• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a fun Sunday Night game week 2! Vicks first return to the Dome.

If Falcons dont win that 1 I will kill myself. nah jk but seriously for some reason Andy Reid just knows how to beat us. and when they do i hear shit since i live in Philly.

this year i think we'll beat them though. Eagles are so overhyped. They have the worst 3 starting LBs in the league and we will be able to exploit it.

Sometimes I think we are cut from the same cloth Axl. I really enjoy grind em out low scoring games if it means the winner is decided by the last one standing. Watching two teams go at it a point a minute feels like a fucking pajama party .

mah man! if you could only come up here for beer and chicken wings and Steelers footbaw - and if I could only come down there for Fosters and shrimp-on-the-barbie and All-Blacks

wow, it sounds so crazy to hear that NO VS ATL is a new thing, or not maybe a huge thing. considering the impressive weight Southern college ball carries. but I do suppose NO was a joke in footbaw for 90 percent of their existence (even Ditka fucked up there lol) and ATL has always been teetering on bad-to-okay

one of the reasons I love the Steelers so much is their genius off-season moves. you will NEVER see them pick up a billion-dollar player a la the Eagles in free agency. they draft talent and they work on the talent, let them go if they're too much money or pain, and franchise them if they are worth it

Lawrence Timmons (Pitt LB from FSU) - franchised with millions - this has been perhaps the most underrated defensive player in the history of the NFL the last three years. watch out for a big year from him
LaMarr Woodley (Pitt LB from Mich) - franchised with millions - perhaps the best thing to come out of Michigan. he plays next to Timmons, is a year older, and gets a little more recognition
Troy Pawandmaulu - (do I really need to say anything? the most explosive player in the game, one of my favorite players of all-time, and a fellow Macedonian Orthodox practicing fella. I hope in 100 years, he dies in Pittsburgh, as a defensive coordinator)

sorry just had to gush about these three recent off-season moves

oh and thanks ESPN for White Michael Vick

576x324_vickwhite.jpg

lololol

^ Hahaha... that's pretty rad.

Can I also claim to be cut from the same cloth as you lot!? I'm a fan of the heavy, hard hitting, wars on grass. I've never been a big fan of the high scoring games. That said, I do LOVE the explosive offensive players like DeSean Jackson, Andre Johnson, Chris Johnson, Michael Vick, etc. but one of the things that I love about Cleveland Browns football is it's (as you say) grind it out, blue collar, tooth and nail appeal. Yeah it's been a bit of a farce for years now, but the Cleveland way (when they're on their game) is just plain old fashioned, hard nosed football. The city is ecstatic to have Peyton Hillis around because if he continues to play like he did last year, he trucks guys, runs the ball right down their fucking throats, and does it like an honest goon. He's blue collar as hell, not bigger than the city he plays in, and leaves it all on the field (including the ball sometimes, yeah, but that's besides the point). Now with Colt McCoy, the good ole boy at the helm... we've got someone pitchin the pigskin with a chip on his shoulder. People have been tellin him he's not big enough, not strong enough, etc... well hell, neither was Drew Brees. And I can't say enough about Greg Little. He's not been overly flashy up to this point yet, but he's a STRONG wide out. I think he'll be pretty damn good once he gets settle in.

Our offensive line is pretty damn solid, and we just signed Joe Thomas to another 7 years. Fuckin RIGHT! Plus our secondary... they're young, but Joe Haden can downright play and once TJ Ward gets acclimated to the NFL, more so than he already seemed to last year, he's gonna be a scary dude. Anybody remember the lick he put on Jordan Shipley last year?

The Browns may not make the playoffs yet this year, but they're on the right path. And truth be told... I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they DID make the playoffs (though I'm not expecting it). They have a fairly favorable schedule for the first half of the year. By that time, I'd expect them to be pretty used to playin together. I'm pretty excited for the way the team's looking in the future. Holmgren and Heckert are definitely going in the right direction.

it sounds like you guys are describing southern football. i mean, when you're not describing boring football (blue collar? you mean Ohio State?) or dysfunctional as all hell football (Browns?) grinding, stifling defensive game is SEC all day everyday, like Nick Fairley and his holdup of Oregon during The Game. No, we're not going to let you score at the goal line, gotta punt, OH WAIT, blocked punt, oooo what SAFETY. deal with it.

Ohio State is (was) definitely not blue collar. Jim Tressell didn't coach blue collar football, he coached conservative ass, don't ram the ball down the opponents throat football.

Pittsburgh sucks because they play 20 year old techno in their stadium.

okay. tOSU doesn't play bluecollar football, they play boring football.

True dat.

And what songs does Pittsburgh play? Zombie Nation? Sandstorm? Cotton Eye Joe?

I fucking love that song. It reminds me of grinding sweaty, half naked women .

I bet Big Ben requested it.

there is a whole lot of falcon n00b in here, ken and pander, i'm looking at you.

even if we were fighting for last place in the NFC South, falcon/saints has always been a big rivalry.

i hate the saints with every bit of my being. the only other sports team i hate worse is everything UGA.

there is a whole lot of falcon n00b in here, ken and pander, i'm looking at you.

even if we were fighting for last place in the NFC South, falcon/saints has always been a big rivalry.

i hate the saints with every bit of my being. the only other sports team i hate worse is everything UGA.

I guess I just come from a family with warm feelings towards the big easy. We do hate cretinous tennessee vols fans, though.

Jim Tressel did bring some conservative kewl to the table... but eh, I've always been a bit more fan of the in your face type of coaching style. when I see footage of Woody Hayes tackling that opposing Fuck Clemson player in the 1978 Gator Bowl, I still get pretty jammed up over here. Jim Tressel's nicety coaching style was only digestible because he won 9 times out of 10

PNC Park better be blasting "Black and Yellow" when I'm there in Nov. 6th for that second Ravens game, that's all I have to say

what a grand football mecca PNC Park is. can I just reiterate how much I hate domed stadiums? this is footbaw, not track. real men weather the elements. domed stadiums make me puke

I do agree with undead, I think that the Browns are getting closer to a winning football team. too bad they play in the AFC North, as it is no easy task withstanding Baltimore and Pittsburgh twice each in a year. if they were in the NFC West, they would win the division more often than not. they have a good run game now in Hillis (however long he lasts is another question, tho) and solid coaching and ownership (which really is the keystone concerning NFL franchise success imo), that they are on the up and up. I will be happy to see Cleveland whip on Cinci this year, truth

Looking forward to the Rams taking the next step and making it to the playoffs. Have upgraded the offense and defense pretty nicely. Many more receiving weapons on offense (including a nice big tight end of the type which Bradford loves to use), and a backup for Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.