• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Numbness from all the different -caines

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Just out of curioisity is the numbness caused by all the different -caines and other agents used in cutting cocaine basically the same? All other things being equal that is?

I am not proposing you could guess what you have but are there degrees of difference with some things just numbing your gums for 20 minutes and other things paralysing your face all night on the same basis weight-for-weight?

I have no actual answer, but you may be on the right track with them all using some degree of anaesthetic.

Not really sure, but when I have good cocaine, the numbness in my mouth or face does not come on immediately. With good cocaine, you will get delayed numbness usually around 4-7 min and it's not an overwhelming numbness, it's an enjoyable numbness. When you get bad or cut cocaine you will feel the numbness come on fast (almost immediately) and very overwhelmingly strong. Which is an indicator it has been but with a caine, usually lidocaine or benzocaine... not enjoyable at all.

Last edited:
Just out of curioisity is the numbness caused by all the different -caines and other agents used in cutting cocaine basically the same? All other things being equal that is?

I am not proposing you could guess what you have but are there degrees of difference with some things just numbing your gums for 20 minutes and other things paralysing your face all night on the same basis weight-for-weight?
Actually, they aren't the same. Dealers who are just getting started selling a substance may employ a cutting agent to heighten the high in order to entice people to buy from them. Once consumers are hooked, dealers employ less strong cutting agents, resulting in a lower high from a dose, prompting them to buy more from the dealers to achieve the same high.

It's the -caine that causes the numbness. All -caines are local anaesthetics. Is this not general knowledge? Or am I misunderstanding the question?

It's the -caine that causes the numbness. All -caines are local anaesthetics. Is this not general knowledge? Or am I misunderstanding the question?
Yes. Cocaine is cut with various numbing -caines. The question is whether there is a perceptible difference between any of them. Or is the numbing feeling experienced from one —caine the same experience as that from any other -caine?

Yes. Cocaine is cut with various numbing -caines. The question is whether there is a perceptible difference between any of them. Or is the numbing feeling experienced from one —caine the same experience as that from any other -caine?
Oh I see what you're asking now, lol sorry 😄

It’s not going to be perceptible tbh.

Numbing means nothing , good coke to me looks oily in the cooker and the powder has a kerosene,diesel fuel type taste and smell to it

Numbing means nothing , good coke to me looks oily in the cooker and the powder has a kerosene,diesel fuel type taste and smell to it
Well coke was used for local anesthesia.
But I have never understood people getting good coke and complaining about no numbness.
"My night was ruined, I didn't get numb lips"

One thing I like to add is if you're lucky enough to get a piece of a brick in your bag than you have to be super careful.
0.1g and 0.1g from the same bag can be big difference in potenty. Having a scale is not gonna help you there.
Last time I got that shit I drove to a hospital and parked the car in a short distance.

"Any plans tonight"?
"Yeah driving nearby a hospital paranoid as fuck to shoot coke and hope I'll live"

This is really kind of on the borderline in terms of being of harm reduction value. Like a lot of questions on here, it's interesting and I personally would like to know the answer, but I'm sure it's all terribly complicated. I'm also sure that all of the analogs of Cocaine like Novocaine, Procaine, Benzocaine et al have varying degrees of numbing effect, even if it's a slight difference.

I'm not really sure what the value is in this thread, can someone enlighten me, otherwise I'm gonna have to close it up regrettably.

This is really kind of on the borderline in terms of being of harm reduction value. Like a lot of questions on here, it's interesting and I personally would like to know the answer, but I'm sure it's all terribly complicated. I'm also sure that all of the analogs of Cocaine like Novocaine, Procaine, Benzocaine et al have varying degrees of numbing effect, even if it's a slight difference.

I'm not really sure what the value is in this thread, can someone enlighten me, otherwise I'm gonna have to close it up regrettably.
They definitely do have varying degrees of numbness. You just wouldn’t be able to tell which “-Caine” coke has been cut with.

The only thing I’m seeing cocaine being cut with majorly now is levamisole and thats the UK and Europe.

Flick it to DC instead