• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Odd reaction to meth?

Kevan

Greenlighter
I've been using meth quite regularly for a little over a year now and only recently I'm starting to have a strange reaction...almost like an allergic reaction.

I really only smoke or snort it. I've gotten it from multiple different sources multiple times and i still have a strange reaction.

My face will get red like I'm congested. My ears get BRIGHT red and hot. My hands get red and really warm as well. My eyes get dry, red, and crusty as well.

At first I figured it was because of dehydration because it is sometimes impossible for me to force myself to drink water but I've been drinking water to the point my urine is near-clear and I'm still having this reaction.

My only other hypothesis is some vitamin/nutrient deficiency that I might be able to clear up with food/a multivitamin?

Anyone have any ideas/input?

(Also, hello everyone. I've browsed and lurked this forum for years and finally decided to join the fun!)

Hi there. If i had to take a guess I would think that instead of YOU being deficient in something it might be what's in the product. So many cuts and fillers to make the batches bigger to earn more profits as they know the users compulsively buy it. Bigger the batch the more of your money they get.

There are other threads where users have posted about some of the symptoms you are having. Also along with the unusual symptoms the quality has gone way down.

I'm not sure it's you that has the problem as opposed to what is being put in the product. It must be some kind of chemical that makes people get these symptoms but Lord only knows what it could be. It's obviously some kind of chemical that is raising peoples body temperature. That's why you get all red and hot.

Hope it gets better for you.

Well the first thing would be to figure out when exactly do your symptoms occur (and how long they last).
Right after taking a hit? Many hours later? Have you experienced them while sober? etc...
Those questions will help you narrow down the possibilities.

If it happens with different batches bought from different sources then I wouldn't really start by blaming some mysterious cut... The issue might be caused by the meth itself.

Obviously you need to drink enough water, but don't force it all down... Drinking too much water does more harm than good because it can deplete your electrolytes (as well as some water-soluble vitamins).
Good hydration isn't just water, it's water+electrolytes.
Next time get something like coconut water, gatorade/powerade, pedialyte, etc... (maybe even some milk)

How is the high overall? Certain stuff will have me congested to where I have to mouth breath sometimes which means I gotta keep brushing my teeth to prevent knocking people out with that dry meth mouth...as far as the crusty eyes etc...no clue.. I always wonder if the stuffed nose had to do with something with the decongestant they use having an opposite reaction...keep us posted with how it works out for ya

Well the first thing would be to figure out when exactly do your symptoms occur (and how long they last).
Right after taking a hit? Many hours later? Have you experienced them while sober? etc...
Those questions will help you narrow down the possibilities.

If it happens with different batches bought from different sources then I wouldn't really start by blaming some mysterious cut... The issue might be caused by the meth itself.

Obviously you need to drink enough water, but don't force it all down... Drinking too much water does more harm than good because it can deplete your electrolytes (as well as some water-soluble vitamins).
Good hydration isn't just water, it's water+electrolytes.
Next time get something like coconut water, gatorade/powerade, pedialyte, etc... (maybe even some milk)
I have found Pedialyte has worked wonders for me ... Started it after I was being backed up for weeks at a time from not hydrating combined with my methadone Rx... Was no bueno