• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Odds of a bad trip on a threshold LSD dose?

The Network

Bluelighter
After using cannabis more and having some minorly psychedelic experiences, I've once again become interested in psychedelics. I was several years ago but I was probably too young to properly appreciate it then, so I just kind of forgot about psychedelics until recently. I'm wondering though, with lower doses of LSD, like a threshold to light dose, what is the risk of freaking out and having a bad trip? Are there better and still safe psychedelics that might be worth trying first that are less likely to cause a bad trip?

I've heard mescaline but, that's someone else's opinion. The first few times, Lsd shouldn't be a problem. But after continual use, the happiness or "new-ness" starts to die down and you start to freak out. I think it's called paranoia. I don't know if LSD causes the paranoia or if you bring in the paranoia with you on the trip. Honestly, I think it could go either way

Try it the first few times, you'll feel good, but then remember to stop before you get a bad trip. They tend to happen without you noticing

Odds of having a bad trip the first few times: 1/10

Are there better and still safe psychedelics that might be worth trying first that are less likely to cause a bad trip?

I've heard mescaline but, that's someone else's opinion.

Not sure about mescaline. In my experience (IME) mescaline, LSD, mushrooms (and others) deliver a full psychedelic trip, with possibility of intense mental confusion depending on set and setting.

Trips are really unpredictable and, IME, you're either tripping or not and, even in a low-dose LSD trip, if the set and setting make you anxious, nervous or physically unwell, you may have a difficult experience, which can be overcome by the way. Some of my best trips have involved difficult moments.

So if you take a low dose of LSD, you're less likely to have an intensely bad experience but I can't tell you for sure...

Other, more recently discovered psychedelic drugs, such as 2C-B and Allylescaline, are better suited for what Alexander Shulgin calls a "museum dose", when you can feel the effects, but not appear to be an obvious dope fiend when in public [e.g. in a museum]. A "museum dose" typically doesn't cause much mental confusion, although set and setting are always to be considered.

The first few times, Lsd shouldn't be a problem.

Not my experience. I was really stupid and didn't get any proper info for my first trip and it was one of the worst, though I could glimpse all the magic and positive vibrations that I was missing, and I made sure that (most of) my next trips would be better planned.

But after continual use, the happiness or "new-ness" starts to die down and you start to freak out. I think it's called paranoia.

It may happen or not. IME, if you wait at least 15 days between trips, they can be as good as your first one.

Ah,

I remember my first shroom trip I had a good trip at first but then quickly turned into a pretty bad one. I kept losing track of time, a minute felt like an eternity and my head kept spinning like a circuit of neurons kept firing over and over in my head and I was stuck in a thought loop. Pretty frightening, I remember I kept looking at my phone and all the apps were messed up and even managed to call 911 somehow. Pretty scary, I didn't even mean to but I guess deep down I was so scared I wanted to call for help.

Damn, man. Drugs are fucking scary. Please stay away

Other, more recently discovered psychedelic drugs, such as 2C-B and Allylescaline, are better suited for what Alexander Shulgin calls a "museum dose", when you can feel the effects, but not appear to be an obvious dope fiend when in public [e.g. in a museum.

Allylescaline and 5-Meo-Dalt are good choices for light trips. I've been surprised by the euphoria and insights of very small doses (1-3mg) of 4-Aco-DMT.

low dose lsd is always pretty good mentally, physically there might be some over-stinulation, but keep a benzo or opiate handy and it will smooth things out.