• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

nothing to urgent but (lsa containing seeds)

Interesting, I was just assuming that the same endogenous rhodanese was working in both experiments 2 and 3 and that perhaps the thiosulfates were just more readily available to absorption. But there being potential rhodanese present in the plants may just take care of that difference.

Looking forward to hear more results.

LSA would be shredded by the heat before the cyanogenic glycosides. Lysergamides are notoriously vulnerable to degradation,.

I was just searching to find which enzyme catalyzes peptide bonding (amide-->di-amide) and i stumbled upon something quite interesting. Now, i have always believed in lsa succeptibilty to heat, just by "word-of-net", but now i wonder.

http://www.answers.com/topic/amide

^^^Carboxylic acids have high boiling points.
Lsa is a carboxylic acid.
I guess a low heat extraction may actually be possible.
This makes sense too,from experience- when MG's are left in CWE for a really long time without any vit c or citric acid, it will start to smell funky. Paranoia of contaminates always leads to it being boiled in a pot for a couple min after the initial boiling begins.
It has ALWAYS been an effective trip.
Still puked, but HWE with boiling garlic will be another test to be tried.
I think people underestimate the effectiveness of HWE opposed to CWE.

RECAP and slight modification

1)Lsa from hbwr was CWE'd along with 500mg vitamin c (was extracted for 5 hours instead of 4.5 and 20 seeds were used instead of 15)
2)After 5 hours a nug of garlic was sliced, diced, and chopsueyed to smitherines and added to the CWE.
3)This was shaken periodically thru/ the next 30 min.
4)Bc the only thing at disposal was tangerines, four or five of those sweet little bastards were pulperized in a cup.
5)CWE was strained into a cup using a tea strainer.(some ask, why not use a paper filter? Others say, whadya think, lsa grows on trees??)
6)The pulperized tangerine juice was strained through the tea strainer into the cup of CWE.
7)Contents were properly disposed of.

Results

Wow. All i have to say about the taste was that it was really, really, and i mean really... quite surprising.
Now im gangsta when it comes to these things and if tastes horribly pukifying then so be it.
But it must have been the combination of flavors from the tangerine juice, hbwr and garlic bc it had a totally new flavor.
Imagine fresh cucumber juice with a hint of watered down tomato juice.
The tangerine flavor was absolutely undetectable.
And the garlic gave a nice soft hint of gardeny touch.
Now hbwr and MG CWE have always gave me nausea the second i take in a mouthful.
Even with using lemonade or other mixes, it seemed the seed-yucky flavor always poked through.
So it's quite possible the garlic took away or masked the flavor.
The drink was finished in 3 extremely pleasant gulps.
And now it has been almost 3.5 hours.
There has been no vomiting.
There has not been any nausea whatsoever.

In conclusion, my findings are that:

1) Cyanogenic glycosides are responsible for the nausea caused by lsa extraction
a)on a related note, perhaps those who are immune to the nausea of lsa
yet still trip, are ones whose dietary intake consists of high sulfur foods.
2) Garlic eaten before consuming CWE prevents vomiting, YET may still cause an extremely mild and fading nausea, almost unnoticable.
3) Garlic diced and ADDED into the CWE for at least 30 min disables all cyanogenic glycosides and eliminates and prevents nausea completely.

Thank you all who have took the time to read this.
Please post your results if you decide to try this method.
Soak your seeds longer though, i was strapped for time so i managed 5 hours.
Personally when time is not an issue i CWE for 8hr+

What i didnt add bc it had not happened until after i had written ^^^all that, was that for the first time ever, i had audio hallucinations.
In the same way that visuals can make an existing object look different, existing/occuring sounds became different.
Yes, i was freaking out to the slightest sound/noise.
Lysergic Acid Thiosulfide, anyone?

Trial #2

1) CWE for 60 hours-ingredients:

-50 HBWR (powdered)
-one nug of garlic (chopped n diced)
-1,500 mg of ascorbic acid

2) One fresh orange was juiced and put into a cup.

3) CgWE wa strained into the cup of orange juice

4) Two extremely pleasant gulps have been taken so far.

5) Everything has been properly disposed of; ten minutes have passed start to
finish.

*will check back in, in an hour.*

Trial #2

1) CWE for 60 hours-ingredients:

-50 HBWR (powdered)
-one nug of garlic (chopped n diced)
-1,500 mg of ascorbic acid

2) One fresh orange was juiced and put into a cup.

