• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Withdrawal Dreams ~ What Was Yours?

Receptor Bound

Bluelighter
Even though sleep, especially the type of sleep that offers dreaming, is quite difficult during opiate withdrawal, it never fails that I dream of either using or obtaining my Drug Of Choice.

This is especially true when I've polished off my supply near bedtime and started to kick the habit sometime during my sleep.

Strangely enough, the dreams are very close to the real thing as far as the process I must take to get the substance - the individual(s) I am with, the vehicle we are in and even down to the details of path taken and the place we'd score (the ghetto). It's fucking strange!!! Hardest part, as you probably already know, is waking up to realize that you scored jackshit and on top of that, are in full opiate withdrawals! Woohoo [sarcasm] :! :p

So, my questions is: What is the craziest dream you've had regarding drugs while sleeping during withdrawal???

i wouldn't exactly call it a dream, but the other day after i smoked a boulder of crack i started folding into some sort of psychosis. while i was trying to sleep i kept thinking that i was lighting my pipe and taking a fat haul, and as soon as i could feel the rush, that same POW where it hits you like a ton of bricks it was more like POW and i'd open my eyes in my bed to find myself fiending.

i didn't get any sleep that night -_-

wow totally keyed out on the word "OPIATE" in the title. durr. >.>

I had a dream last night i was at the pharmacy and looked at my Roxicodone bottle and it said i had 4 refills on it, then i woke up W/D'ing with no pills till tonight.

I had a dream last night i was at the pharmacy and looked at my Roxicodone bottle and it said i had 4 refills on it, then i woke up W/D'ing with no pills till tonight.

Ick - I've suffered similiar and it sucks, each and every time.

I often dream that I've picked up a couple jabs of H and wake just to find myself in complete withdrawal.

R*B

I've had a recurring dream from time to time in the past where i would be able to score, the gear would always be like a huge rock and i'd need a fair bit of water to mix up a shot. I then draw it up in a massive barrel, roll up my sleeve and then pause.... I'm lining up the tip of the needle with my vein and it's the same every time.

the fucking needle is way bigger than my vein and i don't even attempt to stick that motherfucker in my arm. i wake up feeling gutted. also get wet dreams

^^ haha dammm

I used to get really randy and sometimes have sexual dreams.. sucks being horny and feeling like youve got the worst flu

Last nite i dreamt that i had a syringe and whenever i pulled back the plunger, the syringe would fill up full of brown, out of thin air. I would use this to shoot at monsters and other zombies/creatures while riding on something that seemed like a mechanical spider mobile. Had video game like feel to it; would climb over mounds of garbage with my steel spider legs, basically beasting shit and shooting brown heroin solution at whatever foe would show itself, sometimes huge things like an onyx (pokemon) looking creature coming out of a canyon wall. They would even have the red "lock on" square around the vulnerable parts that i was supposed to shoot at.
At the end of the dream i remember being like, "wait a sec.. i could shoot this and get super lit" and pulling back the plunger, watching it fill up to 100 units of dark brown, and then waking up. GRrrr
--The spider mech thing was awesome, i think it came from futurama where the omachronian ship has like spider legs b/c i watched it yesterday.
But i'd probably rather take the endless syringe.. kind of like the bag of peanuts that never runs out.

Last edited:
in my dreams my H or pills will always turn into some random shit like gummy bears right be4 i begin the CWE..Fuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost amusing to me how similar the "drug dreams" are to our real life attempts to get high. I used to be an avid user of poppy pod tea. There is no going out and scoring with this, my dealer used to mail it right to my doorstep :\

I remember my very first withdrawal from the shit, I was starting to realize why opiate withdrawals were considered so unpleasant. Didn't sleep a wink around the 48 hour mark and was feeling just awful. It must have been a day or two later when i finally got some sleep, and in my dreams there was a box of poppies.

The entire dream consisted of me trying to find a way to prepare some tea, but there were constant obstacles. Couldn't find a grinder/blender. Couldn't find water, a stove, a method to filer it, etc. When I woke up I was still kind of excited thinking that I had more opiates, then the realization hit that I was still sick as fuck. It's such a terrible feeling, I'm so glad to be off that crap.

I just had a dream a few nights ago, and you're right, they always happen when your stash is gone and you're going to wake up the next morning withdrawn with nothing. Well, I had a dream last week when I was in that very same situation where I was walking back to my car from the dope house and found 2 huge baggies on the ground, one filled with dimes of heroin, the other with nickels of crack. Now, I'm a heroin addict but smoke crack when it's offered to me. I got so excited, I couldn't wait to do that shit. I go somewhere where I could do it and then things kept going wrong, like for some reason I couldn't put the pieces together: I couldn't get the dope in the spoon, just couldn't get the process completed and I couldn't understand why. Then, as always, I wake up thinking I got a huge stash I can wake up to only to realize I'm totally dry and sicker than fuck with no money. It would be nice if I could at least get high in one of those dreams. It's like the dreams are more to signify the intense desire of the drug and its unobtainability at the same time because no matter what, you can never get the drug in your system and get high, there's always some illogical shit that prevents you from doing so. I really hate the feeling that drugs have irreparably destroyed my life. After getting hooked on this stupid bullshit, when I don't have it, I'm naturally depressed and almost always contemplate suicide, wondering if that would be an easier way to cope with the endless cycle of pain and suffering, because the pain far outweighs the pleasure but I feel helpless to stop going back. It's like now I don't care about my wonderful girlfriend or my awesomely supportive family, all I care about is myself and my fuckin drugs. It's like I'm watching my life fall apart around me for the 4th time and I'm helpless to do anything about it, because all I care about is maintaining my heroin habit. That's why I wonder if the world really would be better off without me around to fuck it up. I wish I never would have tried the shit in the first place, because the awesome times it's given me were not worth the pain and suffering that ensued from it.

