Not open for further replies.

rickolasnice

Bluelighter
Poll please mods ;)

Definately

Maybe

No

Don't know..

Also, a little info on your vote? What nootropic did you use? How long for? What doses? etc..

Amphetamine, etc.. not included :p

Last edited:
IMO NOOTROPICS never work that well in the long run. They are Ok short term. If you want long term results give your brain what it needs to grow. Things like exercise increase brain derived neurotrophic growth factor. Some ayuverdic herbs can increase dendrite extension and help create neuron networks.

Things like provigil and ritalain are total trash for your brain IMO, but they work in a pinch for extra brain power.

The racetames are ok, but its like memory on lease and they are kinda unpredictabe. IMO alot of placebo effect with them.

Other things like gingo, vinpocetine, huperzine and all that crap are ok but not great.

Best NOOTROPIC is cerebrolysin, but its injectable only.

Aricept and acetycholine inhibitors are ok, but if you dont really need it wont help much IMO.

I myself stick with exercise, B vitamin supplementation, and several herbs that are shown to extend dendritic and axonal growth, in rats of course.

I think exercise is the only thing proven to increase neurogenesis in the hippocampus of humans.

Stress has been shown to cause hippocampal atrophy and so can depression. So avoid these and its like having an insane nootropic.

Whatever you do, dont use amphetamines as nootropics, they trash you brain in the long run and downregulate dopamine receptor density.

^^ The above is based on experience and research but is not fact nor claimed to be.

We'll try PD first. PD mods feel free to move back or elsewhere. <3

Homeless -> PD

Maybe.

Phenibut (not really a nootropic but gets lumped in there) is my favorite. If I take it a couple days in a row I won't feel 100% when I stop but when it's working it's such a smooth and positive state. A wonderful adjunct to psychedelics.

I haven't found much use for piracetam or centrophenoxine except for being a potentiator for methylone.

I voted no, but only because your question concerns the monetary value of nootropics. If you have money to blow on (essentially) supplements, then perhaps they are worth a try... However, if you are at all concerned about not getting your money's worth, than I would not bother with nootropics. I have tried piracetam and aniracetam regiments, each with minimal and questionable effects even in large doses. With a large enough dose a headache certainly does appear, which is about as definite of a statement as I can make on their effects in me...

Cerebrolysin sounds very good. Looks like that one is definatly wort it.

No. The brain is the result of a long evolution and its workings are still not known.

But when we achieve a more complete knowledge we might well use nootropics to compensate for the accomodation to civilization that biological evolution can't provide.

Piracetam is cheap and does *something* in your brain. I can't figure out what it is. Feels kinda like you're more aware, a lil easier to remember things, etc. You have to take a big dose the first couple days, then take it down to like 800mg or 1600mg per day.

It is well worth purchasing just to increase the intensity of many drugs. It makes cocaine feel like ecstasy and ecstasy feel like...I really don't have any words. Just feels amazing. WARNING if you take piracetam before and sometimes even during a psychedelic experience you very easily can have a bad trip, it can make things feel VERY unpleasant. Please think long and hard before taking piracetam in conjunction with a psychedelic. It makes the trip more intense and qualitatively different, not necessarily better. It makes it more wild and uncontrollable, more likely to get in thought loops and have a classic bad trip.

Definitely worth it in my experience
I've been on an extended piracetam regiment for about a year now that I take w/ my coffee every morning (along w/ a choline source every few days) and it has helped a lot w/ my studies at school. Helps me w/ conceptual thinking as well as helping my mind feel like it has what I can only describe as increased agility to grasp new subjects.

Piracetam is essential if you take MDMA, it removes a whole lot of the comedown and also helps with comedown.
I recently took a 4FMP overdose with some other stuff and was unable to function the days after, i couldnt sit behind my computer, could barely watch TV, i felt exhausted and dizzy.
Piracetam improved me for 80% when i took it, it has a very dramatic impact.

I can't find Piracetam at any stores here in the U.S.

Granted I haven't looked very far beyond The Vitamin Shop and GNC, but I thought it would be easier to find... ? I supposed I will have to man up and start ordering online.

As for the nootropics discussion, well, all that brain power is great and the amph might (or probably will) hurt you in the long run, but what is the point of being intelligent if you can't harness that power effectively? A car that can go 200 mph is worthless if the driver can't control the gas pedal and steering wheel. Sometimes the Addies and Ritalins are worth it if you use them responsibly to get you where you need to be.

Just like anything else, you can abuse or you can utilize.

In my country piracetam is a presciption drug, my doc prescribed it to me, dont know about your place tough, but its usually not solled like other sups.

I can't find Piracetam at any stores here in the U.S.

Granted I haven't looked very far beyond The Vitamin Shop and GNC, but I thought it would be easier to find... ? I supposed I will have to man up and start ordering online.

As for the nootropics discussion, well, all that brain power is great and the amph might (or probably will) hurt you in the long run, but what is the point of being intelligent if you can't harness that power effectively? A car that can go 200 mph is worthless if the driver can't control the gas pedal and steering wheel. Sometimes the Addies and Ritalins are worth it if you use them responsibly to get you where you need to be.

Just like anything else, you can abuse or you can utilize.

Yup, that's why I only use piracetam while in school and will be doing a lot of mental work.

Sorry but i wasn't includin phet's (amphetamine, etc) in my definition of nootropic..

psychedelicious advised against piracetam during a trip. Has anyone had positive experiences with this? Or with any nootropic?

When I'm tripping I have a different, more intuitive and acute understanding of how my body and mind function. This goes for whatever other substances are doing their thing at the time, any other programs that are running..

I've never tried Piracetam or any true nootropics. But one time during a trip I ate a few multivitamins and drank an energy drink (one of the only times I've had one). My alertness was out of this world. I was sitting on the porch of my dorm building in the early AM. I heard a faint, ever so slight beeping noise, and became determined to figure out what it was and where it was coming from. I went inside, up the stairs, all the way down the hall, and figured out which door it was coming from. Even standing right outside the door it was faint. It wasn't even an alarm clock, it must have been coming from a watch or something small like that. I've never experienced anything like that, I felt like a dog.

I use ginkgo biloba daily. Some people consider it a nootropic. I feel like it helps me out. I feel more clear headed and sharp. Its also good at reducing the negative effects of cholesterol. Since I have started taking ginkgo biloba, I have done both MDMA and DMT. The night I did MDMA, I took the least amount of the same pills as everyone else and rolled far harder than all of them. When I did the DMT I tripped harder than everyone else who had taken the same dose previously according my friend who administered the dose. I think nootropics do work, but I am a sensitive person who can easily feel small changes in myself. For others, they might not notice the effects of nootropics so easily. Like someone said earlier, use caution mixing nootropics with psychoactive substances. It might cause your dosage to have greater effects than anticipated.

i chose maybe.

I use piracetam almost daily (700mg-3g a day) and find it helps me.

The reason i chose maybe was because it doesnt seem to work for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.