Opinions Needed - Splitting Opiate Discussion Off From OD Into A New Forum

Would you like to see opiate discussion split off from OD and into it's own forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Well, sometimes. Sometimes they are in PD, right? At least methylone, I don't know about mephedrone. I don't visit PD much.)

Discussions on meph, M1 (and B1 and many others) can be found in PD, OD and especially EADD (and also many others) at the moment. Where these drugs can finally rest their weary heads and find a place to call home is still slightly debatable. I would suggest they all belong in OD as things stand.

I propose a compromise: give mephedrone its own forum, let bob loblaw mod it, and leave OD intact. How about that?

=D

I have nothing against the copious discussion of opiates on OD however there are many more deserving topics to be discussed that often go overlooked and buried due to the flood of posts concerning opiates.

I believe if the opiates had their own forum, much more would come out of OD than the same posts that seem to get reiterated over and over (opiates are pretty generic drugs so the same questions do tend to get asked repeatedly).

Just my $0.02

Fine tuppence it is too you have there :)

The idea that OD (as in other drugs) will be discussed more and in further detail appeals to me and I can see that being a possibility if OD were to be split.

More than 50% of the discussion in OD is about opiate related topics anyway. I definitely think there should be an opiate section.

$.02

I voted after only reading the OP but DAMN, I'm stunned by the poll resulsts already.

btw I voted no.

I voted after only reading the OP but DAMN, I'm stunned by the poll resulsts already.

btw I voted no.

What stuns you about them?

I'm personally a bit surprised more people aren't voting no; I actually thought it was really cool that blue light set up OD the way it is now.

I'm personally a bit surprised more people aren't voting no; I actually thought it was really cool that blue light set up OD the way it is now.

they're convinced that compartmentalization and fragmentation is better. if it was up to them, there'd be a seperate forum on each and every drug known to man... heaven forbid they have to see other threads on other subjects that might catch their interest and result in them clicking it and learning something new, or become interested in something else...

oh hey while we're splitting up the forums, i think Psychedelics Discussion should be split into Phenethylamines and Tryptamines, because they're totally different in their effects and pharmacology and therefore should be seperated from each other; and it should also be split so that Dissociatives go in their own seperate forum too. 8)

they're convinced that compartmentalization and fragmentation is better. if it was up to them, there'd be a seperate forum on each and every drug known to man... heaven forbid they have to see other threads on other subjects that might catch their interest and result in them clicking it and learning something new, or become interested in something else...

oh hey while we're splitting up the forums, i think Psychedelics Discussion should be split into Phenethylamines and Tryptamines, because they're totally different in their effects and pharmacology and therefore should be seperated from each other; and it should also be split so that Dissociatives go in their own seperate forum too. 8)

Ecstacy Discussion should be split up into MDA, MDMA, each different pipe (one for BZP, one for TFMPP, one for BZP+TFMPP, one for mCPP, and so on...)

SLR should be split up into SD (sex discussion), LD (love discussion), RD (relationship discussion)..and subforums of such...

It would be endless.

i really like the idea of prefixes. it would help with searches and research as well, and applied to more forums than just here. actually shit, with the implementation of prefixes, some forums could even be done away with if traffic is slow (for example cannabis discussion could be put back in with psychedelics, and then you could just select to display only "cannabis" threads; not saying this SHOULD be done, just that it COULD be) or if consolidation would make things more efficient

oh and for the record, anything with a methylenedioxy ring (methylone, butylone, mbdb, etc; i think i saw a methylone thread in here once recently and thought 'wtf?!') should go in ecstasy discussion, not here. i think pipes fit better here than ED or PD, as do serotonergic amphetamines (mephedrone, pma, iap, etc); everything thats in a pressed pill goes in ED by default, but when discussing the chemicals seperately they're more OD stuff. also synthetic cannabinoids (JWH series and whatever the other ones are) belong in CD, not here.

I feel like opiates make up such a large part of the OD post count that the original OD forum would become stagnant without these posts.

Split that shit like East and West Germany circa 1945!

johanneschimpobach said:
I propose a compromise: give mephedrone its own forum, let bob loblaw mod it, and leave OD intact. How about that?

Oh hell yeah, bro!

Absolutely. It's really a very distinct class of drugs and heavily discussed. Many opiate users - regulars/addicts especially - don't use any other drugs much, either, so we don't care about the other drugs. It'd be easier to just see and discuss what is relevant to that group in a Opiate-only forum.

Of course it should be split up, the more specific a thread the better.

theres should be an opiate disscussion
and a stimulate discussion!
and then other drug discussion

it appears i am in the minority as far as not splitting up OD.

having said that i am one of these people who only particularly care about opiates but i just kinda liked OD the way it was. plus im one of those if it aint broke, dont fix it, kind of fellas

anyways, since we are taking suggestions
MODS: can we please amend the rules so that there can be unlimited drug discussion in the social.
everyone in there uses drugs and whenever it is talked about why it is we cant discuss drugs in the social the answer always is that is what the rest of OD is for but that isnt always true. OD is for good/well thought out questions in regards to certain drugs.

drug discussion in the social is, well, social drug talk. not questions and damn sure not something that warrants its own thread. i dunno just an idea i would like to throw out there as long as we are takin suggestions

EDIT: figures.......... after the above post an hour ago i just got busted for talkin bout drugs in the social. it was two posts. i was talkin to someone else who did two posts n we got our stuff deleted.

also as a suggestion is regards to ^this for the mods is have the rules apply evenly to everyone. small amounts of drug talk slide by in the social when a mod is participating in the discussion but if not then the mods crack down harder n try to make an example/wield the modstick, you guys may not wanna look into yourselfs but go back n check the threads. if a mod is talkin drugs then the discussion will go on for a little while. if it is two non mods or non BL crew then your window of drug discussion opportunity is much smaller.

mods must lead by example or whatever they say is gonna get ignored.

Just some food for thought Mods

Last edited:
I personally like the idea of splitting it between uppers and downers if it's going to be slit at all. It just seems to make sense to me. As it is now OD seems like it is for "hard" drugs but makes no distinction between coke, heroin, etc.

I am kinda used to it the current way, though. So I really don't feel strongly one way or another.

opiate discussion
stim discussion
benzo discussion
merge other drugs with basic drug discussion (no od confusion)
Maybe a RC discussion

That cover 99% of discussions along with the existing forums

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.