• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

One cannabis joint as bad as five cigarettes: study

bingalpaws said:
You're downplaying the lung damage so badly it's not even funny.

i just call it like i see it. if you have facts to prove otherwise(from a non-propaganda source) lets see it. there are NO links between any lung disease and smoking marijuana. NONE! prove me wrong PLEASE!

bingalpaws said:
Nevermind the fact that you go on to support that based upon your having smoked 10 years and feel fine - that's piss poor reasoning.

my support isn't based on me. i'm just an example of many and that's far from piss poor. you see tobacco smokers all the time in the hospital and/or coughing their lungs out. the same can't be said for cannabis smokers. like i said...prove me wrong.

Dude just my personal experiences and those of my friends differ with yours. I'm not gonna pull studies to prove you wrong, this has already been covered and well established on this very site. If the data wasn't already here, then maybe I'd *consider* getting evidence, but I don't think evidence is needed to prove that smoking tons and tons of burnt plant matter is 'very minimal'. With a statement like that, the burden of proof is on your shoulders. Otherwise I'm quite comfortable just stating that you are wrong and don't feel I need to back myself up. (just remember, i'm NOT saying pot is *worse* than tobacco, as I've said before these studies come out every other day showing one is worse than the other. But the bottom line is that, regardless of which plant you're burning and filtering with your lungs, you do that way too much, and it's bad for your lungs. It's a pretty basic concept bro)

(also about pulling studies, we all know that methodology flaw, biases, etc kill the validity of these studies, so even if I spent time finding studies, verifying they looked as legit as possible, I can already see we'd be sitting here arguing over whose study has greater credibility. It wouldn't end. Unless you provide evidence to back such a radical statement as "yeah there might be damage from heavy smoking but it is VERY minimal", I think the concensus is enough to say you're wrong, w/o me having to find studies.)

But the damage isn't small dude. I have friends up north (just moved south kinda recently) who smoked tons of pot, but weren't cigarette smokers. When it came to coughing, phlegm, pathetic endurance, they may as well have been cigarette smokers. So I'm just saying the anecdotal expereinces I've witnessed don't match what you're saying, and I think most studies put them close enough to each other. You'd be very, very hard pressed to find a remotely legit study saying smoking LOTS of pot isn't too bad for your lungs.

sony123 said:
"The effect on the lungs of each joint was equivalent to smoking between 2.5 and five cigarettes in one go."

The British government is considering whether cannabis should be reclassified as a more serious drug because of the dangers associated with stronger strains.

in consecutive sentences the author provides a solution to the entire article and doesn't even realize it