• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Opiate addicts.... How do you feel about dilauded hydromorphone?

somnilicious

Bluelighter
I'm curious to hear people's opinions on dilauded. A lot of addicts love it and speak about it as if it is the Holy grail but I get next to nothing from injecting a full 8 and think it's absolute garbage. I have never gotten a high from it. At most if I shoot an 8mg I'll get a brief warm flush for a moment then it's gone. I can shoot another 8mg right after that with even less warm flush and no discernible high. What is it people like about them?

Wow, that's crazy. I have never done it, but I hear the rush from IV is godly, as good or better than heroin, but no legs. That's what I generally hear, but I have no experience.

Wow, that's crazy. I have never done it, but I hear the rush from IV is godly, as good or better than heroin, but no legs. That's what I generally hear, but I have no experience.

Yeah.... I don't know why I don't get anything from dilauded. I guess I just have a high tolerance and I no longer get a rush from IV opiates(actually quit for the most part years ago) and that is mostly why dilauded is coveted.

It's good but I when I was using using opiates I much preferred heroin. Hydromorphone does have a very strong rush, stronger than heroin but the nature of the rush is different and less enjoyable than heroin to me. There was something about hydromorphone I found unpleasant. If I was out of heroin, it would be a good substitute but if I had heroin, there was no question about which one I was going to use.

Shooting a whole 8 should give you a strong rush though unless you have a high opiate tolerance.

ATTENTION! I HAVE A SERIOUS TOLERANCE. DO NOT COPY MY DOSE!!! Yep, great rush, shorter duration than H. I so far always seem to error on the side of caution and end up wishing I'd just slammed 12 or 16. I think I banged 8 last time, missed the vein somewhat, so didn't get a great rush, but was high as shit for a few hours after that.

hydromorphone is my favorite. prefer it over both opana and pre-fent heroin. i put it in my butt.

Tolerance. If you have a good tolerance you could need 3-4x that

It used to take about 24mg to get me off. It is a high unequaled in quality and quantity. It is the crack of opiates. Over in minutes but oh so worth it.

I have always loved them. I think they are strong and I have a semi high tolerance to pain pills. If j take too much they make me nod out.

Never tried it but damn I've always wanted to. Also the same deal with Oxymorphone. That one in particular sounds nicer just because of the duration. I hardly ever IV so might be a good thing that I've never had it cause I would wreck my body.

Oxymorphone sounds godly, I haven't tried hydro- or oxymorphone, but I always wanted to try oxymorphone in particular.

Never one for opiates/oids.
However, I do have a number of experiences over the years with a couple different opis, a few of those were with Hydromorphone (aka dilaudid), mind they were always orally.

One particular instance is worth sharing imo .. though admittedly not necessarily applicable to the thread (as I never particularly enjoyed the experience).

It was 2000 something, maybe 2 or 3. Mom was battling cancer and
I’d just been busted for servicing the community (aka dealing psychedelics... lol)... and I was feeling like a c@nt for causing more stress for the family during such a difficult time.

Anyways, Mom was in the hospital and my Dad and brother were off at some sort of sporting event. With the weekend to myself and feeling depressed I decided to eat some of her Hydromorphone. It was my first recreational experience with opis (my only other experiences were with T3s from dental work.)

Mom had quite the stash and in talks with her she said it wasn’t helping the pain and she had spoken to the dr about changing her scripts. So I justified raiding her medicine cabinet knowing she had no intention of using it... def not my proudest moment.

Anyways, everyone’s gone and I dig in. I mean I had a community service meeting the next day but I figured I’d be good by then, it was at 11. Having no tolerance I started with an 8mg. I can’t recall how long I waited but not feeling that euphoric rush, which I’d read in reports (thanks erowid lol), I decided to redose another 8.

Idk what I was expecting but I didn’t get it. So another redose....Now it’s nearly 20 years since this experience so I honestly can’t recall the number of times I redosed that day/evening but it was easily >5x8mg orally and there were a few intranasal doses on top of those too.. thankfully it was spread out

So I obviously passed out at some point and awoke much later than normal the next day. A quick shower and brushing of my teeth was all I had time for before I had to walk to my meeting. Needless to say it didn’t help — I looked like shite. I felt like it too.

