• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids One last question about plugging...

FunctionlJnkieGal

Bluelighter
How long should I use the syringe before I discard it and get a new one? I've been cleaning it with hot water after each use and I've had it for about a week now. I was thinking 1 week (tops), but what do you guys think?

Can't say I know anything about plugging, but if you really want something cleaned, hot water, soap, and a rinse with some sort of alcohol should completely sterilize it.

If you're cleaning it properly then you can re-use it as much as you want to within reason. As long as the rubber plunger isn't breaking down it should be fine for ages. It's needle tipped syringes that should be discarded (in a secure sharps container) after each use.

yeah as long as its not damaged and youre thoroughly cleaning it with antibacterial soap each time its good to go.

^ You're most welcome. Instead of "cheers" when drinking booze, it's not uncommon to replace "Here's cheers", we'll often say "up ya bum" when raising a glass for a drink....seems appropriate here lol.

I usually use my syringe until I have rubbed off the mL markings. But if you are just using the syringe as an ROA rather than a method of volumetric dosing, then as long as the syringe is clean, it can be used. I would keep using it until I could no longer, or if it stopped being able to be cleaned.

MrPitt, I was just wondering, is your username a Seinfeld reference (Elaine's boss)? If so, that's awesome! I remember his character once mentioned being addicted to opiates in the episode where Elaine wouldn't stop eating poppy seed muffins and it caused her to fail a drug test. I'm surprised anyone remembers that show these days. Good to see some people still have good taste in TV shows. :)

No but I do love Ian Abercrombie's character in that show. That is a funny episode though. I haven't seen that show in years.

Yeah the 90's were great. MDMA was incredible back then!

MDMA is one drug I have never tried. I hear there's no way to tell what all is in it. I almost tried it once back in my highschool days, but the guy who was gonna bring it to me got caught with it. Is it true that there's some H based X in existence? Or is that just a myth? Unless it was pure MDMA or heroin based, I don't think I'd want to try it. I really never cared for uppers. I get more than enough stimulation from a cup of coffee and my insomnia is bad enough without speedy drugs. :\