Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Novel aryclyclohexamine (2F-NENDCK) found in Australia

Didgital

Moderator: PD
Staff member
Surprised no has mentioned this yet, but a somewhat recent article is claiming that a novel arylcyclohexamine 2-fluoro-2-oxo-pce has been detected in Cranbera, Australia.

I dont really love the nomenclature but it was originally called 2F-NENDCK which presumably stands for 2-Fluoro-N-ethyl-nor-deschloroketamine??
Because it was discovered in Canbera, its also acquired the nick name of CanKet which I'm not definitely not in love with.

It can easily be described as a positional isomer of FXE, which is 3-fluro-2-oxo-PCE.

Initial reports on reddit are vague but seem to suggest it's closer in effect to ketamine than FXE, which i was a little surprised about.

Does anyone else find it strange that a new NPS pops up with pretty much zero mention on the internet? Is it possible they've made a mistake?

(Chemical structure)

Two most logical explanations to me:

1) This came from the original supplier of FXE and that "FXE" is actually 2-fluoro-2-oxo-pce.

2) This lab is wrong and the sample is actually FXE.

What are the odds that a nearly identical isomer of FXE is released secretly in Australia while a chinese lab is producing large amounts of FXE at the same time?

Good point, it's entirely possible that this article or the lab got it wrong. After all, it's the same number of atoms

The only logical explanation I could think of to explain this is that the precursor to make this is the same precursor needed to make 2F-DCK and maybe a lab had an excess.

Otherwise yeah I'm still pretty suspicious.

Yeah, my nose says both are the same compound. I guess some lab analisys is needed

The testing service used NMR, which is quite easily able to distinguish positional isomers like this, especially if the substance is over 90% purity. Therefore I would expect this is a genuine discovery.

As to why on earth this substance has surfaced, I'm not sure. N-Ethyl-norketamine/NENK (the chloro analogue) was complete garbage compared to ketamine, so it would be reasonable to expect this to be garbage compared to 2F-DCK.

Do keep in mind that the Australian drug market is pretty weird. They had a detection of a mixture of 4-FA and 25I-NBOMe together a couple of years ago.

Edit: This article by the scientists lays out the exact investigative process. Based on the description I cannot believe it has been misidentified, there is even an allusion to the examination of NMR coupling patterns to determine the exact structure.

Last edited:
This compound was recently identified by a recent drugs data submission. I cant find a link, but it was shown in a recent Erowid instagram post

An NMR would obviously spot the position of the -F. But without it, how would they have ever detected FXE in the first place?

drugsdata.org has updated all of their FXE analysis recently.
A reference standard was just implemented earlier this year.

Its strange there is not more info on 2-fluoro-2-oxo-PCE. However I have found a fondness with this chemical. Anyone have other information about this chemical to share?

Its strange there is not more info on 2-fluoro-2-oxo-PCE. However I have found a fondness with this chemical. Anyone have other information about this chemical to share?
All info you find on FXE is about the 2-Fluoro. It has been misrepresented as FXE (3-fluoro).

All info you find on FXE is about the 2-Fluoro. It has been misrepresented as FXE (3-fluoro).

Honestly i dont get it, why wouldnt the Chinese just tell us its 2-fluoro-2-oxo-PCE from the jump. Id still of bought the stuff its a great drug IMO. But that being said now im super curious about what actual FXE is like and hope that someone makes that eventually as well. Maybe one of the EU labs that are more trustworthy then the Chinese obviously. They really messed up all the information thats out there about FXE now, we literally have years worth of reporting thats off.

😮

wtf, that's wild!

it would be reasonable to expect this to be garbage compared to 2F-DCK.
i disagree... it seems there are often surprises around the corner when it comes to disso s.a.r.;

and so far, the PCE backbone ACHs seem to mostly be winners...

aside from 2-chloro-2'-oxo-PCE, apparently.

AAAAAND, are we even 100% sure that what was sold as "NENK" was actually 2-cl-2'-oxo-PCE?!?!

I still don't know why the above hasn't been made. A couple of years after Parke Davis patented ketamine, they devoted and entire (British) patent to this one compound. Now as everyone knows, patents are costly and so generally speaking that almost every patent registering novel compounds will seek to cover all of the possible homologues so as well as the N-ethyl, they would also make and patent the N-methyl. If they produce the 5-methoxy, why not the 5-ethoxy and if they produce the 2-chloro then why not the 2-fluoro?

But for whatever reason, they invested in a patent for a single chemical. That a US-based team working for a US-based company chose to have a GB patent issued but not a US patent is unexpected.

My theory is that they discovered some unique effect and/or unique advantage and wanted to ensure the STRONGEST legal protection possible (the smaller the scope of the patent, the stronger the claim on the compound(s) covered). So I think they wanted to further research this compound but not to make other US companies aware... that is total speculation on my part but I cannot think of a better reason.

Amazingly even PubChem fails to recognise the compound but I have added the GB patent number to a previous discussion of K homologues and while I don't know WHY Parke Davis was so keen to ensure they controlled the intellectual rights to the above compound but they spent a LOT of money to do so suggesting that they found something.

This is very strange and confusing. Should someone update the big & dandy FXE thread? Since there seems to not have been any confirmed analysis on real FXE...