It was only a 10 min walk but fack me it seemed to take forever as I was oh so nauseous. I don’t think I was half way before I spewed. And there was a few more times before I made it too.

I tried to be amicable with the receptionist but I doubt that a button up shirt hid what was written all over my face - I mean these people saw “my type” every day. I recall shaking in the waiting room, sweating, just praying id keep from spewing on their carpet (lol).

So I manage to avoid barfing during my meeting. Just agreeing with whatever was said so I could gtfo. My walk home echoed the one there - I was sick numerous times.

I spent the rest of the day laying around being sick periodically. Hardly keeping water down, never mind eating. Confiding my poor choice in a friend she stopped by to check on me before an early bed time.

I was better the next day. And it was years before I’d take another opi recreationally.

TLDR- not an opioid addict but having tried Hydromorphone a few times, orally, it never produced the rush I’d read/heard so much about. And don’t be so reckless as to constantly stack redoses. Titrate slowly if you plan to experiment.

Last edited:
I tried it in the middle of an alfa methyl fentanyl addiction and felt zero effects from 16 mg

I love hydromorphone! Haven't done any in a number of years but I prefer the rush over heroin for sure. I used to shoot 4-8 mg and that would get me pretty good, usually on the higher end. The dope up in the bay was generally pretty shitty compared to what I was used to, so I started buying dillies and even with the shorter legs it was probably cheaper than doing heroin. I love the way they cook up so easy, like it was meant to shoot. The term "crack of opiates" is extremely appropriate.

Damn.... All you junkies with love for hydromorphone are making me feel bad. I honestly thought it was way over hyped but to hear everyone talk about it??? Even when sick and unable to score I wouldn't pay the going price for Dilaudid. It's legit not worth my time.

It's not pricing because I don't get Dilaudid's for this price but id put hydromorphone at about $10 per 8mg pill in value.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me I’ve been weening off morphine sulfate now going on buprenorphine- naloxon 2 mg cut in half twice a day. Will it help with pain & withdrawal? Will I feel good? Meaning ok no pain no withdrawel

Can anyone tell me I’ve been weening off morphine sulfate now going on buprenorphine- naloxon 2 mg cut in half twice a day. Will it help with pain & withdrawal? Will I feel good? Meaning ok no pain no withdrawel

It will definitely help with withdrawal and it might blunt your pain but not as much as morphine.

You're a greenlighted till you reach 50 posts, then you reach blue lighter status and don't have to wait in-between PMs and will have full access to the forum features.

i was addicted to hydromorphone for years. never liked the most of the dilaudid pills or dillies as we called them but i did like the white triangle 8's. i never searched them out unless i had to. the real holy grail was hydromorphs. the beads seemed unbeatable but once your crushed em maaaaan did they have some punch no matter how you administered them. after a few years they were worth big bucks! until fent came in. seems like everyone forgot about hydros

It's awesome, like better than oxy for sure. More of a well roundes complete high if that makes any sense. Down side is eating them is low BA so people inject, I don't use needles so I just ate them, suppose boofing would work. They just have a great high, but they're impossible to find or get and route of administration. These clandestine labs one should produce hydromorphone or another "pharm" drug everyone wants. Instead of making fake xanax with fent and adderall with meth just make the real thing, give the people what they want, nobody wants fentanyl cocaine, keep it 100 that would only make sense but I digress. Maybe Oregon at this pace will have drug vending machines by 2028 haha. Or maybe we will all be sober because of some new pill or invention that's like suboxone^8 but for all drugs and you only take it once 😂

Damn.... All you junkies with love for hydromorphone are making me feel bad. I honestly thought it was way over hyped but to hear everyone talk about it??? Even when sick and unable to score I wouldn't pay the going price for Dilaudid. It's legit not worth my time.

It's not pricing because I don't get Dilaudid's for this price but id put hydromorphone at about $10 per 8mg pill in value.
6mg caps of the hydro beads went for 12 bucks lowest i found em where i was from when i was using em