• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Opioid Tolerance Reduction Project Using Supplements(Experimental)

last night i think i ate around 1100mcg -2100mcg folic acid mistakenly.i remember having a pill of 1 mg folic acid in my hand and before that i am sure i ate 600mcg folic acid.it made some problems and i couldn't sleep last night.i just slept for 3 hours.i had too much energy to fall to sleep.and my mouth had a metallic taste and yet it has.i thought maybe i had kidney problem because i used too many pills these days.high doses of folic acid can make kidney problem but i don't think its the case.i have read an article said 15 mg of folic acid didn't made any important side effect.and last month i checked my kidneys by blood test.i hope nothing bad happens.

Way too many risks associated with this. There is a better, more reliable and risk-free method that doesn't give you potential prostate cancer, sleep disorder and cognitive impairment.

Way too many risks associated with this. There is a better, more reliable and risk-free method that doesn't give you potential prostate cancer, sleep disorder and cognitive impairment.
thank you for your suggestion.
actually the risks i have written do not occur if you use it correctly.and your method isn't without risks as well.wikipedia says about naltrexon: Side effects may include trouble sleeping, anxiety, nausea, and headaches. and many other with lower possibility to occur (reference)
i think its better for your thread to metntion these safety notes as well as mine for beginner peoples sake.

thank you for your suggestion.
actually the risks i have written do not occur if you use it correctly.and your method isn't without risks as well.wikipedia says about naltrexon: Side effects may include trouble sleeping, anxiety, nausea, and headaches. and many other with lower possibility to occur (reference)
i think its better for your thread to metntion these safety notes as well as mine for beginner peoples sake.
The risks of naltrexone are dose dependent. With ULDN dosages being in the microgram scale (anywhere between 1.5µg and 100µg) you cannot develop any of those symptoms as the blood concentration is immaterially low. Even in LDN studies these symptoms aren't mentioned and therefore we can conclude that the risk is basically non-existent. The side effects on wiki are in relation to non-off-label use where the doctor prescribes you like 50mg as a minimum dose.

i have heart ache sometimes i don't know if its because of supplements or what but usually it gets better with changing my body posture..last night it was very bed during sleep i thought i am going to stroke.i hate sudden cardiac death.i rather to die by corona virus than sudden cardiac death.because you cant get ready for that.suddenly a huge pain comes and i get anxiety and i feel guilt and regret for all things i have done because i think god is punishing me for doing drugs and other things which people say they are bad but i don't agree.
i used less supplements today but i still get a little pain in the heart.
oh god help....

d

thankyou for your suggestion
zinc has heavy side effects(wikipedia said people died even by ingesting pennies or denture creams contanig zinc)and can not be used daily for such purposes like tolerance reduction.
a tolerance reducer needs to be safe and almost non toxic at all.

Umm lol yes I’d hope no one would consume pennies or denture creams to get it. Zinc can be had from zinc containing supplements which are indeed safe. And in fact many males are deficient. Or one can eat clams and oysters as another good way to stick up on zinc.

-GC

News at 11. Taking multivitamins is behind the current overdose crisis. Centrum to be sued by Purdue Pharma!

I don't think it's entirely beyond reason that correcting a deficiency could help with drug effects, and general well being, but I frankly feel that vitamin and mineral absorbtion are so regulated that mega dosing likely wouldn't do a whole lot to a non-deficient individual.

At the end of the day it is individuals taking these drugs, and there is likely no silver bullet. An intervention may likely work to some degree for some (though so will the placebo effect for a brief time), but not for others (although if I had to be dependant on opioids for a long time, I would try ultra low dose naltrexone, as it's toll like receptor effects likely are the closest to relevant pathways involved in both opioids tolerance and hyperalgesia).

News at 11. Taking multivitamins is behind the current overdose crisis. Centrum to be sued by Purdue Pharma!

I don't think it's entirely beyond reason that correcting a deficiency could help with drug effects, and general well being, but I frankly feel that vitamin and mineral absorbtion are so regulated that mega dosing likely wouldn't do a whole lot to a non-deficient individual.

