• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants OD'd on 4-FA and lived.

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
This morning I overdosed a little bit on 4-FA . The trip was very very intense and speedy, and I couldn't keep my eyes focused on Anything. It felt like I was at the line between consciousness and blacking out for an hour.

Now, around this time, I have been going through the comedown. I was in the shower, and I went into complete convulsions (Never had convulsions before) for a couple minutes. I was flailing around bashing my arms and legs on everything.

Will I be ok? Will the damage I've done to my brain repair itself?

? I never want to do drugs again, I feel so screwed up and dump right now

Please help me. Sorry about the grammer, I can barely read either after that OD...

Edit : The sympthoms I had were a slight disconnection from my surroundings, a very sped up mind and body, extreme pupil dilation and nystagmus, and a little bit of heavyness. I don't even think I did have an overdose, I just took a little too much and I couldn't handle it. I didn't get chills, I didn't get an extreme heart beat

Last edited:
Dude/dudette please go to an emergency room ASAP and tell them exactly what you have us.

Without purposely instilling fear and worry within you, this mishap may have dire consequences. Please take this advice seriously.

I've just come across this post. I'm a paramedic and I urge you to seek medical advice. If you have caused any cardiac damage and you seek help now it may be repairable.... If you wait it may not be. You need an ECG and blood work done asap to rule out things like a STEMI or AF or other such complications.

I've just come across this post. I'm a paramedic and I urge you to seek medical advice. If you have caused any cardiac damage and you seek help now it may be repairable.... If you wait it may not be. You need an ECG and blood work done asap to rule out things like a STEMI or AF or other such complications.

I didn't have any cardiac side effects. I've had weaker stim trips that have made my heart very sore, but 4-FA never did anything to my heart really. I'm an athlete too, my heart is very strong.

I feel a lot better now, my blood pressure is a little low, and my heart rate is a little fast. Do you think I still need to go to the hospital? I'm feeling a lot more clear now,when I wrote that path I felt very disconnected with everything.

Last edited:
Honestly you can't tell that you didn't have cardiac side effects without an ECG and blood work. And just because your an athlete is meaningless. Do you know how many athletes drop down dead with heart attacks?... I have seen it many times.

I would definitely get it checked out. You do t even have to tell them what you've taken straight away just say your worried and want to get checked out. If its nothing then you've lost nothing. If there is problems then you need to tell them everything.

You really need to get it checked out. Your a young lad and you've got the rest of your life ahead of you. Don't fuck it up now. Go get it checked

Id personally go get checked out; get the tests done that englandz mentioned.

Better safe than sorry, yeah?

Honestly you can't tell that you didn't have cardiac side effects without an ECG and blood work. And just because your an athlete is meaningless. Do you know how many athletes drop down dead with heart attacks?... I have seen it many times.

I would definitely get it checked out. You do t even have to tell them what you've taken straight away just say your worried and want to get checked out. If its nothing then you've lost nothing. If there is problems then you need to tell them everything.

You really need to get it checked out. Your a young lad and you've got the rest of your life ahead of you. Don't fuck it up now. Go get it checked

Are the cardiac problems the only things I should worry about?
And I'm getting this thing (It's slowly getting better) Where if I stand up too fast I get extremely disoriented and I lose all strength and fall down. Is this just low blood pressure?

That is caused by low blood pressure. The reason I mentioned cardiac problems is the profound effect amphetamines have on cardiac rhythm and output and you were obviously having some negative reaction so cardiac problems are the obvious worry. I'm not a doctor though I'm a paramedic but caridiac events form the bulk of our emergency cases and a simple ECG and blood test which take about 10 minutes can identify any cardiac problems such as STEMI (ST elevated myocardial infarction) or AF (atrial fibrillation) and a whole host of other issues. The EGC trace shows the elstrical activity in your heart and to a trained professional shows a real time picture of your heart at work and the size and shape of the trace can identify any problems. Also the blood work looks for chemicals and enzymes that are released into the blood stream when the heart is damaged.
We could second guess all day what you may ormay not have done but without vetting checked out you will never know. If your heart has been damaged there are drugs that can be given immediately to minimise the damage but if you waif the damage can be much more severe....I've seen people who have suffered an MI and wait days before seeking help and they all regretted it

Honesty I get the whole drug scene....I've done my fair share in my youth (although I dont use drugs now... I was attracted to blue light for the chronic pain forum as I'm prescribed opiates for a neck and back problem) but seriously research chemicals can be far more dangerous that "regular drugs" in some cases as so little is known about their effects on the body.
I don't know if you will or won't take everyone's advice and get checked out but I sincerely hope your OK..... And I genuinely mean that

Any idea on how much you did? listen to advice on here and go to the doctors. 4-FA is usually quite forgiving but that sounds serious

~150mg snorted, 250mg oral.