I really don't see this as TDS material to be honest so im going to send it over to basic drug discussion. Mods feel free to move it back or whatever if you want to.

Wasn't withdrawing, but was craving a nice opiate high I believe.

I went to my first day of a pre-nursing college class and once everyone sat down, prof locks the door and starts handing out syringes to everyone. He says, "Today we are going to learn how to use a syringe--on ourselves". Then he handed out cottons, spoons and a box of matches to everyone. Then he put small piece of H in everyone's spoon and led us in shooting up.

Every single class we would do the same thing, with increasing doses. The class went on for weeks (i'm assuming) b/c everyone became dependent on it. Then, just as we had been going to class like any other day, a paper was taped to the door and read, "This class has been permanently cancelled".... FUCK.

I remember being in a dream back at the street outside my old school back in CA (now in CO, but a good percentage of my dreams take place at my school or the streets around it or my old house) driving around with my best friend (from CO) in his car and I was preparing a nice fat shot of Dilaudid as we drove away from it.

As I was mixing the shot (in a chapstick cap, that's what i use to mix it), I was about to draw it up in the syringe but somehow I got distracted and I don't remember all the details after that but I remember going somewhere with the liquid still in the cap then getting caught and they took me in and then showed me a table of like 10 pills and was like which one is dilaudid, and somehow I managed to get the real dilaudid off of the table (i thought it was mine kind of) and my answer to them was the wrong one.

And all the while I kept this cap of dilaudid liquid in my pocket. I walk out of the place (idk if i got a ticket or not, it didnt matter its a dream) and I still have the shit plus what I took but when I walk out I'm out on the area facing big ass playground/asphault area of my old school near the lunch area. And I'm facing a long walk to the other side to exit and walk home. So I make the walk and fucking..... I never got back to my needles before I woke up. ):

And I woke up feening...

I just had a dream a few nights ago, and you're right, they always happen when your stash is gone and you're going to wake up the next morning withdrawn with nothing. Well, I had a dream last week when I was in that very same situation where I was walking back to my car from the dope house and found 2 huge baggies on the ground, one filled with dimes of heroin, the other with nickels of crack. Now, I'm a heroin addict but smoke crack when it's offered to me. I got so excited, I couldn't wait to do that shit. I go somewhere where I could do it and then things kept going wrong, like for some reason I couldn't put the pieces together: I couldn't get the dope in the spoon, just couldn't get the process completed and I couldn't understand why. Then, as always, I wake up thinking I got a huge stash I can wake up to only to realize I'm totally dry and sicker than fuck with no money. It would be nice if I could at least get high in one of those dreams. It's like the dreams are more to signify the intense desire of the drug and its unobtainability at the same time because no matter what, you can never get the drug in your system and get high, there's always some illogical shit that prevents you from doing so. I really hate the feeling that drugs have irreparably destroyed my life. After getting hooked on this stupid bullshit, when I don't have it, I'm naturally depressed and almost always contemplate suicide, wondering if that would be an easier way to cope with the endless cycle of pain and suffering, because the pain far outweighs the pleasure but I feel helpless to stop going back. It's like now I don't care about my wonderful girlfriend or my awesomely supportive family, all I care about is myself and my fuckin drugs. It's like I'm watching my life fall apart around me for the 4th time and I'm helpless to do anything about it, because all I care about is maintaining my heroin habit. That's why I wonder if the world really would be better off without me around to fuck it up. I wish I never would have tried the shit in the first place, because the awesome times it's given me were not worth the pain and suffering that ensued from it.

Don't be so down on yourself bro..I know exactly how u feel. If it makes u feel any better, there are things out there MUCH MORE fucked up going on in the world and just always make sure to remind yourself that it could always be worst. I am going through the same thing and have been going through it for around 4 years now. Just keep your head up and if u continue to be on opiates, remember to wake up ready to battle a lion per day (brazilian saying). It aint easy...

Don't be so down on yourself bro..I know exactly how u feel. If it makes u feel any better, there are things out there MUCH MORE fucked up going on in the world and just always make sure to remind yourself that it could always be worst. I am going through the same thing and have been going through it for around 4 years now. Just keep your head up and if u continue to be on opiates, remember to wake up ready to battle a lion per day (brazilian saying). It aint easy...but it aint so bad either. We're a privileged bunch in a way, since we know exactly what it feels like to kiss god in the face every day by administering a shot of joy into our bloodstream. Take care now.

I have INSANE dreams during opiate withdrawals, I honestly can't remember any of them right now other then tiny pieces of one. It was like I had somehow found myself in a room with all the people from back in my elementary school days and they were all stoners and stuff now. I don't remember much more then that but it was INSANE.

I've also had dreams before during withdrawals where I was having a conversation with a friend and I woke up and had thought it actually happened and mentioned part of our dream convo to them and they were like "what in the hell are you talking about?!"

I've had a million of these. Mine aren't usually very realistic though. I once dreamed that I dug up a cache of percocet in the woods in my backyard though lol.

Looks as though ill be having one of them dreams tonight as I haven't been able to score SHIT. My dude has nothing til the AM and my girl got ripped off by a dude who has gotten us shit before. So instead of piling bad decisions on top of bad decisions, I rather take a piece of xanax and sleep on this miserably suicidal fucking night in south FLoriFUCKINGda. God I wish I lived in Cambodia, or pakistan or fuck it, Afghanistan even! Sweet n sweaty dreams to me. God I don't wish this upon my worst enemy...