• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids NOW I get it, casual opiate user - NO such thing.

Really? I don't know, man. My girlfriend and I snort dope pretty regularly, and I wouldn't say we have a problem with it. It's true that if there's more in front of me, I will definitely do it, but if it's not or if we can't afford it, then we don't. I would say that we sniff half a bag to one full bag each every day, usually at the end of the day after work and when we're winding down. When we can afford it, then yeah, we'll buy a bundle and rip through three or four bags each. But that's not very often anymore.

You are a liar...sorry man, I've been down this road before and have known people just like you.

I think it's difficult to use recreationally....It can be done though, but in reality it's only a matter of time. Once your brain gets gets that taste, it's difficult to get over it and not want that again.

You are a liar...sorry man, I've been down this road before and have known people just like you.

I think it's difficult to use recreationally....It can be done though, but in reality it's only a matter of time. Once your brain gets gets that taste, it's difficult to get over it and not want that again.

Uh... I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this exactly. No? No, I'm not a liar? Everything I've said is true, and I have no reason to lie on an online message board?

But hey, I can understand why you'd be upset. I mean, you can't handle your dope. It's that simple. It's all right, though, and it's nothing to cry over. You can't handle your dope, and that's all there is to it. :)

Lol. 2-3 days per week is not "casual"

You got lucky enough by getting a dealer for a doctor, then you cry over withdrawals? That's for you to worry about. Nobody forced you to take the script for those pills. You're old enough to understand the repercussions of your own actions.

Uh... I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this exactly. No? No, I'm not a liar? Everything I've said is true, and I have no reason to lie on an online message board?

But hey, I can understand why you'd be upset. I mean, you can't handle your dope. It's that simple. It's all right, though, and it's nothing to cry over. You can't handle your dope, and that's all there is to it. :)

Haha :D

Flyboy: I have some criticisms of your post and tips for next time. It's extremely unlikely that I'll re-visit this page, so you can either learn from your mistakes, and take my sincere advice, or you can call me a name (which I won't see) in order to, uh, i dunno, I guess maybe protect your ego.

We all know that only poopy-faces call other people bad names. Seriously though, it isn't nice, and it often reflects worse on you then the person you're insulting. Calling people mean names when trying to prove a point severely hurts your argument (OPENING your post with an ad hominem attack is especially hollow). Contradicting yourself nonstop isn't very persuasive either; I couldn't even tell which side you were on half the time, which is kinda weak considering your post was only a few sentences.

"I think it's difficult to use recreationally....It can be done though," OK, so you think it's very hard - but possible - to use occasionally on weekends or whatever without getting really hooked and messing up your life. but in reality it's only a matter of time. Oh wait, OK, so I guess you think it's inevitable that casual use will always turn heavy and seriously hooked. Gotcha. "Once your brain gets gets that taste, it's difficult to get over it and not want that again." Ok, see the problem here? Choose your words carefully. Difficult != impossible.

EXAMPLE

A much better way to basically say the same thing without calling names or making several back-to-back contradictions:

"It's extremely hard to stay casual with that stuff, the pull of mental and physical cravings are just so strong, I bet almost every single 'casual' user becomes a full addict in time. I'm not calling you a liar (that would be silly, I don't even know you!), but be careful - you're playing a very risky game."

Look, I mostly agree with your post, and I don't mean to give you a hard time, but you boldly (and rudely) state he's a liar, and your proof is that you knew some dudes who started recreationally but then got hooked. That's a bad argument. Imagine if someone told you that you can always get free candy at vending machines if you give the machine a little bump because he bumped it once and candy fell out. I doubt you'd believe them. And if someone else claimed candy didn't fall out, then the first guy shouldn't immediately call him a liar.

Here check out the exchange that happened before you posted:

"I agree, maybe not so much with other opiates but with heroin ive never seen someone use it on some sort of regular basis and not have a serious problem with it."

"Really? I don't know, man. My girlfriend and I snort dope pretty regularly, and I wouldn't say we have a problem with it."

Isn't that better?

Verso,

how old are you and how long has this been going on? If you're middle aged or older and have always been doing this, I'm impressed with your willpower, but if not, the kind of use you're talking about is how most people I know, including myself, started, and we all ended up hooked, battling withdrawal, etc... I know it's soooo fucking hard to stop when it's all good, but if you stop now, you're probably saving yourself from a lot of fucking pain down the road... just my two cents. And good call on not using needles :)

IT did take me almost 10 years and a few nasty withdrawals, but now i will use casually because WITHDRAWALS are not worth it at all so I will not use daily, plus tolerance also makes it not worthwhile, and for me casual is once a week tops more like twice a month.

