• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Off Heroin, Down and Dirty

mungus

Greenlighter
I hope this is direct enough yes/no type question and that it shouldve gone in a mega thread somewhere. I have been snorting good quality heroin daily from the markets for about 6 months and can say I am an addict. I need to get out from underneath it without state agencies, methadone, long drawn out state dictated programs etc. This regimen was given to me by someone who has used it successfully.

Subutex (not suboxone) buprenorphine 8mg pills.
1 pill Subutex/day for 2 days (8mg/day)
3/4 pill Subutex/day for 2 days (6mg/day)
1/4 pill Subutex/day for 4 days (2mg/day)
1/8 pill Subutex/day for 8 days (1mg/day)

This concurrent with a benzo. I am on 1mg klonopin twice a day already. I dont know if additional klonopin would be the best choice or ativan or xanax or temazepam would be a better choice. I have suffered from depression and anxiety for many years. (unemployed, lost my house in October, stopped 11 years of doctor prescribed adderall cold turkey in October) and am currently taking zonisamide 100mg BID (for cortico thalamic dysrhythmia), remeron 30mg at bedtime and the klonopin.

If I have posted in the wrong place I apologize. If I have gone afoul, please go easy on me, the last thing I can take right now is discouragement. The GF split and I will be doing this on my own.

Thank you very much

Temazepam is probably my favorite benzo for use during withdrawal because it knocks me out like no others do. Clonazepam will certainly help though.

I will try to respond more in-depth later but for now yes, your bupe taper looks good.

Good luck, brother. You can do this!

damonoxide can you shed some light on how I should go with a benzo choice? Being 'knocked out like no other' sounds like a desired place to be during what is going to be possibly the toughest thing Ive ever tried to do and to be quite frank, Im terrified. Are xanax or ativan quicker acting in a situation like this? Would I be better of with a quick acting or long acting keeping in mind I have the klonopin too. That you have taken an interest in helping me through this is the closest thing to comfort I can feel right now. thanks

You want a benzodiazepine that will sustain you through the week of withdrawals, therefore I would choose either clonazepam or diazepam although temazepam is good for knock-outs but it's short acting so you'll go through them quick. You don't want a benzo habit. You shouldn't need the benzo while you're tapering on Suboxone. You should save the benzos for the jump-off.

You want a benzodiazepine that will sustain you through the week of withdrawals, therefore I would choose either clonazepam or diazepam although temazepam is good for knock-outs but it's short acting so you'll go through them quick. You don't want a benzo habit. You shouldn't need the benzo while you're tapering on Suboxone. You should save the benzos for the jump-off.

This is starting to sound more complicated than I was first led to believe. I am under the impression after the last day of sub it should be pretty much over (aside from the 'I blew the head gasket on my car and I just wanna get high type thing. That is left to sheer will power). I thought I would need to control the anxiety during the taper. Never been big into benzos recreationally so Im not concerned too much about a benzo habit and I already have the prescription for clonazepam 1mg. Just enough of the right one(s) during and just after the taper. What do you mean by the 'jump off'?

This probably isn't the kind of help you are looking for, not trying to clutter up your thread, but one small comfort I have found during unpleasant withdrawals is chicken soup.?
I know it sounds stupid but I find it very comforting to have some warm chicken soup in my belly.
When everything else is bad, it gives me something small to be thankful for.?

It also tastes the same coming up as it does going down haha.

You can do it buddy! Stay strong, life does get better!

Suboxone is an opioid, it is going to prolong your eventual withdrawal. The reason you're using it though is the long half life allowing you to glide down gently with predictable, tapered doses. You still have to pay the piper, so to speak. You should have minimal withdrawal symptoms until you get down under a mg. Once you are down to 0 you are at the 'jump off' and you'll likely want/need your benzo then.

It's relatively painless if you can stick to your taper, but that's not to say it's going to be completely painless, just relative to jumping off H cold turkey.

Bro i doubt you should even take a whole sub.
i doubt youve got the tolerance and shit to need a whole 8 taper to detox... youve just been blowin dope a few months and it probably isnt even the best diesel to begin with...
youre psyching yourself out, you dont have a bad habit and all you really need to do is smoke weed, and get benzod out and lay on the couch the first day or two and youll be fine.

My friend with the subutex connect is MIA so Im starting a suboxone program at a local mental health facility. Youre right about psyching myself out, Im my own worst enemy. But thats all the more reason. If I could think of a way to make myself more miserable, I'd find it so Im gonna take all the help I can get. Id rather have too much than not enough. I picked up some 30mg temazepams and they dont do shit. OH! And to find out - they told me theyre gonna take me off the clonazepam Ive been taking. Here's someone who has depression and and anxiety so bad they start blowin dope, lets see...I know... lets take away the anxiety med. That oughta be good for a few chuckles. Yikes! I realize there must be a theoretically good reason for that but FUCK 8o

I just blew my last line, I start 7 am Tuesday. My timing could have been a little better...oh well...

YPAajXE.jpg

That Wile E Coyote feeling just got worse. I got down to the place and they turned me away because i take klonopin and I cant start until I can pee clean for that. Fuck me.

