• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates and Benzos only Meds that help my PTSD

Man in the Dark

Bluelighter
I know the combination can be deadly if not used properly, and I am not advocating this as some cure all. It has helped me tremendously. I have tried all the medications the VA has given me From Ssri's to Antisycotics but what has helped me be less aggressive, less anxious and less depressed is 20- 30mg of OxyCodone IR in the evening say around 6pm and 3 mg of Klonopin.

The Klonopin I take around 10 am 1mg and then 2mgs at around 8pm. I want to get off the Oxy asap but I am a CPP and I don't see me getting off the Klonopin for sometime.

Any feed back or advice would be appreciated. I have been on benzos on and off for 13 years but have been a daily user for almost 2 years. I have been using opiates daily for approximately 5 months and on and off for over a year. I was on a heavy dose when I was severely injured in the military and was hospitalized for months and then and the only relief I was getting was from IV Demerol but that was almost 20 years ago. I was injured again several years back.

Thank you for reading any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Also if there are any else that has had similar results as I have.

Effexor and Seroquel messed up my blood counts and raised my lymphocytes. I was on Depakote which raised liver enzymes to an alarming 500 which I wa told 40 was in the normal range (sorry for not knowing the exact name). I also tryed abylify and multiple meds for OCD.

I never figured out why the fuck they would even prescribe Effexor for PTSD...

I never figured out why the fuck they would even prescribe Effexor for PTSD...

Agreed. They had me on much more than what I listed. It's like they just throw anything at you. Any problem or pain you have the VA has a med for it.

I'm seeing more and more vets coming home and not getting proper care lately, especially when it comes to serious chronic pain, it's really fucked up if u ask me. It seems like this nationwide opiod scare is affecting a lot of vets negatively.
Antipsychotics are pretty useless IMO/ime. They work for a very small number of people but are prescribed very freely. These meds are doing much more damage than properly dosed opiods IMO.
I take opiates to help my mental issues also because they're the only class of meds that's helped, all the antipsychotics and anti depressants only made me feel even worse and the side effects were unbareable. Just know your not weird or anything cause there's a lot of us coming outta the woodwork to talk about this lately here on bluelight. It's definitely far from an ideal situation and will probably lead to serious addiction issues in a lot of cases but for some of us opiods are literally a lifesaver, regardless of the addiction/dependence issues.
Anyway I just wanted to chime in to let u know that ur not alone.i can't stand the way drs at the va are treating u guys. FUCK EM!

I'm seeing more and more vets coming home and not getting proper care lately, especially when it comes to serious chronic pain, it's really fucked up if u ask me. It seems like this nationwide opiod scare is affecting a lot of vets negatively.
Antipsychotics are pretty useless IMO/ime. They work for a very small number of people but are prescribed very freely. These meds are doing much more damage than properly dosed opiods IMO.
I take opiates to help my mental issues also because they're the only class of meds that's helped, all the antipsychotics and anti depressants only made me feel even worse and the side effects were unbareable. Just know your not weird or anything cause there's a lot of us coming outta the woodwork to talk about this lately here on bluelight. It's definitely far from an ideal situation and will probably lead to serious addiction issues in a lot of cases but for some of us opiods are literally a lifesaver, regardless of the addiction/dependence issues.
Anyway I just wanted to chime in to let u know that ur not alone.i can't stand the way drs at the va are treating u guys. FUCK EM!

Thank you for your input you have no idea how helpful it is. You are spot on no other medication has worked for me. I have a wife and young son and Now that I take opiates I am able to deal with them and others much better, like you have said they are a lifesaver. Unfourtanetly there is the addiction issues.

The sad thing is the VA won't prescribe opiates if they are prescribing you Benzo's but other reputable Dr's will. I understand the reasoning. As they don't want any narcotic related deaths on their hands as they have enough problems. Thank you again I greatly appreciate your response.