People need to quit assuming because THEY are a person who cannot control it that no one can because... well thats bullshit. drugs get just as boring as partners and you drop them like bad habits. OPIATE/OPOID WDs were a bitch, but I dont wanna waste my money daily to end up sick, just not worth it. dont believe it, so what not my problem. anyways it is possible to be a chipper/casual, usually happens after heavy addiction or not having access IMO.

end rant

I just want to point out that this thread is the reason I love Bluelight. To me this is a perfect thread because it contains every element of interest: a compelling topic I can relate to on some level, a variety of positions elicited, an interesting side topic that relates to the original but exists as it's own entity, drama by way of thoughtless language, and a thorough schooling for the careless poster as well as a gentle warning to the original post. All done with largely well thought out and articulate language. And a serious helping of harm reduction to boot. No other drug board has that that I know of.

As for me, my first ride with opiates left me in heavy withdrawal and while I still partake, I decided to keep the monkey as a pet to remind myself what it's like to hurt a lot.

Verso,

how old are you and how long has this been going on? If you're middle aged or older and have always been doing this, I'm impressed with your willpower, peoplenot, the kind of use you're talking about is how most people I know, including myself, started, and we all ended up hooked, battling withdrawal, etc... I know it's soooo fucking hard to stop when it's all good, but if you stop now, you're probably saving yourself from a lot of fucking pain down the road... just my two cents. And good call on not using needles :)

Hey thanks for the kind words and support. I'm twenty-three, and I've been using opiates pretty regularly for a few years now, dope for almost two years. It's not that I think I'm invincible, and to be honest, had I known then what I do now, it's very likely I would have given dope a much longer second thought. But at any rate, I think I'm lucky, not invincible, and dumb luck is not exactly something to be proud of. I honestly do believe that heroin is just not the one for me, and so I have an easier time with it. I like it, and I like it a lot, but not nearly as much as I like uppers and stimulants. I would say that stimulants are my vice, and what a dark place that once was... yikes...

Last edited:
Quoted from Blackie123
As for me, my first ride with opiates left me in heavy withdrawal and while I still partake, I decided to keep the monkey as a pet to remind myself what it's like to hurt a lot.

That is absolutely the best thing Ive heard to describe it ..... even though I only partake occasionally Ive kept my monkey to remind me of the pain, only because im human and I enjoy pain to a certain point, that which doesnt kill me makes me stronger. :D

Being the "original poster" and now having the perspective that a mere 10 days has given me since my journey to what I consider my version of hell........my closing remarks (hopefully) are simple, based on a fraction of the experience of those who came before me and are given with NO judgement.

Yes, I feel relieved and physically better than I've felt even at the peak of the "good times" and just flushed my stash of 120 percs down the ol' toilet. Like I said in the original post, guess I just don't have the kahunas, energy and most importantly, a no questions asked doc to fill my hands with whatever legal amount of opiates and adderall I could ever PREVIOUSLY have wanted.

But this site is a god sent.....I randomly and anonymously roamed around for about the last 6 months because even though I was inexperienced in the world of mixing opiates & adderall, I'm not a fucking idiot so I just kept waiting and wondering when it was all gonna come crashing down.

AND crash it did.....so peace out to all of you who may at this very moment be "roaming", to those of you who have a handle on their drug of choice use, and most importantly to those who desperately wanna stop.

Haha :D

Flyboy: I have some criticisms of your post and tips for next time. It's extremely unlikely that I'll re-visit this page, so you can either learn from your mistakes, and take my sincere advice, or you can call me a name (which I won't see) in order to, uh, i dunno, I guess maybe protect your ego.

We all know that only poopy-faces call other people bad names. Seriously though, it isn't nice, and it often reflects worse on you then the person you're insulting. Calling people mean names when trying to prove a point severely hurts your argument (OPENING your post with an ad hominem attack is especially hollow). Contradicting yourself nonstop isn't very persuasive either; I couldn't even tell which side you were on half the time, which is kinda weak considering your post was only a few sentences.

"I think it's difficult to use recreationally....It can be done though," OK, so you think it's very hard - but possible - to use occasionally on weekends or whatever without getting really hooked and messing up your life. but in reality it's only a matter of time. Oh wait, OK, so I guess you think it's inevitable that casual use will always turn heavy and seriously hooked. Gotcha. "Once your brain gets gets that taste, it's difficult to get over it and not want that again." Ok, see the problem here? Choose your words carefully. Difficult != impossible.

EXAMPLE

A much better way to basically say the same thing without calling names or making several back-to-back contradictions:

"It's extremely hard to stay casual with that stuff, the pull of mental and physical cravings are just so strong, I bet almost every single 'casual' user becomes a full addict in time. I'm not calling you a liar (that would be silly, I don't even know you!), but be careful - you're playing a very risky game."

