View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Opiates for come up

freaktech

Bluelighter
Do you find that opiates might ease the come Up stage from some rough psychedelics at this phase? To reduce edgyness, muscle tension, etc. I think at some on the low side, as 60 mg of codeine or 10-20 heroin.

That's not necessarily low, but it can help although it's likely to dull things

I've never used heroin and I'm not claiming to be super knowledgeable but my gut tells me that 10-20mg heroin is way more potent than 60mg codeine..

I used to use codeine and it felt dirty in combination with phychs. There was caffeine in the extraction as well so that could have played a part..

There's possible, I didn't take codeine since ages and maybe i remember It more strong than It is, as my opiate tolerancia upped with time even with non-diary use. With my tolerance 10 mg of good dope (smoked) don't affect so much my awereness but have the anti-anxiety, painless muscles effect, etc

For a while I wouldn't even take acid unless I was going to take opioids with it. I'm past that now, but to be quite frank, I've simply replaced them with alcohol. Acid and downers are the best of combos.

Not much of an opiate user, only ever took the couple vicodin that would come randomly fall into my hands when i was a teenager, but from my experience that sounds like a terrible way to dull the psychedelic experience.

I'd honestly I'd get really in my head about the addictive potential of opiate if I was tripping, and opiates are shorter lasting than most psychs and the comedowns can clearly make people quite irritable or uncomfortable to say the least

opiates should be reserved for if the trip becomes unmanageable and bad, they will reduce the mystical insight but the pretty colours will be just as good

of courtse they will take the edge off thats what they do at any point when you take them

IME much better than a valium for dealing with a bad trip

All of my trips in the past several years have included opies....not because of the trip though....

All I'll say is uncontrollable NAUSEA/VOMITING......UGH. I can only guess it's because of the opies because I never had this issue with LSD in the past...

-PA

Last edited:
I actually will time my trips so I can either dose my methadone with it, or when I'm coming down. It cuts down on the "serotonin gut" as I call it. I get gassy and some diarrhea, especially with lysergamides, and the methadone slowing down my guts motility helps greatly

I took tramadol 3 hours before mushrooms and it was one of the best trips i've had to date. I'd say they are a pretty good combo if you don't get overly sedated from the opiates.

I take regular opiates for pain and have to avoid on days I am tripping as best I can as I find they dull the come up, (and for what its worth I feel nauseous on come up so much so I have a basin beside me - just in case).

Tramadol is an SNRI too so it will have more intense interactions possibly dulling the trip, which could make it better for some who can't handle the intensity

It wasn't a high dose of tramadol, at least for me. I took 250mg i believe, it didn't dull the trip one bit, i took 2.3 grams of dried golden caps

Acid is already hedonistic enough for me. If I don't feel good enough, I just take more acid and the pleasure ensues. Once in a while a valium is necessary for a panic attack but preloading seems somewhat pointless to me. To each their own.

Opiods are for after tripping dawg. Nothing better than coming down and taking some pills/kratom/heroin whatever agonist you got whackin your brain lately. The transition from "weird warped spiritual significance" to "so normal it's just beautiful" in terms of how you perceive yourself and your situation is delicious.

i'd say it depends if you regularly use opiates or not. if you're addicted chances are you don't get much of the unpleasant side-effects from them anymore, and of course you're not going to want to be dopesick while tripping. if you're not hooked on em it depends how you usually react to them when you do indulge...if you get nauseous probly not a good idea to use for the come-up, but you'll be loving them while crashing for sure.