• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Noopept trouble

elliozo

Greenlighter
Noopept / Alpha GPC trouble

Hi bluelight community

I began taking noopept 9 days ago at the start of my study break period for my exams which start next week.

I have been taking 10mg x2 daily (a few hours apart) and alpha gpc 300mg x1 daily. I have noopept capsules, and initially took them orally, but 5 days ago I switched to crushing them up and administering them sub-lingually after reading about reported higher bioavailability.

At the start, during oral administration, I noticed wholly positive effects that aided my learning, memory and verbal fluency. After switching to sublingual administration I noticed even more profound effects due to the increased bioavailability and continued on. During this time, the only drawback was mild insomnia, which I successfully countered with 5mg Melatonin 1hr before bed.

In the last 2 days however, and especially today, I have been experiencing brainfog, a reduction in verbal acuity, mild depression, and a decreased ability to remember revision content below baseline abilities. This is causing me to worry, as my exams start in a few days.

Due to this, today I have only taken 1x10mg sublingual noopept with the 300mg alpha gpc.

I would be very grateful if you could advise me on what I should do next in this critical period.

Do you think these symptoms may be due to insufficient choline to match the increased levels of noopept in my system since starting sublingual administration a few days ago? And if so, should I increase my dosage of alpha gpc and decrease my noopept dosage to just 1x10mg for the duration of my revision period?

Or do you think it may be a problem related to the alpha gpc? I have read anecdotal reports online that as it is such a potent choline substrate, it can induce insomnia and depression via downregulation in some people with already high choline levels. In which case, should I carry on with the noopept alone or decreased alpha gpc dosage?

I am very reluctant to stop both alpha gpc and noopept as I have heard the withdrawal period can induce even worse brain fog, anxiety and an array of cognitive dysfunctions.

Please advise,

Many thanks.

Last edited:
In my experience, I have never noticed anything resembling withdrawal from nootropics such as noopept. You'll be fine just stopping either of these.

My recommendation is to simply cycle the use of noopept... use it for some number of days that works for you, and then stop for some number of days. What those numbers of days are is dependent on how you determine it's affecting you.

Try stopping it and when you don't feel brain fog anymore, try using it again and note when you start to experience brain fog. Now you'll know how long you can use it at a time. You could also try using it every other day and see how that treats you.

Personally I like nootropics, but I usually use them for a while and then take a long break. Just because I think constant drugging is never going to be ideal, even with drugs as (seemingly) benign as nootropics.

Anyway this really isn't a question about psychedelics so I'm going to move it to Other Drugs.

PD - > OD

I took noopept don't remember POS or neg but isn't it like really really really strong like a thousand fold stronger then piracetam. Maybe try 3-7 mg I believe once a day.

Btw dont over hype your supplements and undervalue yourself. I'd bet 90-95℅ is all you notropics just give you a edge but you sound like someone who studies hard and is of reasonably above average Intelligence so either way I think you'll do fine with or without notropics. It's not like your like me now I should worry because Instead of taking drugs to help me study I'd probably of been just doing drugs and on YouTube not studying and missing class. You might be the most worried about blowing the exam but your likely one of the most prepared