• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Numbness In Thumb

ATLL765

Bluelighter
Long story short. Got really drunk and shot coke all night. Being as drunk as I was, I was less than accurate with the needle. Believe I missed a shot and this caused my thumb to become numb. Figured it'd go away after a week or so.

Well, it's been about two now without any perceivable improvement.

Should I be concerned? Is there anything to do other than sit, wait, and hope?

Do you have any other symptoms?

At this point, I think it's a good idea to get it checked out by a doc if you can

No. Just that I've lost sensation in my thumb. I have other injuries to the same hand from recent fights, so I'm unsure if that may have contributed to this though. It's possible I broke my hand about a month ago as my hand has been swollen since then, but I never had it checked by a doctor or x-rayed or anything like that, so I'm not sure if it's anything not than a bad sprain.

However, my hand is still very tender, especially when I try to move my index finger side to side and a tiny bit so when I make a fist.

In that case, it could really be any number of things. I would definitely see a doctor. You might also try taking a heavy regimen of antiinflammatories, like ibupfrofen, which might help if it's just an inflammation problem related to your hand injury

It's probably a bit late in the game to be bringing a doctor in. If I had broken my hand, it's now already healed to where there's no correcting any issues is not possible. I just thought the numbness would've subsided by now, but godly it's just a pinched nerve in my wrist that occurred sure to the cocaine use and it'll eventually just kind of go away on its own eventually.

I totally understand numbness after a missed shot of coke, but i highly doubt there is any way that it would persist any longer than the night in question. Cocaine simply doesn't last that long. It's gotta be something else altogether. The coke wouldn't even beer in your system anymore let alone still be having effects

That's why I think the missed shot might have caused swelling in my wrist and hand, which was already swollen due to prior injuries, and pinched a nerve. I can't think of any other way I'd lose sensation in my thumb for so long.

That's why I think the missed shot might have caused swelling in my wrist and hand, which was already swollen due to prior injuries, and pinched a nerve. I can't think of any other way I'd lose sensation in my thumb for so long.
This could be serious though right?

I mean, sort of. There's nothing you can really do for a pinched nerve. I've had it happen before where I pinched a nerve in my shoulder. You kind of just have to wait it out and hope it eventually frees itself. There's nothing else to do for it really other than maybe put a brace on to immobilize the joint.

I should've gone to get my hand examined even I thought I broke it. I just didn't think it was that bad. It's just that now it's been nearly a month where it's still swollen and painful when I move my index finger.