• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

On Being Yourself

I've found that if I mostly associate with people I want to be around (including finding a job that I enjoy), then I can simply be myself all of the time.

I do still adjust my behavior a little bit in some cases. I don't curse as much around some people as I do others, and I know that it's best to avoid discussing politics with certain people. Still, I'm basically the same person.

I'm too old to care what others think of me. Besides, the folks who matter don't mind and the folks who mind don't matter.

I really like that. Because there are 1000 cookie cutter humans out there but there is only one Linaptk 6.

...wait, does the number six appended to your name imply that there are five more of you? Am I misreading this? Am I doing social media wrong again? I'm doing it wrong. I think I'm messing this up.

Don't change, Bro!
I am legion.
There is no one facet to who I am (or anyone else IMO) at any given time. I call whoever is needed in any given situation.
I will remain so.
Peace

COVID made me see how weak this world is.
200w.gif

The same "God" you believe in would have brought SARS-COV2 upon the Planet ;)

I don't know why but I somehow got the idea into my head that I wanted to be the same person inside of work as outside of work about ten years ago. Basically, I wanted to adapt who I was so that I could be the same person all of the time. I think somewhere in there was a feeling that I as someone who is fairly sincere was better than fake people.

I would like to be the first to admit that this experiment was a failure. It finally hit me last night when I was meditating and I realised that when I have kids I'm definitely going to be someone different around a tiny helpless admiring dependant than I am around the lads at someplace like a biker bar.

So probably there are going to be several versions of me.

When faced with challenges like this in the past, accepting that we live are psychonaughts living in an unkind nicotine society, I've found it easier to make progress by making sort of a game of it.

We're post-COVID at this point. We're living in a social media dystopia. People are wound up and vindictive. Is the point of the game to just say what you have to, to normies to just get through most situations? Is this the best way to do it? Perhaps there's no point in opening up at all to someone who isn't going to sit down for a few beers with me to talk about life. Any guidance would be welcome. It's a bunch of savages out there.

Who shall I be today...?

No, you were right and I was wrong. You have to be you. I tried to do everything else but only Jesus can lead us forward. You were right. How my wickedness prevented me from seeing it!

I have wronged, and I want all of my brothers and sisters to see it. I need to get on the right path.