Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

One of us is getting very very boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Now is it me or is it Bluelight Oz social??

Lets take a look at the incredible variety of stimulating threads available and what I can contribute to them.

I tried posting in the off topic thread but realised I just couldnt do it as i just couldnt stay on topic and thats not right.

A word association thread is really more suited to the lounge........its just spam.

I dont own a cat so I cant share its name with you.

I have only ever had about 8 mins and 37 seconds worth of fame so i cant do much there.

Im never up late so the late night thread is always rather dark by the time I get to it.

I dont really hate anything.........hate is such a strong word.

I did try making associations with pictures but figured I needed to be on some mind altering substances to see most of the associations.

I did enjoy winging it........hell Im doing it now........so I suspect this thread will be merged with it.........and I will recieve the obligatry PM advising me of same.........ha and probably told Im a FOOL along the way.

Im not listening to any music........maybe I should start a thread titled The Official Bluelight thread of music your NOT listening to at the moment........that might get some response aye.

I cant appreciate the appreciation of appreciation thread.........its closed.

I dont really care where Muzby is off to next............although maybe I should start one of my own.........including of course a few appreciations and officials along the way.

I dont own a dog so i got no pictures...............although I could post some pics of ex dogs, hell i have known a few over the years.........not that i would say i owned them........that is so not me.

I already know that looking for a house sucks..........build a bridge and live under that.

If I wanted to buy a backpack i would probably visit Paddy Pallin not BL oz social.......

Neither do i have any dimples nor do i appreciate them.

Raves, i have to ask...........Yes I do..........enough said.

Yes Im single...........But Im justified so there.

I currently have absolutely no love in my life so any mention of love threads can get knotted.

Valentines day sucks ass.

and the rest..........well you get the idea...........

Guess i will just have to hang arround the old jaded fuck thread and hope that im appreciated..........which is highly unlikely.............More of my life is spent being used and abused rather than appreciated.

Bottom line............what the hell has happenned to our beautiful oz social?????

lol That made me laugh for the first time today :)

perhaps an Official Bluelight What Would You Like To Be Listening To Now thread could be apt for the people in offices not able to listen to music.

or the deaf

Maybe you should try to think of something a little more exciting then.

;)

hehe Now watch the 'older' Bluelighters flock to this thread and say something like, 'ahhh yes. The bluelight circle - it's about time for another thread like this' and then sit back with a smug smile because they're so like... old school and shit.

Seriously though, just do what I do - only come online when you're really drunk and then just act all bitter and rude and forget what you posted in the morning. It's working for me. ;)

Aus social, like any internet forum, reflects the attitude and styles of it's moderators. The current moderators seem to give a bit more leeway in terms of what you can get away with here. witness the mindless 1 sentence replies you get in 99% of the replies. Half the shit in aus social should either be taken to irc / irq / msn in my opinon. However, I am not a mod and neither are you so unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it. Yes, some bright spark will reply and say that we should create our own interesting threads if we think that the quality should improve but in reality, 1 or 2 quality threads won't help the general complexion of aus social. Too much sound / noise ratio I'm afraid.

So yeah, basically, go out and smell the roses cause there's not much here at the moment.

I can see your point MazDan. However, have you ever looked in American social? Yes, now you love Aus Social again don't you? 8(

Feel free to start a new thread about something you'd like to talk about.

I feel like naming names here - like a death list of people who write one sentence posts and only in reply to one of their internet friends. Maybe I'll come back later tonight when I'm drunk.

Or maybe I don't really need to because it's obvious who are the culprits.

I think it's hard for the mods to actually alter the way people respond in threads I just wish people would think more carefully before they post. Either that or you should only be allowed to make maximum 20 posts a day because then people would think more carefully before posting inane shit.

edit: I say 'really' way too much. I felt the need to delete a few.

Last edited:
up all night said:
just do what I do - only come online when you're really drunk and then just act all bitter and rude and forget what you posted in the morning. It's working for me. ;)

hmmmmm, Now thats a thought.

Oh and NEZO........props for the inspiration.

On second thought, I think I have more to say on this. I think a lot of the threads are boring as well. But I either ignore those or stay just as boring as them. But there are more interesting ones around if you try to find them.

I think though that some of the more boring ones are necessary. There are a lot of new to bluelight people who need somewhere to post to get to feel comfortable. I'm one of them. Don't know any bluelighters in the flesh, so can't contribute to huge personal inside jokes, and coming out and saying tons of really cool, interesting stuff is difficult when you don't know people well. Some of the more mindless threads are a good way to start feeling part of the group.

