Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

OK, here's a new one... let's talk about age for a sec

Snuggleupagus

Bluelighter
Folks,
I just got into the X scene this year at the ripe old age of 33. I love Trance, and have started collecting the entire Trance Nation series, Paul Oakenfold, etc. I absolutely love it - my friends (also my age) have introduced me to this wonderful world.
However, I want to make sure that age isn't a factor in getting to know other ravers/rollers. I'm almost afraid to go to a public rave, thinking that the younger folks there will thing I'm a **** or something (which I absoLUTEly am not).
So tell me - what's the deal on age for you folks, and how do you accept those who love what you love, but are in their 30's (or higher)?
let me know!
------------------
Roll safe, roll hard, and love each other.
Snuggleupagus

dude dont worry about it! im 17 and i have friends who roll from ages 14-like 40 something (hehehe old-roller, he's the man)...basically any true roller or raver wont care about age, it is just a number, and will treat you with the same respect they give anyone else! rememeber, we're all here to support each other and make sure everyone is having a good time! relax! rave! chill! enjoy the scene or party ur at!

As an older raver myself, I can say from personal experience that the rave experience is unlike anything that you can imagine. Provided that you pick the right parties, you will find that the rave community is probably the most inclusive bunch on the planet. Having never been to a rave, you might at first feel a little uncomfortable, but feed off of the vibe and in no time you will feel right at home. Don't forget that you also have wisdom and maturity that can add to the vibe. It's really all about the celebration of life through music, friendship, and dance. Together we form the rave collective.
And as far as the n word is concerned, you may have a point. Don't expect people to sell to you at first. Bring your shit with you. After a few parties, you will make friends and it'll all work out in the end.
Hope to see you out buddy!

There are always a few "older" people at all the raves i go to and to tell you the truth they dont bother or scare me( hehe) if they act....plur =) i mean if there is a 40 yr old guy stalking around i am gonna get a little scared. Just be yourself have fun and bring lollys!

Heh. Some of our coolest BLers are +30.
smile.gif
Welcome aboard!
~*~ Ashke ~*~

HEY mad we got some older people part-e'n!!! Nice to know that u still havin' fun!!! hehehe.. i'm 16 and juz as long as ur a nice person and LOOOVE playin' at raves then ur my bud!!!
wink.gif

P.L.U.R

Man, I gotta show this to some friends of mine. I got a bud who's 30-something and shying away from E because he feels that he's "too old to experiment." Personally, I'm only 19 and I believe you're never too old to try something new.
I'll hook him up to here so he can see that there's a lot more older E users than he believes. E, like any other drug, is not a drug that's exclusively for young people! I just hope more older people get that message, cuz it's a real bummer to to see people lose their sense of youth when they pass their 20s.

I am 25 and just got into the rolling scene this year and I love it! My rolling family ranges from 16- 31 and they are all great! The club i usually roll at has people ranging from 16- 40- ?? I actually don't know how lod they get to be, but I know that I just love being there and feel soooo included! I have never been to a rave or party or anything yet... supposed to go to my first rave this weekend, but got sick and don't know if we will end up going on not now!
frown.gif
frown.gif

Just have fun and enjoy yourself!!
Happy Rolling!
Angie

Dude dont sweat it.I think alot of the older ravers dont come out because they dont think they will be accepted.Well at boarder beats about a month ago there were 3 older people there.One early 30's the other 2 looked to be in the early 40's.When I first saw them they were trying to learn how to dance.I went over and started talking to them and next thing I know I had a line behind me to give them blow ups.They said that had been there best roll ever.Trust me if you go out in public you will be just as welcomed as any other person on the scene.
lates,
~Liquid
P.S. I'm 19 so its not like I related to them on age.
------------------
AIM: I love MDMA420
Welcome to a place where fantasy's come true.....welcome to esctasy.

People who use "E", who are in thier 20's on up I actually like alot more than the little kids I see using the drug. Come on people. Kids that are 14 using hard drugs? And you actually accept seeing something like that?!?! Either you people are sick or society just is.
<end transmission>
------------------
Just Plain
WERD!

There is ALOT of luuuuuv in this room - can you feel it? I can. ;-)
Thanks folks, you've restored my faith in the human condition. If any of you folks are ever in the Atlanta area - give me a shout!
In the meantime, I'll start digging through posts and sites to figure out where the local raves are. Hopefully I can hookup with some rollers who know where to go.
Thanks again, PLUR has meaning to me now!
------------------
Roll safe, roll hard, and love each other.
Snuggleupagus

hi everyone. this is my first time posting here. this topic just struck a cord with me. i have recently turned 30 and and i still go to parties, i'm afraid i'm never going to stop, i just can't seem to get enough. i have been raving since 1994. however, i stopped for about 2.5 years because i'm dating this guy that hates it and says i'm too old. ok, WHATEVER. now i go without him knowing. shhhhh. this year i have recently started going to parties again and god have i missed it. anyways the point is that your never too old to rave. i love everything about it. the music is so amazing that it feels as if it goes right through your soul, especially in that environment. noone looks at me weird when i'm there and i thought they would at first. but then again i look about 22 or 23, the guys that hit on me are usually between the ages of 16 and 25, so that's something to look forward to if nothing else, am i right? so if you have never been, go and have the time of your life. just try not to focus so much on what everyone else is doing and enjoy your experience instead. it can be a little overwhelming at first. i have taken people that were so caught up in evertyhing around them they didn't enjoy themselves. just relax, and enjoy.

You know what brutha, you shouldn't even sweat it. I just turned 30 and have been raving for about a year and I am loving every minute of it. I roll out with my family and just have a blast at the clubs and raves. It really doesn't matter what age you are as long as you have the PLUR mentality. That is what it is all about.
------------------
P*L*U*R - If you love it...live it!

boom....another post by UndRCvrJngL talking shit about people....let me c if i can find more.............

The Raving scene is one of the most at ease venues probably I've ever been at...probably mostly due to the copious consumption of E. People are great though--totally accepting of everything

You'll be fine and have lots of fun if you stick with up-scale, adult rave clubs which usually cater to +25 year olds with college degrees. Just stay away from kiddy raves/massives cuz your too dam old and their too dam young for yall to party together. take care and have fun!

Hey Snuggleupagus, I am going to be 35 next month and have been raving and doing E for exactly 1 yr. I have been to about 25-30 parties and can NOT think of one time I have felt out of place. I might have gotten some funny looks from some younger folks every once in a while but 95% of the time they treat me like an ordinary raver. These young kids REALLY know how to party and have to be some of the nicest people you will ever meet! If you ever decide to go to a rave and dont have a good time then you must have walked in the wrong door. The younger kids do not care about how old you are, they only care about how much fun you are having! The more fun you have, the younger you get! Give it a try! The 25-30 raves I have been to, have been the 25-30 best times of my life! Good luck and have fun!!!!!!!!

Snuggleupagus, I am 31, and I have No problems going to raves. The friends I've made find it hard to believe that someone "my age" would be so much fun, but... I think they still like me, fine!

Snuggleupagus, from my limited experience at raves/rave-like-clubs (eg, teriyaki, Melbourne), the older ravers are looked up to for their experience and views on life. There is nothing cooler than sitting down and having a e-conversation with someone who has had more life experience and has different (or similar) views on subjects that you've hardly even contemplated.
Maybe thats just my youthful naivity showing through though...
smile.gif

------------------
Sarsen
Space Invader Industries
[email protected]
"Whats you name?
What have you had?
Reach for the lazers?
Safe as fuck..."