⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

Checking if I can post, never received activation email even after resending it many, many times.

^ if requesting the activation email once or twice didn't work, then requesting it again "many, many times" isn't going to work...

anyway, the point is moot as you are, for reasons i guess we'll never know, already activated.

welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

I'm having the same exact problem. I don't understand why it has to be so fucking complicated, unlike facebook or YouTube where you just type, click, and its done. There doesn't seem to be an option for me to start one anywhere on this site, yet I keep seeing posts from other people as if it should be a piece of cake.

it's not so fucking complicated.

you are a greenlighter so you can't start a blog yet. if and when you become a bluelighter (50 posts) you'll be able to start a blog.

you can create a new thread on bluelight by clicking the 'NEW THREAD' button (this button:
newthread.gif
)

you can respond to an existing thread by clicking the 'POST REPLY' button (this button:
reply.gif
)

you already posted in this thread twice so you appear to have got the hang of posting :)

if you need further help, respond here.

regards

alasdair

I wrote a huge long post that will not post. Im not understanding why and i lost so i dont want to keep doing it. Im loged in and i hit the remember me button but still nothing. Please help
I need advise

Searched through a bunch of these and couldn't find the answer, hope I didn't somehow miss it.
Anyway I'm using my phone to post, so there's no prefix option, and it won't let me create a thread without one. How do I get past this?

I wrote a huge long post that will not post. Im not understanding why and i lost so i dont want to keep doing it.
can you give us a little more information? what do you mean "it will not post"? are you seeing an error message? etc.

alasdair

registered users awaiting approval can post in support but not the rest of the site.

alasdair

I am new to this site. I want to find information on the topic of cocaine use. I don't know what to put in the recipient box. I have never posted before but how do I find a group to speak with on this topic? And what do I put in the recipient box for my first post ever?

Hey alasdairm I've been having some problems for a week or more, The login in the upper right hand corner of every page is acting weird, it doesn't clear when you check the box it puts a cursor exactly where you clicked it, it's not hiding my password and no matter what is entered it takes me to the login page where you would only end up normally of you entered the wrong username/password. I've been having problems quoting and posting in general and then it won't let me edit it, it just goes back to the original error. I'm not using my phone and my browser was telling me the sight was unsecured, now it is saying that it does not provide identity info, which I don't blame, but not sure why it just saying that. Thanks Its also formatting my posts to wrap around the text.... Can't use emoticons either

Hey alasdairm I've been having some problems for a week or more, The login in the upper right hand corner of every page is acting weird, it doesn't clear when you check the box it puts a cursor exactly where you clicked it, it's not hiding my password and no matter what is entered it takes me to the login page where you would only end up normally of you entered the wrong username/password. I've been having problems quoting and posting in general and then it won't let me edit it, it just goes back to the original error. I'm not using my phone and my browser was telling me the sight was unsecured, now it is saying that it does not provide identity info, which I don't blame, but not sure why it just saying that. Thanks Its also formatting my posts to wrap around the text.... Can't use emoticons either
hello. log out then clear your local cache and (bluelight-related) cookies. then ensure you are accessing the site over http only for now i.e. http://bluelight.org
I'm on mobile and when it says select prefix I can't find it to select it?
that is a known issue with the mobile skin. you'll have to use the full site: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forum.php?styleid=51

alasdair

So I can't make a thread because it's saying I need to select a prefix or something like that. Which I assume it means somethin like (opiates) or (heroin) as the subject. But it doesn't give me that option anywhere. I am on mobile if that matters. Any ideas?