• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Nootropics Subthread] Noopept (GVS-111)

Yesterday I took 10mg of Noopept for the first time, together with 500mg of choline bitartrate.
Today I took 10mg+500mg in the morning and 10mg+500mg at noon.

Definetly already feeling something that is not placebo. Doses in the morning tend to lead to slightly higher heart rate and some "anxiety". Although this could also be from ingesting this relatively unknown molecule.

I have some physical problems, which *could* be down to lowered adrenal function. I have read the choline might help with this. So I'm not really sure if I'm feeling the Noopept or the Choline, or both.
I definetly feel more energetic. Also, social contact seems to come easier.
It also seems my "hunger/drive" for carbohydrates is lowered. Could this be a consequence of the choline giving more energy, hence my body not needing "fast" energy from sugars ?

My noopept came in today finally, I wanted to ask about choline supplementation.
Is it necessary? Did anybody experience excessive brain fog after noopept usage without choline supplementation?

only if I used more than 30 mg at once. But I rarely ever did.
Usually around... midnight, I would begin to experience brain fog from it.

I take 30mg in the morning now and 20mg at noon. Don't feel any headaches so I don't regularly supplement with choline. Although I do take some multivitamins and omega3.

Yesterday I took 30mg when I got up at 5am. 20mg at 10am.
At night (10pm) I took 8mg 4HOMET, 10mg MEOMIPT and 1 tab (30-50mcg) of LSD. Can't really say if it felt potentiated but I was definetly pretty clear in the head. Social situations with sober/drunk people were no problem.

edit: also worth noting: comeup time did seem reduced. first alert was faster than usual anyway. also didn't really experience a comedown. might have been due to the fact that I was up for 26hours and just needed sleep.

Last edited:
it will increase the manic and the psychedelics effects of something as strong as 3-meo-pcp. It would have to. That kind of compound is working on more than just a series of traditional receptors. I think we can all agree on that.
I'm pretty sure for something like 3-meo-pcp. It will enhance the manic thought, perhaps the visuals and some of the mild stimulation. While completely absolving you from a "hole" or a zone. it will be a different zone all together.
It would be like the difference between Metroid Prime, and Sonic the Hedgehog i'd imagine.

I'm curious about some of the reports on noopept. I've used it for several months orally from September to December, and found some benefit to it. However I have been reading that it is intended to be used sublingually rather than orally as it will be metabolized in the GI tract. If this is the case, would intranasal be an effective alternative ROA? Sublingual can be quite unpleasant with strong tasting chemicals compared to sniffing such a small amount of powder.

it will increase the manic and the psychedelics effects of something as strong as 3-meo-pcp. It would have to. That kind of compound is working on more than just a series of traditional receptors. I think we can all agree on that.

IIRC, 3-meo-pcp affects SERT, NET, and sigma1. This alone might be able to explain the compound's effect profile. AMPAkines like noopept reduce some of the effects of NMDA agonism, mostly dissociation, confusion, and impairment. I don't see why we'd expect a priori increased mania and psychedelia.

ebola

Realize this is an old thread, hope the bump is worthwhile.

In case anyone is wandering these threads. Choline supplementation isn't neccesary with noopept, though the added acetylcholine in the brain is likey to be a boon. Only strict racetams 'require' it to help avoid the choline headaches.

My experience with noopept has been great. Semi-regular use: I was taking 10-15mg every 6 hours on days I would take it. Increased verbal fluency, music appreciation, colors were more vivid. Mathematical techniques learned while supplementating were learned more quickly and more intuitively (as opposed to having to do the problems again and again, it would just click)

Downsides: Symptoms of low blood sugar at times, remedied by a fast-digesting carbohydrate (noopept increases glucose consumption by the brain) and occasional fits of tiredness. If I dose too high (25mg+) or too regularly, I run into a little bit of brain fog, but it passes quickly

Realize this is an old thread, hope the bump is worthwhile.

In case anyone is wandering these threads. Choline supplementation isn't neccesary with noopept, though the added acetylcholine in the brain is likey to be a boon. Only strict racetams 'require' it to help avoid the choline headaches.

My experience with noopept has been great. Semi-regular use: I was taking 10-15mg every 6 hours on days I would take it. Increased verbal fluency, music appreciation, colors were more vivid. Mathematical techniques learned while supplementating were learned more quickly and more intuitively (as opposed to having to do the problems again and again, it would just click)

Downsides: Symptoms of low blood sugar at times, remedied by a fast-digesting carbohydrate (noopept increases glucose consumption by the brain) and occasional fits of tiredness. If I dose too high (25mg+) or too regularly, I run into a little bit of brain fog, but it passes quickly

Does anybody take noopept before bed? As it seems to only have effects long-term? Would it affect sleep?

I find noopept to give me a slight amount of stimulation so I wouldn't try it before bed. I also get an immediate effect from it that is a bit nice, so for me taking it in the morning is best.

Im quite intrigued about the interactions of racetams with dissociatives. For example, I don´t use to take o-pce for the long insomniac trail. Does some racetams would help with this?. If there´s some thread going deep into the subjec I would love a link to it

Thanks for replying; is there a way to enable notifications from my post replies automatically?

Im quite intrigued about the interactions of racetams with dissociatives. For example, I don´t use to take o-pce for the long insomniac trail. Does some racetams would help with this?. If there´s some thread going deep into the subjec I would love a link to it

i haven't taken noopept for years, but i found it completely blocked/negated the effects of MXE when i took them together.
i've heard the same is true for other NMDA antagonists, but ave no personal experience with them.
it seems like it could potentially be a good thing to have around in case you need to abort a dissociative trip, but i don't know how safe that is.

I don't find noopept or other nootropics to completely block dissociatives, but I do find that it greatly reduces the dissociation element. I used to take piracetam and sometimes noopept daily as well as low doses of 3-MeO-PCP and I found the combo to work almost exactly the same as low dosing 3-MeO on its own. Of course I was aiming to not feel any dissociation, but just the stimulating/hypomanic qualities.

interesting.
the reason i thought they blocked them completely is that i once shot MXE the same day i'd taken noopept, and it was a really bizarre sensation - like it was all going normal, but suddenly the drug hit a brick wall (of sorts) and it had no effect at all.
i was really bummed as it was a hefty dose, and it freaked me out, and took a while to work out what went wrong...
i've no idea what mechanism negated the effects of the MXE, but it was unsettling at the time. in hindsight i feel stupid for being so reckless.

What are your dosages btw and in which intervals? I dose @40mg in the morning. My ROA is oral.
I don't feel much actually. Somewhere over the internet I've read that the effects will manifest long-term and will stay permanently. What advantages do you guys notice?