and said it smelt the same only not as strong and looked the same, had the same consistency, etc.

They said you could shoot this "black rock opium" and they had before, I told them I heard you cannot shoot opium because of the codeine content, but they digressed. Of course, heroin has a vinegar smell, so this was most likely black tar heroin that they had correct? Does opium also have a vinegar smell?

that's heroin.

opium smells like...... plant juices.

never ever ever ever like vinegar.
heroin smells like vinegar, because acetic (ethanoic) acid is used in the acetylization (obviously) of morphine to heroin (diacetylmorphine),
and acetic acid is the smelly component of vinegar.

so Im at a festival recently and some kid is hollerin opium... intrigued but skeptical of the infamous "soapium" that floats around I took a look. Much to my surprise what he had was grams of a hardened greenish black substance.

The only opium I have ever seen is usually puttyish blackness that smells of incense. This stuff had no smell but a nice taste of flowers. It also gave a very legit opiate high much to my supprise. Needless to say I spent $ on 2 grams but I think it was worth every penny <3

Very nice to find some legit opium, has anyone else ever seen opium like this before?

Quote: "So I am almost positive that I got screwed.
I was at a festival, dude comes through hootin' opium...
OK so I buy it, it smells like incense, so immediately I know it aint opium...
Its squishy, stretchy, it smells funky, its gotta have some tar in it..
So I smoke a bit in a tiny bowl and I get a little body/head buzz.

My questions are:

1. If this is not opium, what are my chances of it at least having some dope in it.
2. What should the dope taste like? This stuff almost reminds me of crack.
3. What should it taste like if it has black tar in it? What should it taste like if its just incense.

If anyone could help i'd appreciate it because I don't want anyone around here getting their hands on dangerous stuff, I'll throw it out if I must... ;]"

-Prof. Hughley of mediscape tech.

chicago has it speratically for like a month or 2 then dry for a year or 2. Many times when younger we got fucked over iwth the rocks "red", "clear"(which actually was some weird opiate), "brown" (nasty incense), now after reading this i know about the dhoop cause i alwys wondered what it was that passed ofropium cause i know that i had tried it 3 or 4 times and it was different from what 90% of people were saying was opium. HA they all got DHOOPED!!!
Really pisses me off that the main times i hear about opium around here is when it gets interceptedat ohare airport.
only REA shit has been from thie one musician that has nation contacts and some ranodom asian guy i met in cook county jail that had family in china town and they would bring it with them once a year as a specail thing for their american family memebers and i was lucky enough to part take more then a few times with him. then after known him for year and half he diapeared probally back in prison

$20/gram 10 years ago, purchased in the northeast. I think it was brought in from upstate New York. My sophomore year of college Opium was easier to get than buds for a long time. I'd meet up with people to smoke and everyone just had like 2.5g of Opium and no pot 8(

I'm curious after reading this thread and reading a lot of material on Opium. The stuff i got was jet black, very sticky, and REEKED like flowers. I'm talkin' the nicest sweetest most concentrated flower smell evar. After reading a lot about harvest/production/extraction, i think what i was smoking was "uncooked" opium, but a lot of people on here are saying that if it's black and sticky it's fake. It burned evenly, would cherry, and definitely gave a mellowing high.

That dhoop incense does look a lot like what i used to smoke, but it has particulates in it and looks really dry so i don't think it's the same thing. Anyone have experience blazing what i described ?

^i'm not sure what you had, but I can tell you that you didn't have real opium. poppy flowers dont even smell good, let alone the opium sap. it doesn't cherry either.

there is no way it would be around more than marijuana either.

Last edited:
Laxmi Dhoop does smell wonderful but yeah everytime I've been offered opium its been that or sopium and people try n sell it for <snip>/g... never seen black tar heroin. ever. Southeast here..

i've tried opium twice and i also live in the SE (the holy city). opium was all of a sudden available from some hippie who sold pot and shrooms but damns that opium dried up fast and i was out of town the weekend it was available. luckily my friend let me hit his opium pipe. months later the wonderful opium taste still lingers in his pipe. opium is the best smoke i've ever had in terms of taste and smoothness. does that mean it was incense? i honestly don't know because i was never stupid enough to buy the opium incense at head shops. the first time i tried it was after vaping 1/8 of $60 herb and for whatever reason i entered a spiraling staircase of self hatred. the second time was at a friends house while i watched 8 1/2 but only having smoked a (comparatively) moderate amount of herb. now that was amazing....

I recall fake opium at dead shows in the "80's....I believe that most of what folks on here claim ws opium wasn't....Only way is if you knew some local asian/middle easterners..or possibly some nocal/ oregon hippies.. my .02

Is there any particular reason that it may be more common in Northern California than Southern California, or anywhere else for that matter?

One huge reason I thing is because there is a large Hmong expatriate community especially in Fresno. I courtesy dosed at a clinic and was told by a counselor that alot of them were there for opium- had a shit load at the clinic an they kinda stuck out- the BAART clinic on Van Ness in the Tower District. Probably had relatives mail it or a tight ethnic underground like the scene for khat in this country. When I was at my clinic in San Jose I had a persian guy I new that had a hook up on opium but that was sporadic so he mostly did black tar heroin.

In highschool I got opium once that was brown/ yellow brown and looked like hard rock candy. I remember it had a wonderful taste. I saw dragons blood the other day in OB and it looked alot alike. I know what I had gotten was opium/ or an opiate because of the degree that my eyes were pinned. This was in the 80s by the way. I started a thread on connoisseur quality opium by the way, so its in BL somewhere. I'll link it if I find it.

do you have to process the goo from the the pods? or do you just collect it, dry it , then smoke it?

I live in alabama and I wish I could buy some papaver somniferum seeds to grow in my "garden".