That being said, I would like more exciting stuff as well, but I'm too boring to think of anything -- I have to get my kicks vicariously -- so while my initial call to start a new thread may have sounded facetious, there was a real call to action there as well. :)

up all night said:
'ahhh yes. The bluelight circle - it's about time for another thread like this'

=D

Aus Social from day one has been a haven for written diarrhea, its tolerable level has always been dependant on whether you are part of the "in clique" of the time.

I've seen many cliques come and go, just as the current one will die its death and be replaced by a new batch.

Look back and I'm sure you'll see yourself at some point adding to the pile.

Originally posted by nezo
Half the shit in aus social should either be taken to irc / irq / msn in my opinon. However, I am not a mod and neither are you so unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it.

I share your opinion, and I am a mod, and there's still nothing I can do about it because of the mass hysteria of the idiots who think they're being "silenced", because for some reason they can only communicate with their real-life friends on a messageboard, and not on the phone or even MSN.

I get tired of defending my decisions to close or merge threads, even though I don't doubt those decisions, to people who couldn't care less about the quality of the conversation and discussion here and would rather just make in-jokes that no one cares about and then get angry when people who aren't in on it respond to them. Then get angry again when those posts are edited. Then make posts about how they're so hard done by and they should be able to post whatever they like freedom of speech blah blah blah.

8)

up all night said:
Seriously though, just do what I do - only come online when you're really drunk and then just act all bitter and rude and forget what you posted in the morning. It's working for me. ;)

TESTIFY!

its like she's known me my whole life! 8o

anna! said:

I share your opinion, and I am a mod, and there's still nothing I can do about it because of the mass hysteria of the idiots who think they're being "silenced", because for some reason they can only communicate with their real-life friends on a messageboard, and not on the phone or even MSN.

I get tired of defending my decisions to close or merge threads, even though I don't doubt those decisions, to people who couldn't care less about the quality of the conversation and discussion here and would rather just make in-jokes that no one cares about and then get angry when people who aren't in on it respond to them. Then get angry again when those posts are edited. Then make posts about how they're so hard done by and they should be able to post whatever they like freedom of speech blah blah blah.

8)

Nice post

^Was that really necessary? your useless postwhoring is part of the problem.

I hardly feel that Anna (or anyone else for that matter) needs your validation of what a "nice post" is.

You'd be surprised how much validation I really do require ;)

I can't tell when anyone is being sarcastic and not anymore anyway.

I haven't been drunk in a while and lately my drunken postings have been because I've left my PC logged in and either Pop Popavich, muzby or KemicalBurn have jumped on and ravaged my account.

I might get some goon today, though!

Please can I ask that this thread NOT become one for free shots at the Mods.

I seriously cant blame them.......they have a set of rules to follow along with a goodly ammount of common sense and are just doing there jobs.

Its NOT there fault.

Thanks.

Maybe what we need is to all put some serious thought into some high quality serious discussion threads.

Honestly one of the things that attracts me to this place is the extremely high intelligence levels of the majority of posters and thus I enjoy reading there points of view.

Believe it or not but, being an open minded person........they have an influence on my thinking.

And I guess maybe others as well.

Cheers big ears.

MazDan said:
Maybe what we need is to all put some serious thought into some high quality serious discussion threads.

I dont believe thats correct...there has to a balance. nobody is serious all the time and looking at the front page of Aus social, the forum seems to be reflecting that.

Alot of us here use the internet as an escape from the seriousness of our lives.

there are some serious discussions that you could partake in, theres also light-hearted threads that can take your mind off things.

why does Aus social have to be a reflection of what you want it to be?

Those who cant, criticize.

There's a big difference though between "light-hearted threads" and "mind-numbing crap".

For instance, the Neighbours thread is light-hearted. The word association thread is bullshit.

I for one would love to see some more intelligent conversation here. There's no reason that there can't be, this forum has changed significantly with the latest intake of "newbies" - in the past it has been a great spot for talking about things that aren't drug-related but do invoke some serious thought in people.

I do think a lot of it has to do with the fact that a lot of them know each other in real life and seem to be unsatisfied unless every other person on the forum knows how popular they are. That really, really irritates me (hence the lockdown on the picture thread).

While i agree with you on the word association (why was that archived btw?) i think Neighbours is "mind numbing"...so i keep myself out of there ;)

But like i said, instead of making this thread MazDan, you couldve tried to make a thread that could incorporate the sort of discussion you're after.

Bitching about the problem wont fix it :\ (not that i feel theres a huge problem in here...you want to see forums that have really gone downhill? go look at DC or T&A.

Aus social is in no real danger of this happening cause there are 3 mods who keep the forum headed in a general direction that they feel is appropiate...there may be slight variances in quality (which of course is in the eye of the beholder)...

but try being a contributor to one of the now un-modded forums :( DB is starting to get better again now it has mods again...but, yeah :\

Status
Not open for further replies.