• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oh God..175 mg methadone daily cold turkey...how am I gonna do this?

This shouldn't happen and I would have a private word with the head pharmacist explaining that you would be within your rights to Lodge a complaint and that you had to endure a harsh 24 hours because of the late delivery.

Unfortunately it's jus a fact of life that stuff like this happens and that's why it's not good to be dependent on anything from methadone to benzos to even insulin.
If there was a natural disaster or something similar we all would be fucked.

A lot of health care professionals actually forget that there is a physical sickness related to lack of medication like methadone. Or they think it is a mental thing or just a mild irration like the common cold and some cravings.

I'm not trying to promote a certain vendor, but I recommend kratom if you've got nothing else that is helping. Kratom + gabapentin reeeeally helps. I'm a big fan of happy [animal from africa who kills the most people per year] herbals. Another hint is the child's game "hungry hungry [animal name here]. Their stuff is far and away the best kratom. All the brands in the headshop suck and are garbage, despite the "organic" and other bullshit they put on the label to make it seem "natural."
But happy [animal] herbals is fantastic. They categorize their kratom into slow, medium, and fast. And while every person says "reds are chill" and "green and white are up", that's not always the case, and that's why I like that site. There are slow whites, there are fast reds.

I know this won't help you immediately, but you may consider ordering some for emergencies. With that high of a tolerance to methadone, you might have to do like 75grams of kratom a day to feel better. You wouldn't dose all that once. You could maybe start with 5g. Wait 30 min, do 5g more.

I highly recommend the "slow" varieties. The faster varieties are better (for me anyway) for post acute withdrawal, when i'm tired all the time and need some energy. Anyway, i know i'm late here, but i write this in case any person on the internet in the future should see it and is panicking.

Kratom has its dangers. I discovered it can totally take the place of opiates. I quit heroin (just snorting, like maybe 2 tenths, 3 tenths a day if I was greedy, it was probably fentanyl and RCs half the time who knows) and eventually weened myself down to 8g of kratom a day. 2g in the morning, 2 at lunch, 2 when i got home from work, 2 nearing bedtime. Then I tried to quit cold turkey and it wasn't fun. The physical withdrawal was minimal- other than liquid shit. But the mental withdrawal from jumping off 8g a day of kratom was unexpected for me. It was just a different kind of stress. This is where gabapentin, baclofen, and xanax helped me. I alternated those to help with sleep, and was able to therefore not get hooked on any of them. Anyway, kratom is a good option. It's different, and with that high of a methadone intake, you may have to start with A LOT to feel better. But if you used gabapentin with kratom, you might be able to survive a few days til your next methadone re-up.

Just my 2 cents.

This shouldn't happen and I would have a private word with the head pharmacist explaining that you would be within your rights to Lodge a complaint and that you had to endure a harsh 24 hours because of the late delivery.

Unfortunately it's jus a fact of life that stuff like this happens and that's why it's not good to be dependent on anything from methadone to benzos to even insulin.
If there was a natural disaster or something similar we all would be fucked.

A lot of health care professionals actually forget that there is a physical sickness related to lack of medication like methadone. Or they think it is a mental thing or just a mild irration like the common cold and some cravings.

Well it doesn't help that these fucking idiots who've never experienced a second of opioid withdrawal in their lives keep claiming its "like a bad flu".

Which is complete garbage. I'd take 3 weeks of the flu over 5 days of opioid withdrawal in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even need to think about it. And I doubt I'm alone in that.

And yeah while it's not good to be dependent on anything, sometimes there's just no realistic choice.

I didn't read this for fear of MMT haters pissing me off. MMT has saved my life twice. That said you are in for it. What helped me:
Eat and drink
Epson salt baths
Sex
Horror fiction
Immodium AD
Potassium

If I had narcotics: morphine, ativan, somas