At the end of the day it is individuals taking these drugs, and there is likely no silver bullet. An intervention may likely work to some degree for some (though so will the placebo effect for a brief time), but not for others (although if I had to be dependant on opioids for a long time, I would try ultra low dose naltrexone, as it's toll like receptor effects likely are the closest to relevant pathways involved in both opioids tolerance and hyperalgesia).
its not about deficiency...i didn't talk about deficiency a single word.its just a side effect or some kind of mechanism that works that way and makes tolerance disappeared temporarily.and its not only a theory i am using them everyday and its working.

its not about deficiency...i didn't talk about deficiency a single word.its just a side effect or some kind of mechanism that works that way and makes tolerance disappeared temporarily.and its not only a theory i am using them everyday and its working.
It is one thing for an effect to work for you. It is another thing for it to generalize to a broader population.

If this had a large effect size, pharmacies would tell opioid patients to avoid biotin so they do not overdose, as they do with grapefruit.

I referred to deficiency as uptake of water soluble vitamins is a highly regulated process by the body. When there is an excess of a vitamin the body decreases uptake. High doses just make expensive urine.

It is one thing for an effect to work for you. It is another thing for it to generalize to a broader population.

If this had a large effect size, pharmacies would tell opioid patients to avoid biotin so they do not overdose, as they do with grapefruit.

I referred to deficiency as uptake of water soluble vitamins is a highly regulated process by the body. When there is an excess of a vitamin the body decreases uptake. High doses just make expensive urine.
i guess you didn't read my first post carefully.its not biotin only...it is a combination that is not used normally.so it is reasonable that no one has still found it.

Have you considered maybe you have acid reflux esp if you take a lot of supplements and or meds like me? It can feel like a heart attack and your chest on fire. I only bring this up because my heartburn can get better by changing posture.

i guess you didn't read my first post carefully.its not biotin only...it is a combination that is not used normally.so it is reasonable that no one has still found it.
Well, I am glad that it works for you.

Have you considered maybe you have acid reflux esp if you take a lot of supplements and or meds like me? It can feel like a heart attack and your chest on fire. I only bring this up because my heartburn can get better by changing posture.
i had some gastrointestinal problems before,they are different, my heart pain is way too concentrated on my left chest than it is needed to be known for heartburn.but i have a hypothesis that maybe when my blood pressure is down that pain happens to me.because i used some heart meds before and the pain is similar to what they make and i know that the reason my heart didn't respond well to heart meds is because they make my heart work at a low speed and low blood pressure that isn't acceptable to my body so my heart cant even feed itself by pumping enough blood. it may be the reason for why it aches.
i took a lot of supplements and oxycodone these days i think its reasonable some thing like that happens.
and good news last night i had almost no heart pain because i used lower amount of supplements.but i had some pain in my legs i guess it was withdrawal symptoms.
i have heart pain problem with naproxen too.sometimes it makes some pain in the heart although i use it for headache and i think its worth because my headaches are debilitating but i am anxious when i get that pain everytime i think something bad is gonna happen maybe i shouldn't have done it then i get guilt.repeats every time.
i guess the main reason for my heart ache is omega 3...it lowers blood pressure 2mmgh when used more than 2 grams.
maybe if i place interval between omega 3 and opioid usage,my heart be better
Well, I am glad that it works for you.
thanks🙏

Last edited:
Do you have low blood pressure? Are the heart meds like beta blockers or like aspirin or blood thinners? You mentioned mm hg so do you have a specific value of your average blood pressure?

Do you have low blood pressure? Are the heart meds like beta blockers or like aspirin or blood thinners? You mentioned mm hg so do you have a specific value of your average blood pressure?
first of all i should thank you for your attention to my problem.
meds were betablockers.they didn't make pain everyday.usually it was 3 or 4 times in a week with a weak pain.but recently my heart has gone sensitive.i couldn't use my medication which i was taking it for couple years.i don't know why.but it was after my stomach ulcer.and my psychological state was worse than before and i was suicidal.but now both of the problems are solved and i still get heart pain a lot.im a little scared if i am going to have a young death.i always thought about that.and my heart is saying something dangerous i guess. my cardiologist didn't found anything special.but my blood test was a little abnormal.my red cells size was a little different and my bad cholestrol a little high and low iron and tibc was a little abnormal.but doctor said this isn't important. i am going to do another blood test in the next week.and if that be normal i want to do a echocardiography to get more certain how my health is.last year i did these tests and there were no problem in the tests and i still had heart pain sometimes.i guess as i said those meds make my heart to work weaker performance and thats why pain is happening.i am thinking if there is a serious problem in my body and no test can show it then one of these days sudden cardiac death happens.😞

I'm confused your on heart medication from a cardiologist but he can't tell you why your heart needs it ?

