• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norcos and the best way to get high

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I had my heart fail because of meth use and it caused very bad nerve damage to my feet. I get four Norco a day but it's not enough. I take them every 4 hours. But I rermenter I used to take just one and I could feel it and I find my self wanting to take two at once. Is this something to bring up to my doctor? I want to enjoy my life and to tell you the truth the pains way worse then the amount of pills I get. I can't complain i thank God I found this pain clinic I never knew about them. But what would the cost be of taking two at once twice daily instead of one every four hours because maybe my problems I need more pain medication and it'll last longer like six hours of I take two. Does any of this make sense?

This is just my personal opinion but I would probably get more benefit from taking more less frequently than less more frequently.

I do not live with pain, though.

This also might be a really bad idea and could lead to much more psychological addiction.

I'm just telling you what I would do if I had a script for norco.

Again this might be terrible advice... Well it's not even advice it's just what I would do as a former heroin addict.

Thanks for the thoughts . I think I agree. I'll let you know how it goes. I let my mom hold my pills I leaned that in a. a. along time ago, so it's not like I can take more then one days worth at once plus I feel like taking pills all day long is making me more used to them. I just started walking again and I'm trying so hard to return to my old job. I got hit by a truck 3 years ago. I right taking pain pills would get me back to normal but it helps a lot less then I thought it would. But it does help. I just wish the doctors still have out oxycottin or morphine but Norco is what I got so I got to make this work. Thanks again.

If you are in pain and the medication isn't addressing it I'd talk to your doctor.

Yes the best way to get high is to take more at once of course but i wouldn't recommend that as they are pretty short lasting. You might wind up waking up in withdrawal.

Sorry to hear about the truck that sounds pretty awful.

Yea then I had heart failer from meth use which cause all kinds of nerve damage and that's what I take the pills for. The problem of pain is I think I'm at the max I can get off norcos, also I have only been sober a year and only taking norcos for two months now and I'm only now getting treatment for all the damage meth did. So I will bring it up to my doctor but I don't expect her to be able to help me anymore. I can say that getting sober has been very hard this time, I mean I thought I missed smoking and drinking but nothing compares to meth. I sometimes take a couple pills together and I miss that feeling, that warm feeling. Mind you I used to take ten norcos at a time ten years ago so managing four pills has been very hard for me. I just keep wanting more and I always seem to have more pain. I wonder all the time if it's just addiction but then again I have ekgs that show my nerves are bad in my feet. So I dunno. It's all confusing I just keep sober i don't think I can start using meth or popping pills like I used to and quit again. Thanks for the information. I'll use my common sense abs when I decide I'll update this thread or if I have anything to add.

If your in Neuropathic pain (nerve pain) then you'd probably get better pain relief from a Gabapentinoid like Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica). Don't take this the wrong way but I find the use of Opioids for nerve pain inappropriate and controversial. If the Norcos are really helping you then I'd advise u to stay on ur current dose and ask ur doctor if u can add a Gabapentinoid on top of ur Norcos. I'm on Pregabalin and it works wonders for my nerve pain, u should ask ur doctor about it.