• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opiate withdrawal.... how many consecutive days of use to form a physical dependence

xwrfb1466

Greenlighter
I'm new to using forums and all that and didnt know where to start a new thread so im just going to place it here i guess with that said: I was addicted to opiates for 5 years typically taking between 100mgs to 200mgs daily of vicodin, Percocet, roxi's any opiate i could get my hands on to function the dose varied daily depending on what i could get my hands on. but with that said I've been clean from opiates for 66 days... i went cold turkey the day after thanksgiving bc I couldnt live that way anymore was hardest thing ive ever done.. my physical withdrawls have been gone for about 7 weeks and i have not craved them for over a month. .. well of course im a dumass and a girl came over tonight for a little something / something...... and she had some vicodins on her and we all know we are champs while on them so i took 35 mgs 2 hours ago and now im freaking out thinking im going to go thru hell again.. but am im overthinking this is??? after one night of using am i going to feel any withdrawl symptoms tomarrow or should i be ok since ive waited over 2 months to take an opiate again...

i was proud of going 66 days and i did it cold turkey and the 2 weeks of hell were horrible anyone that says physical withdrawls only last 3-5 days are fulling themselves mental carving's last 6 weeks but the gym twice a,day every day took carvings away.. but as u know wen u come off opiates ur stanima in bed sucks and i didnt wanna disappoint and waste my night in the process.. i have no plan on taking anymore tonight or anytime in the future was just worried since i was a heavy user for 5 years just dont wanna go thru hell again. but im also not going to be a "boyscout" the rest of my life but does anyone know how many consecutive days in a row i would have to go to get the physical dependence bak..if i took like 60 mgs every friday night for fun and took 6 days off would i be ok? and would my tolerance stay low???'

Please refrain from using such fonts in the future. This makes it difficult to read.

You shouldnt feel any withdrawals at all actually. Glad to hear that youve been clean though, i know thats a difficult thing to go through. Just keep pushing past it.

I wouldnt advise trying to take opiates on a schedule, especially since you have been addicted before. Eventually, that schedule is not going to work, and you will most likely fall back into your addiction. It would take an insane (maybe even impossible for most people) amount of willpower for an ex-addict to keep that schedule. Just leave it in your past.

If you have willpower this is perfectly doable. It takes me about 4-5 days of consecutive use to begin to feel a slight anything. If you have control over yourself and aren't weak it is very doable. I recomend using no more than 2 days in a row then put the amount of days you used inbetween the next use. Like use for 2 days and put a minimum of 2 in between more like 4 days though before using again. Use only on the weekends or something, there is no use in getting addicted. This goes for heroin too it's all opiates.

Yes def do not make a schedule, if your not goin listen and still do it every once in a while , Friday's etc.. don't mark days, just go wit the flow and sustain ur self from doing it consecutively ...

but ya ^^ like justtakethat said, it would take let's say about 4-6 days consecutively since u were a addict before, it will take quicker for ppl like us then first time users (which can take up to 2weeks) but yeah u do that shit 4,5, especially 6 days ina row, u will get a tad sick maybe a lil more sick then tad, who knows...but nothing crazy, but still not worth it,

cuz then that tad sick will turn into I gotta use, especially cuz ur fresh in it with getting euphoria, mentally u will be weak. But if u can hold ur self from doing it consistently in consecutive days, then ur good, but good luck, I can't do it...