• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Noobs, if you need an avatar......

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really thoughtful of you ryle !! :)

I'm going to make this a sticky actually, maybe it will come in handy for our new users.

:)

Good idea. However, please remember that it isn't very nice to use an avatar someone else is already using without first asking permission.

Wow I cant believe how limiting the size restrictions are here. I cant even use the avatar I almost always use in forums :(
littlebluewolf.jpg

It is just a weeeee bit too long. Oh well. Now I will be avatarless untill I find another one. Cant use just anything, it must suit me.
Most of the avatars on those sites above are much larger than my little wolfy, just FYI.

You're other ones better anyway Indigowulf
You need teeth
around
some of these tigers,
yeah?

now... how do i make it work?

thanks! one little problem though.... now that i have found an avatar... HOW do i make it work? i tried pasting the link from a website into the "picture" option on my profile..... but i dont think that's right... this is all very new... i may need step by step instructions.... hehe 8o

EDIT

i worked ou how to do it *yay* only problem now is.... does anyone know how to re-size a GIF image? when i do it, it either a) doesn't move any more. or b) half teh picture gets cut off..... any help would be great, because, well, i want a spiffy moving avatar hehe :D

Last edited:
okay....ima noobie....and I just cant figure out howta do it....damn it.....i guess i need somebody to hold my hand and walk me through it....:\

?

can anyone tell me why though whenever I copy and paste the URL from hotavatars.com...it doesn't work in bluelight?? It says in properties that its a .gif image, so whats up??

Some sites don't allow links. BL does the same. Use a pic that's stored in the BL database on another site and it won't work. You would have to find a host to host your picture.

I'm having problems. Where do I go to put an avatar up? I can't seem to find a upload thing on myBL :\

You can upload pics in the Bluelight Gallery. And you can upload that pic in your profile, under EDIT PROFILE. :)

by far the best spot i have come across for avatars

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Sorry Linus, I already had that one in the first post, but I had to edit it.. We had a request from the admin of that site if we could take it away, he doesn't like people "stealing" and using those avatars without having asked permission from the artists.. So I'm editing your post as well. :)

so does that mean i couldnt use a pic i have on my hard drive - and if i can how do i load it onto my profile? will typing in my path and filename work? any help is would be greatly appreciated
~Loud

Status
Not open for further replies.