Well, sounds like I'd be checking out the opiate withdrawal arsenal thread, at least running to the local pharm or wherever for immodium. Would your regular doctor write you a clonodine and/or gabapentin script? The first is for calming hot/cold flashes and the second is for kinda smoothing ya out, help you relax...
Just stay connected, OR disappear to your room for a few days like I do. I get hyper emotional so don't like to conversate I come out of my darkness when I'm ready. You can do it!

So its been 39 days since I blew my last heroin. The following is the regimen I followed. It sounds fucked up and disorganized but it is working and I figured it might help someone so that’s why Im posting it. So far, so good. The fucked-upedness of it was dependent on what was available at the time. Keep in mind that I am already taking clonazepam 2mg/day. I did my best to make it as coherent as possible. I didn’t get out of bed until day 9 and I spent as much time as possible sleeping.

I am using the taper calculator at http://www.helpmegetoffdrugs.com/taper_table One thing that concerns me is if in a rush to be "off" dope, I may have started the taper too soon. Things are still pretty fucked up in my life - work, living situation, the depression and anxiety I have lived with for so many years. If I continue on schedule, tomorrow I drop to 1.0mg, a 33% reduction. I have noticed no adverse effects from going from 2mg to 1.5mg so far.

From the site above:
"A taper should only be considered once a successful treatment period is completed. Have you made significant changes in behavior and had a period of time to gain experience with those behaviors? Have you been able to deal with stress, anxiety and depression without craving drugs? The whole point of buprenorphine treatment is to suppress cravings and withdrawal so that you can make big changes in behavior and thinking. If this is not done first the taper will likely be shortly followed by relapse."

I dont see any major changes like that in the offing. I dont know if I should go for it or stay at 1.5mg (or go back to 2mg) for an undetermined amount of time. Some people just stay on it...forever.

Day 1 - 5/15
Loperamide 30mg
temazapam 60mg, 60mg, 60mg throughout the day (total 180mg)
Loperamide 30mg 8-10 hours after first dose

Day 2 - 5/16
Grapefruit juice, wait 30 minutes then
Cimetidine 400mg
Loperamide 26mg
8-10 hours later, grapefruit juice, wait 30 minutes then
Cimetidine 400mg
Loperamide 26mg
temazapam 60mg, 60mg, 60mg throughout the day (total 180mg)

Day 3 - 5/17
Methadone 50mg
No additional benzos

Day 4 - 5/18
DXM 500mg
No additional benzos

Day 5 - 5/19
Loperamide 26mg
temazapam 60mg

Day 6 - 5/20
DXM 250mg

Day 7 - 5/21
Bupe 4mg
No additional benzos

Day 8 5/22
Temazapam 90mg at once –knock out punch

Day 9 5/23
Adderall 15mg
Bupe 2mg
No additional benzos

Day 10 5/24
Adderall 15mg 1:30 PM
Suboxone 1mg 4:30 PM
Temazapam 30mg 2 AM (to sleep)

Day 11 5/25
Suboxone 1mg 12 PM
Suboxone 2mg 8:45 PM
No additional benzos

Day 12 5/26
Suboxone 2mg 9:20 AM
Temazapam 60mg (to sleep)

Day 13 5/27
Suboxone 1.5mg 12 PM
Suboxone 3mg 7:20 PM

Day 14 5/28
Suboxone 2mg

Day 15 5/29
Suboxone 2mg

Day 16 5/30
Suboxone 2mg

Day 17 5/31
Suboxone 3mg 9 AM
Adderall 15mg 1PM

Day 18 6/1
Suboxone 2mg 9 AM

Day 19 6/2
Suboxone 2mg

Day 20 6/3
Suboxone 2mg

Day 21 6/4
Suboxone 2mg

Day 22 6/5
Suboxone 2mg

Day 23 6/6
Suboxone 2mg

Day 24 6/7
Suboxone 2mg 9 AM

Day 25 6/8
Suboxone 2mg 12 PM

Day 26 6/9
Subutex 2mg 6 AM

Day 27 6/10
Subutex 2mg 6 AM

Day 28 6/11
Subutex 2mg 6 AM

Day 29 6/12
Subutex 2mg 6 AM

Day 30 6/13
Suboxone 2mg

Day 31 6/14
Suboxone 2mg

Day 32 6/15
Suboxone 2mg

Day 33 6/16
Suboxone 2mg

*****BEGIN TAPER*****

25% REDUCTION
Day 34 6/17
Subutex 1.5mg

Day 35 6/18
Subutex 1.5mg

Day 35 6/19
Suboxone 1.5mg

Day 36 6/20
Suboxone 1.5mg

Day 37 6/21
Suboxone 1.5mg

Day 38 6/22
Suboxone 1.5mg

Day 39 6/23
Suboxone 1.5mg

8 days at 1.0mg
6 days at 0.75mg
6 days at 0.5mg
4 days at 0.25mg
3 days at .13mg
2 days at 0mg
then the optional kicker dose of 2.0mg

( to see my taper, plug in 2mg in all the fields in the calculator)

this might sound fucked but i use meth to get past the first week of withdraws. works like a charm. but to each there own.

this might sound fucked but i use meth to get past the first week of withdraws. works like a charm. but to each there own.

"Fucked" does not even begin to describe tweaking thru an entire week of opiate withdrawal. I've seen meth help in small doses for very short periods of time during small time opiate withdrawal but it leaves people feeling horrible after.

For HRs sake, not sure why ud even post that useless reply go tweak out in BDD