3) CgWE wa strained into the cup of orange juice

4) Two extremely pleasant gulps have been taken so far.

5) Everything has been properly disposed of; ten minutes have passed start to
finish.

*will check back in, in an hour.*

30 min after finishing CgWE, another CgWE of 20 hbwr was taken.

1.5 hours have passed since first CgWE was disposed of.

Effects are slowly beginning to be felt(should be about another 30 min til the certainty of the trip begins.

It's been 1.5 hours and CgWE with 70 hbwr later and:

-0% vomiting
-0% nausea/cramps/other

I may or may not check back in bc:
Gastric problems have always become noticable within the first 30 min of any standard CWE.
It's been over 1.5 hours and still everythings good.
My first trial i knew after 30 min that i was good.
This 2nd trial here, i knew within the first 10 min it was going to be all good.
And so, i may venture off on some spiritual journey.
Oh yeah, its def kicking in.

RESULTS

This second trial involving (wow do you guys have any idea how much im effing up these sentences right now? lol) with a CgWE proved successful.
The 1st trial was done using 20 seeds.
This trial (2nd) was to see if decreasing the amount of cyanide in an lsa extract,
could set a new tolerable upper limit for lsa.
Therefore, i chose to use 70 seeds with complete certainty of positive results.
Trial 1 and trial 2 were similar if not identical in results-

Complete and total abscence of any gastric symptoms typically associated with lsa extracts.
The difference being the 20 hbwr compared to the 70 this time.
Now if you will excuse me,
I have some very important rocky theme music to listen to...
...nausea free.

I have yet to decide what the next experiment will consist of.
Please stay tuned if interested.
I'd also like to hear some of anyones results if/when they try this.

brb,e

with my previous experience on these seeds i wasnt sick. i think most likely because i didnt eat for a day. I did think that the motilium tablet i ate before hand might have stopped the said sickness. this is my second experience with the same amount of seeds. so nothing to worry about really. its just that i feel nauseous and need to be sick but am not sure weather i should be sick now and waste some of the seeds?( i am fully coming up) or be sick further on and possibly ruin the trip. Help would be greatly appreciated

if you need to get sick, let it happen, it feels great! usually when i get sick from lsa i come up a lot more straight after, dont be worried about wasting seeds.

^Either let it happen or smoke some cannabis to reduce the nausea. Feeling sick is pretty normal with LSA containing seeds (they're Morning Glory, right?) so it's just part of the game.

Smoking weed with improve the experience most likely anyway. Good luck!

Go for an indica if you can, those are better for increasing your appetite, also sativas can cause a little paranoia. It's all up to you though.

Do a cold water extraction for 1 hour, it reduces the nausea tremendously. You have to use about double the amount of seeds but it's worth it in my opinion.

i found not eating for the day on my first experience with Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds helped aswell. once I'd fully come up and my mate had arrived I felt really good. Not sick at all.

Merged together some threads on this and will change title later.

Combining the information it may actually be true that both the cyanoglycosides on the outside of the seeds can make you nauseous and ALSO the LSA's themselves for the reason Fastandbulbous gives. It's the best answer I have for the accounts that report cold water extractions being helpful but not a complete cure.

As for the question on vomiting: a couple of things are that generally vomiting is not something you want to do if it can be helped because it is bad for your eusophagus and teeth, on the other hand it IS usually a relief for feeling nausea. It also matters when you do it, if it is very quickly then you can lose the active compounds in the seeds and have less of a trip. If you wait long enough they will have already been absorbed.
Doing a CWE is probably not a bad idea at all and it has few downsides except for the (small) effort. Taking drugs against nausea might not be the best idea and they may not even work depending on the mechanism that causes the nausea.

hey Lady's & Dude's i was wondering if you were to crack the hawaiian woodrose seeds and take out the inner kerna then crush that in to a powder. And then smoke that powder would it do anything? or hurt anything?

Last edited:
hey Lady's & Dude's i was wondering if you were to crack the hawaiian woodrose seeds and take out the inner kerna then crush that in to a powder. And then smoke that powder would it do anything? or hurt anything?

I've never attempted to smoke any LSA containing substance, but the word of mouth everywhere is that you can't trip from smoking it in crystal or seed form.

That info about the garlic's chemical interactions with the CWE is fuckin intense..! :) (PG 2)

Anyone else have exp with this, or anything to add regarding the chemistry involved...? I'm super interested.