• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Off Zoloft 6 Days, Can I Robo-Trip?

NoRtYByN8uRe*

Greenlighter
I know I'm not supposed to mix ssri's with DXM, it can cause serotonin syndrome etc...

I've been off zoloft for 6 almost 7 days. Would it be safe to take DXM?

Thanks

No!!! Do not do this! Your life will be in danger from serotonin syndrome!!!

Well how long have you been on Zoloft?
Wouldn't risk it 2-3 weeks is the safe amount of time

I saw a house episode where it attacks and makes kidneys fail. Also heard people get diherea when they take a bottle of pills. Which could be because the liquid in your body can't go through kidneys to pee so it goes out your butt. Seriously. Not sure if house was correct but seems to make sense.

I saw a house episode where it attacks and makes kidneys fail. Also heard people get diherea when they take a bottle of pills. Which could be because the liquid in your body can't go through kidneys to pee so it goes out your butt. Seriously. Not sure if house was correct but seems to make sense.

i took DXM every day for a year, and actually had kidney stones and needed surgery. i dont know if its related. true story.

This is a very bad idea, for the sake of harm reduction I would say you would need to be clear of any type of SSRI for a couple months in order to be completely clear. Even then you will be making your depression worse every time you robo-trip. This sounds like a bad idea all the way around. Might I ask how old you are? Is this a case of "I am too young to find any real drugs to use" or do you really just like DXM that much?

This is a very bad idea, for the sake of harm reduction I would say you would need to be clear of any type of SSRI for a couple months in order to be completely clear. Even then you will be making your depression worse every time you robo-trip. This sounds like a bad idea all the way around. Might I ask how old you are? Is this a case of "I am too young to find any real drugs to use" or do you really just like DXM that much?

i dont have depressions, and i was only on zoloft for 2 months. they put me on it when i was in the psych ward i had no choice.

the half life of zoloft is 24 hours i think, so i figured after a week it would be out of my system, i just wanted to check with yall.... im 30 btw

I'd wait 2 weeks just to be sure, if you've been on a SSRI/SNRI for a long time there are also second order metabolites in your body that need to clear out, & your serotonin receptors will need to readjust