I'll post a trip report later. 4-FA needs more real safety information.

I've personally seen the danger 4-FA has. The euphoria has a ceiling unlike with other drugs like MDMA.

And snorting feels like meth, same burn. I have no idea what you're all getting, but it's not That painful to snort.

Edit, the drug has worn off fully,

BP/HR = around normal, bit lower/ normal.

The only real problem I've had with the comedown is the blood pressure issue and the convulsions. I stood up to fast and blacked out for a few seconds. I literally fell because I couldn't manage to use any of my strength. MDMA/Meth comedown is harder.

Just beware, the drug doesn't wear off fully for about 18 hours. I'm just starting to feel normal again. My vision is fully cleared up. There's one thing different about 4-FA to the other Amphetamines I've noticed. You NEED to drink a LOT water! I went through 6-8 bottles in my 12 hours of being spun, and I still felt thirsty. If you don't drink, then you're going to suffer really bad effects, 4-FA gets rid of your water supplies much faster than MDMA.

P.S. Could anyone explain to me why I had a seizure? Does this happen on amphetamine comedowns?!

Last edited:
So are you going to the hospital?

There's a paramedic telling you it could save your life. You won't get a more definitive answer on the internet.

Personally its one of the most brutal things i've ever snorted. and theres quite a bit of safety info on it tbh. yeah the euphoria gets to a certain stage then gives no more, its annoying. doesnt quite hit the spot sometimes. re-dosing doesnt do the trick either, used to give me quite bad headaches

Somebody on here accidentally took around 1.5g when he was already off his tits if i recall

That is caused by low blood pressure. The reason I mentioned cardiac problems is the profound effect amphetamines have on cardiac rhythm and output and you were obviously having some negative reaction so cardiac problems are the obvious worry. I'm not a doctor though I'm a paramedic but caridiac events form the bulk of our emergency cases and a simple ECG and blood test which take about 10 minutes can identify any cardiac problems such as STEMI (ST elevated myocardial infarction) or AF (atrial fibrillation) and a whole host of other issues. The EGC trace shows the elstrical activity in your heart and to a trained professional shows a real time picture of your heart at work and the size and shape of the trace can identify any problems. Also the blood work looks for chemicals and enzymes that are released into the blood stream when the heart is damaged.
We could second guess all day what you may ormay not have done but without vetting checked out you will never know. If your heart has been damaged there are drugs that can be given immediately to minimise the damage but if you waif the damage can be much more severe....I've seen people who have suffered an MI and wait days before seeking help and they all regretted it

Thanks for the help man. I was thinking that ECG was a big panel of tests and I'd need to be gone all day. I'm going to go on saturday, I don't think it's That serious that I go like Right now. I'm not feeling any cardio toxicity issues, and I have had a very healthy heart my whole life.

Personally its one of the most brutal things i've ever snorted. and theres quite a bit of safety info on it tbh. yeah the euphoria gets to a certain stage then gives no more, its annoying. doesnt quite hit the spot sometimes. re-dosing doesnt do the trick either, used to give me quite bad headaches

Somebody on here accidentally took around 1.5g when he was already off his tits if i recall

Christ I really hope he had benzo's, called 911, or vomited. This was the closest thing to an overdose I've ever had, and it was scary as hell.

The first 2 i think. he was drunk and weighed 1.5g instead of 150mg, or something like that. makes me cringe thinking about that. hes fine now though thank fuck

Somebody else i know has gone through alot over several days and ended up blacking out. i've been quite dizzy on it before after quite alot through a day. that ceiling euphoria gets less and less as time goes on as well, eventually the stuff almost stops working all together. nice but unreliable

eitherway everybody reacts differently, go to an emergency room

I just had another seizure. I'm fucking worried, what is going on!? My heart just started racing again too!

Please go to hospital...dial 911 (I think that's the number in the states...I'm in England). Please I'm very worried.

I can't. My parents can't know about this... Is there any way this will go away on its own?! The seizure was a lot less intense this time too...