• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree

otoh, getcher Tim Tebow X-mas cards, now with Child Jesus and the Star of Bethlehem!

a4ed122431c25dee5bd42301859cc94f.jpg

how many o lineman did gb lose? i tuned in with 6 nminutes left to see rodgers get sacked 2x ina row. theyll prolly still make it to the sb.

GB's last three games of the regular season looked so convincingly easy for them, I did think for a second or two that they could've lost one or two of them games due to them being trap games. and KC did it today without their normal H/C Todd Haley or whatever his name is? former Cleveland Browns H/C and Interim Chiefs H/C Romeo Crennel must be creaming his pants by spoiling GB's almost perfect season. the Packers have played spotty defense at best this year at times... looks like it finally caught up with them

does this mean Romeo Crennel has a shot at Kansas City's vacant H/C position??

and did anybody hear Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force's new blog? in it he says that James Harrison's hit on Colt McCoy was hilariously Colt McCoy's fault, and Steelers H/C should have thrown the challenge flag. and Carl explains this time on why/how Big Ben is so tough and also why/how Pittsburgh will topple the impressively resurgent San Francisco 49ers tomorrow night on MNF

thank for posting the carl video

by far the best part of the SVP show and easily the best overall sports segment of the week, week after week

by SVP show i mean scott van pelt, you can catch carl every friday around 3:45ish eastern time on espn radio

yeah I agree, Carl from ATHF is for sure the best part of the Scott Van Pelt show

SVP is a good sports talking head, but dude can just get so boring at times. if we're just talking about ESPN radio exclusively, I am a big fan of Marcellus Wiley

espn radio blows

all the guests are the same ol' douche in a suit colleagues

i don't want to hear fucking predictions, obvious analyses or opinions on who's better than who

i want lulz

thank god for jim rome, and carl

well bill romanowksi is the ultimate guest, i've heard him on all the shows, love that crazy fucker

^ I love your want-to and welcome to S+G, but Keni is a NO Saints fan, not a dirty Baltimore Raven. she's not that bad. I am right now however picking a New Orleans VS Pittsburgh Super Bowl this year, any naysayers??

and shit, I just saw the highlights on SportsCenter of that KC victory over GB. it looks like at the end of that one, the KC Chiefs players doused Interim h/c Romeo Crennel. that got a big smile from the usually hilariously gruff, Romeo. I feel like he actually is a great defensive coach, just maybe experienced some shitty talent/personnel from his Cleveland Browns days. Romeo Crennel was essentially the living, breathing mascot of the City of Cleveland, during his Browns tenure. haha

and I can't believe Baltimore lost! sorry about it, Suburu. it looks like once again the Steelers are going to get that Number One AFC Seed (due to tiebreaker over the Pats) and the Ravens will get that Wild-Card berth

Pittsburgh just might be goin' to the Super Bowl once again

sigh, a new poster who has to be confronted with the difference between gold and yellow.

Go Steelers! Saints need a 49er loss to lead for the #2 spot and bye.

I think the 49ers have overacheived this season and the Defense will not be able to make up for the lack of Offense the rest of the season and into the playoffs. I think tonights game vs the Steelers (minus Harrison and maybe Big Ben) will expose the 49ers as simply a above avaerage (and not elite) team in the NFC....Alex Smith will be brought back down to earth tonight when he has to make something happen after the fall behind by 2 scores early in the 2nd half. It'll then turn to a comfortable win for the Steelers

Go Steelers! Saints need a 49er loss to lead for the #2 spot and bye.

I think the 49ers have overacheived this season and the Defense will not be able to make up for the lack of Offense the rest of the season and into the playoffs. I think tonights game vs the Steelers (minus Harrison and maybe Big Ben) will expose the 49ers as simply a above avaerage (and not elite) team in the NFC....Alex Smith will be brought back down to earth tonight when he has to make something happen after the fall behind by 2 scores early in the 2nd half. It'll then turn to a comfortable win for the Steelers
tumblr_lhbuwcB1rO1qaaowno1_500.jpg

Thats how i felt last night Kenickie. Stayed up til 4am watching that shit after a 3 day binge. Cant believe we lost in that manner. Not even 1 sack. No pressure, lack of quality, no conviction. Disappointing but fuck it, we move on and deal with it. Wouldnt be a Ravens season if it was easy anyway.

Where all these extra Steelers freaks multiply and crawl out of? Taking a Vali now so i can get up later and cheer on the Niners with a headache and big bottle of cider. Go Niners!!

SAN FRANCISCO -- Questions persist about Patrick Willis' potential availability for the San Francisco 49ers against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday night.

The 49ers are listing Willis as questionable with a hamstring injury. Beat reporters covering the team have said it's a surprise if Willis plays. That seems reasonable given reports that Willis suffered a Grade II strain during a Dec. 4 game against St. Louis.

I saw Willis exercising at the team hotel this morning. He was riding a stationary bike methodically. He also did some light (for him) upper-body lifting with free weights. He was the only 49ers player in the hotel workout room at that time. I have no reason to believe Willis is planning to play Monday night, but the team has time to make a decision.

NFL teams must declare their inactive players 90 minutes before kickoff. This game is scheduled to kick off at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Well it seems both teams will be without their best players. Mad props to Ben if he plays but the injury last week looked pretty bad, Once those tendons in your foot tighten up after an injury like that playing on it can be excruciating.

And even if the Niners lose tonight, the #2 seed is hardly a foregone conclusion for the saints. The niners hold the tiebreaker and the Saints still have to play the falcons and Carolina, both harder opponents than the niners remaining opponents imo (sehawks and rams).

Thats how i felt last night Kenickie. Stayed up til 4am watching that shit after a 3 day binge. Cant believe we lost in that manner. Not even 1 sack. No pressure, lack of quality, no conviction. Disappointing but fuck it, we move on and deal with it. Wouldnt be a Ravens season if it was easy anyway.

Where all these extra Steelers freaks multiply and crawl out of? Taking a Vali now so i can get up later and cheer on the Niners with a headache and big bottle of cider. Go Niners!!

i need Baltimore to be a good team because of reasons. mainly because of my mom and because i like to see thugs (especially SEC thugs) do well and i enjoy watching pittsburgh lose twice a year to them. but they looked terrible. everything seemed to go wrong and it was painful to watch.

takeo spikes had a great night though, and that guy scares the shit out of me. i think it's mainly that his face is so huge and giant like one of those easter island statues or something.

Takeo+Spikes+San+Francisco+49ers+Team+Practice+MA0qYl37sJql.jpg

he had a nice little part in the war eagle | roll tide movie... and he called big ben a ho. which is great too.

I'm so pumped I'm going to listen to T-Rex's "20th Century Boy" and wave around my special black edition Terrible Towel

damn, I almost convinced my last band to cover that song. but they picked that other T-Rex song "Bang a Gong" instead. was soooo close

and Pittsburgh's Thugs > Baltimore's Thugs. I like seeing thugs do well tho too lol

how often to you listen to that 'here we go, steelers, pittsburgh's goin to the superbowl' song?

keep convincing yourself

i won't lie back when i first heard that song, the year steelers played the cowboys in the SB i thought that song was pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.