• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Old Codeine Acetaminophen Pills Are Light Brown, is ok continue cold water extract?

cbm2019

Greenlighter
I've done cold water extract lots of times before, but the codeine pills my grandfather had are lightly brown.

I've started the process, white powder is falling to the bottom (the AP) but the liquid above which is normally clear to mirky white is mirky light brown.

Is this safe to take? Any thoughts?

I've read on multiple reputable sources that codeine retains roughly 90% efficacy even after 2 decades. These pills are 18 years old. So i'm just concerned about the brown.

please advise if you have thoughts!! thank youunnamed.jpg

How strange, Were the pills brown to begin? Like before you dissolved? I don’t think we can really tell you if it’s safe, but if you’re still pulling out a good lump of apap after filtering then it’s probably safe

the pills were normal white, but looking at the brown liquid I got after filtering, I could just not have piece of mind if I took it so I dumped it. Not worth a 80-100mW codeine high for risk of who knows (could have been totally fine) but not worth the risk to me this point in my life, plus i'm not hooked on opioids for 2 years.

thanks for the input tho!!!!!!!!

safety first y'all.

the pills were normal white, but looking at the brown liquid I got after filtering, I could just not have piece of mind if I took it so I dumped it. Not worth a 80-100mW codeine high for risk of who knows (could have been totally fine) but not worth the risk to me this point in my life, plus i'm not hooked on opioids for 2 years.

thanks for the input tho!!!!!!!!

safety first y'all.
Yeah good choice man!