Look, I mostly agree with your post, and I don't mean to give you a hard time, but you boldly (and rudely) state he's a liar, and your proof is that you knew some dudes who started recreationally but then got hooked. That's a bad argument. Imagine if someone told you that you can always get free candy at vending machines if you give the machine a little bump because he bumped it once and candy fell out. I doubt you'd believe them. And if someone else claimed candy didn't fall out, then the first guy shouldn't immediately call him a liar.

Here check out the exchange that happened before you posted:

"I agree, maybe not so much with other opiates but with heroin ive never seen someone use it on some sort of regular basis and not have a serious problem with it."

"Really? I don't know, man. My girlfriend and I snort dope pretty regularly, and I wouldn't say we have a problem with it."

Isn't that better?

Verso,

how old are you and how long has this been going on? If you're middle aged or older and have always been doing this, I'm impressed with your willpower, but if not, the kind of use you're talking about is how most people I know, including myself, started, and we all ended up hooked, battling withdrawal, etc... I know it's soooo fucking hard to stop when it's all good, but if you stop now, you're probably saving yourself from a lot of fucking pain down the road... just my two cents. And good call on not using needles :)

Dude, chill out man. I was just calling the kid out, because he fits the exact profile of someone who is attached to (either mentally or physically) to opiates. You don't have to get your panties in a wad. I'm just stating how I feel. You obviously can relate as well. It's all good we ARE on a drug forum, and none of would be on this forum if we all didn't have some form of attachement or fascination to a particular drug or drugs in general.

Anybody who has been to hell and back with opiates wouldn't touch them again. That's how I feel anyways with heroin.. day 6.. bleh!

I, myself have been addicted to opiates since I was 17. Started with a car wreck. Got hit by a drunk driving on the wrong side of the road with his headlights off@ 2am. Suicide mission maybe Idk. But it worked if that's what he was planning... anywho. I WALKED away with some severed lips from eating the pipe I was smoking and the steering wheel breaking on my face. Some broken teeth and a "screwed up back". @ the hospital they gave me the morphine drip..... that's all it took I was hooked.. sent me home w a bunch of percs and back to the bowl I went... end result I milked the back "injury" got a script of roxs and went to the needle. Got "smart" and figured it was cheaper and better to ride the horse, and my friend told me that once u try heroin from here-on-in ur life's fucked.... and it was for about 3 years.. im 23 now been to rehab and been clean on and off for the last yr and a half.. I still partake every once in a great while but can't afford to be getting sick... now when I look back I see alot of things I could have done differently but I probably wouldn't of. I like who I am and not ashamed of anything I've done. It made me, me! All I can say is that god loves us, even if u don't he does. Even us pos druggies that the world thinks is worthless.
Sorry for the horrible grammar and punkuation lol.. I am a junky so plz forgive me..

Last edited:
ive used opiates for 3 years about once a month at the very most, they're nice but not that nice.

I was just calling the kid out, because he fits the exact profile of someone who is attached to (either mentally or physically) to opiates.

But there was no reason for it. Is it so hard for you to imagine that, as with alcohol, some people can handle the substance while others cannot? You have the occasional drinker (only at parties or special occasions), the casual drinker (only after work and with friends), and then the alcoholic. Why is it impossible for this to be true with heroin?

Respectfully, I am totally with FlyBoy.

If I had a buck for every time I've heard the old: "I use occasionally, but it's all under control"...

I suppose that theoretically it is possible for someone to use opiates without developing an attachment. But ordinarily, this sort of person is not using in the way Verso described. You said you're using practically every day (I think?) and that you like it alot. In my view you must already be on thin ice.

I think there is something fundamentally different about opiates, as compared to other drugs, at least in the case of someone who feels an attachment to them, as it seems Verso does. I really hope you're right and I'm wrong!

Also I feel I should add that 'weakness' or not being able to 'handle' one's opiates has nothing to do with this discussion. The salient point - which someone else raised - is that, when the times are good, we become kings in our own self deception. We aren't thinking "shit, I should really quit, but I just can't", not yet anyway. We are thinking "shit, this is great, I'm the first person to ever integrate opiates into a functional life!". In this way there is no question of will-power or strength, not to my mind anyway.

It seems with these things that honesty only ever begins to operate retrospectively. I know that in my case no amount of discussion or insight was able to move me from my purpose - which was to get high - until I saw and felt for myself how fucking destructive opiates can be.

Fuck that doctor he's a piece of shit. You don't prescribe adderal for weight loss. I think adderal is just as bad as the rest of the scripts out there. Shit is nasty.

The majority of opiate users I know are casual users.

Quoted for truth. And the majority of opiate users that I don't know probably are as well! IME, opiates provide such a deep and intense trip that I couldn't possibly use them two days in a row.

I've only heard about these "casual" opiate user on internet forums.

I call it the foundation of an addiction.

I've never seen anyone stay "casual" after they started off small, like tabs, etc. Always turns into a full blown addiction eventually. You're not fooling anyone but yourselves.