• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate/opiod general thread

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
Hey guys. I did do a few searches but can't really find what im looking for. Like we have megathreads for this or that but not really one for opiates/opiods in general, not talking like the H thread or tramadol megahreads but a thread that covers most questions when it comes to any drugs or meds that falls under this headline. I place where you can ask all if not most questions about this drug/med.

Like making up a list of them and giving bioavailibilty, onset time,peak time, half life or maybe the time needed to wait to switch over to methadone or subutex if you been on the one or the other.

I'm willing to make a list of them and put most of that info in and if anyone with more knowledge that wants to help or gives more input will be welcome.

So what do you guys think, is it worth it ( to me it will help a lot ) and can we look into this or is it not worth it?

Regards
CoffeeShroom

Opioids are so very different in character and purpose that a mega thread on the topic would be all over the place. I mean we have heroin, to poppy seed tea, to buprenorphine to methadone to kratom, tramadol etc. They are so different and with tremendously different applications that they pretty much deserve their own heroin*, or methadone or kratom megathread. For instance what applies to a kratom user has no bearing on someone on methadone maintenance so it's rather hard to lump them all together in a mega thread.

*note i meant to say here "deserve their own megathread" instead of "deserve their own heroin" but when i realized my mistake and went back to correct i found my Freudian slip so amusing i decided to put a footnote rather than to revise it. And i haven't even had heroin in perhaps 7 years.

Last edited:
okay but are we always gonna have a new thread asking how long to wait to use subutex after last oxy dose or last heroin dose or last hydromorphone dose or last codiene dose, casuse i always wonder how long to wait for each med, cause they all can't be the same. Think you get where im going, like i said it will be a general asking thread but if you see no value, then thats one down.

I imagine the appropriate time to wait for taking subs is highly variable on tolerance, length of use, personal chemistry, etc. as well as the specific opiate being used and is kind of hard to pin down. Some of these things need to be evaluated on a case by case basis. I'm not saying we absolutely shouldn't have an opiate mega thread but I just wanted to make that point.