Sorry if this was a stupid question I've just been reading your post trying to figure out the doctors reasoning

Is the beta blocker to lower your pulse to help like an anxiety disorder or directly for a heart condition (idk if that makes sense).

I have tried all kinds of things in the past to reduce tolerance/potentiate/alter pharmacokinetics of opioids and etc., and I found nothing truly works.

A tremendous caveat here is that these efforts were not made in pursuit of increasing the analgesic effects (since I have never suffered chronic pain, at least not beyond existential dread). My attempts were all made in the pursuit of additional subjectively "enjoyable effects", as well as increased sedative effects. Even things that work well on paper, like taking fluvoxamine on a daily basis while on methadone (which is known to significantly increase methadone blood levels, even dangerously so) never seemed to do a while lot for me.

But again, I can't weigh in from a pain control perspective though, only in my attempts to increase the euphoriant and sedative effects of narcotics. Black seed oil definitely does potentiate kratom, though my guess this is probably more of an additive effect given that both black seed oil and kratom are both fairly notable calcium channel (VDCC) blockers. But the effect is short-lived.

By the way, I can't imagine any situation where someone would overdose on a dose of an opioid that they wouldn't otherwise overdose on simply because they took some biotin or omega-3 fatty acids (as the OP suggested). That isn't possible.

I'd also caution against zinc supplements if you are on benzodiazepines, in benzo withdrawal or have suffered serious benzo withdrawal in the past, since it can have anti-GABAergic effects which can definitely be felt by those with impaired GABA-A receptor function. Zinc makes me pretty anxious in any significant amounts. Took me a while to figure, but each time I took this one zinc supplement (i believe each capsule contained 90mg of zinc in chelated and other forms) I'd feel very edgy. Eventually did some research and turns out there is a mechanism behind it.

Shouldn't be a problem for most people though. But again, my view is that trying to potentiate the euphoriant effects of opioids is a lost cause (yet I can't speak to efforts to enhance the analgesic effects in the treatment of chronic pain).

I'm confused your on heart medication from a cardiologist but he can't tell you why your heart needs it ?

Sorry if this was a stupid question I've just been reading your post trying to figure out the doctors reasoning

Is the beta blocker to lower your pulse to help like an anxiety disorder or directly for a heart condition (idk if that makes sense).
oh thats true :laughing:
the pain problem of my heart isn't related to why doctor prescribed the med.
i had fast heart rate most of the time.so he gave me betablocker(bisoprolol) and it was good sometimes but recently that medication looked like its not suitable for me the pain was high and i was scared if i don't put that away then something bad happens.i think my heart is getting weaker overtime because i used many pills.and i am not a good gene maybe.

Shouldn't be a problem for most people though. But again, my view is that trying to potentiate the euphoriant effects of opioids is a lost cause (yet I can't speak to efforts to enhance the analgesic effects in the treatment of chronic pain).

youre right i tried many things myself and they didn't work.did you use uldn?people say this one is different i want to try it in the future.

ULDN - The magic weapon to reduce and keep tolerance to Opioids low

Just FYI:

Long term use of blackseed oil is associated with serotonin syndrome when combined with opioids. There are many documented cases of people who take blackseed oil daily then experience serotonin syndrome in the hospital when given opioids during or postoperative surgery.

I'm on methadone, drink every now and then and have been feeling my dose not holding me as well. Overall I have just been feeling rough but because of this thread I thought to take a multivitamin with my methadone the last two days and have felt great. 100% better.

I know alcohol can make your body metabolize methadone faster but I believe this post does have value because alcohol and opiates cause vitamin decency. Opiates specifically because they hamper gut mobility and nutrient absorption so taking supplements has been beneficial to me in the past with frequent doses of an opioid.