• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nucynta/Tapentadol Megathread and FAQ-All Nucynta threads will be Merged here!

some studies on rats claimed a difference of up to 500x which sounds super unlikely.

Well if oral is 30% than that would mean 15 000% BA snorted and would change our views about physics and biology for sure. Tho something that’s 500x times snorted is within reality as we know it (even infinitely stronger, if you think 0 can be blown up by ∞, for something that’s not active orally), over 100% BA certainly isn’t...

Well if oral is 30% than that would mean 15 000% BA snorted and would change our views about physics and biology for sure. Tho something that’s 500x times snorted is within reality as we know it (even infinitely stronger, if you think 0 can be blown up by ∞, for something that’s not active orally), over 100% BA certainly isn’t...
trying to find the study again though it seems i may have been thinking of tramadol
either way it was relative bio-availability, relative to what i am not sure, i was assuming oral administration but even then i dont understnad how they landed on this conclusion mathematically let alone in terms of biology

if it was tramadol i was thinking of then what is even stranger is that intranasal ROA would prevent it from being metabolized into odsmt

"The relative bioavailabilities of the nasal- and buccal-administered drug when compared with the oral route were 504.8% and 183.4%, respectively, which is much higher than that of oral administration"

After careful consideration it’s decided that substance with BA over 100% with certain taxonomy can be considered. Given substance is ingested as base and in stomach creates HCl salt and further down the drain uses MAO substrate to create something with MAO A or B as part of given skeleton producing compound that accumulates in livers fat and from there is metabolized by liver enzymes in a compound capable of crossing blood brain barrier.

"The relative bioavailabilities of the nasal- and buccal-administered drug when compared with the oral route were 504.8% and 183.4%, respectively, which is much higher than that of oral administration"

Cool mindfuck, thanks for posting that.

I hope someone will enlighten us on this.

O I read it wrong. So that simply means that oral BA was less than 20% orally in given case. 500% compared to oral route doesn’t mean 500x more, 100% more would simply mean double of something by used math.

Also, is anyone aware of a ceiling dose with tapentadol?
i know they recommend not exceeding roughly 600mg per day but i was curious as to what point dosing more becomes irrelevant
I've found using Tapentadol intrarectally results in the best recreational effects

I'm not sure their is a ceiling dose. Rather the negative adverse side effects become far more pronounced when taking doses higher than 600mg a day. With the severity of the adverse effects increasing the more you take.