• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

No retreat in this fight: Anna Wood's parents want zero-tolerance

Im sure there is someone out there that has died from taking paracetamol! Should we ban that too?
It is unfortunate of her death but it was a one in who knows chance that it happened!! Apparently you have more chance of dying rolling out of bed than by taking MDMA!!!
I feel for him but he needs to realise it was one in millions chance she died.
There are risks everyday in life and even things you may not think are risky can be or there is a chance of dying in everyday life. You cant go on a crusade to try and erradicate the world of the one thing that by accident/chance killed ur daughter....
An Eagle dropped a turtle on a bald mans head mistaking his head for a rock that he wanted to crack the turtle open on, should we erradicate all eagles to prevent this from happening in the future to poor unsuspecting bald men? i could go on!!!

Im sure there is someone out there that has died from taking paracetamol! Should we ban that too?

Apologies if you're aware of this and being ironic, but paracetamol is actually a very common cause of death by overdose. Low doses = extremely safe (for most people). High doses = lethal.

The world would be a fine place if I was the only one who could use drugs.

No one else can handle them, and im selfish enough to want this to happen.

Apologies if you're aware of this and being ironic, but paracetamol is actually a very common cause of death by overdose. Low doses = extremely safe (for most people). High doses = lethal.

DM, sorry what i meant is that someone taking it only a few times and has died from it. Some people bodies cannot handle things, are allergic to them anything! You cant just say MDMA was and will kill if you take it cause this is simply not true! It may and the chance is very very slight but like i have said anything can kill you.

I am from the same vintage as Anna and she would have been my age if she were still here now, i had friends that knew her and this was not the first time she took them but anyway...

Interview with Tony Wood

TODAY: War on Drugs

According to the video, Australia has the highest use of recreational drugs than anywhere in the world. It's also interesting to see Anna was never conveyed as a "regular drug user" (however you want to define that), even according to her book. Yet she had still taken speed, smoked marijuana on numerous occasions, taken LSD and had half an ecstasy tablet a few months prior to her death! That's pretty regular drug taking in comparison to some other kids if you ask me. Despite this, all her friends say she wasn't a drug taker, and I think even the author of the book says so too. It's rubbish to me that they don't consider that regular drug taking, even if it is measured by a 90s standard when drug use peaked among teens. In the video, Tony says as far as he knows, it was her first time with ecstasy when asked by the interviewer, which according to the book, it was not. I think he is quite clearly in denial about his daughters behaviours with drug use. I really do feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
I don't feel sorry for that ignorant douchebag. He's in denial and his constant crap that he spews has no basis in reality.

Perhaps if Anna had some education about drugs and the possible interactions, dodgy production, not flooding your system with H20 and not mixing other substances ie Etoh Anna may still be with us today. Anna died because of a lack of information and understanding plus I feel all parents should talk to their children about drugs: the good, the bad and the ugly. As there is almost no MDMA in today's drug scene I find it a mote point. Parents please talk to your children and I dont mean the "drugs are bad ok" speach, educate yourself and your children. Give them an example of an individual who may be known to the family who fried themselves from abuse and that in itself is a turn off. Just saying "no" says nothing at all and just makes kids more likely to try drugs due to the illegal nature and the rebellious time of life known as young adulthood. BTW I have seen people die from paracetamol OD's and it's fucking awful.

It's about time we took a zero tolerance approach to water. It's dangerous shit.

I don't feel sorry for that ignorant douchebag. He's in denial and his constant crap that he spews has no basis in reality.

Harsh but fair, I respect fighting for what you believe in, but doing so requires taking into account all aspects and not just the ones that suit his point of view. Loss of a child is without a doubt one of the most painful things you can go through, but he has to address the deeper issue of if what he is doing is going to be for the greater good or bad. He by all accounts in my eyes has failed to weigh up the pro's and cons because he never even accepts the problems of current drug legislation. The truth is, if drugs were legalised there is a chance his daughter may not have passed away, he fails to recognize that his daughter died from the current system and the correct approach is most likely not more of the same but some form of drug reform.

Whilst I agree with what you've said Busty you're totally out of context in this instance.

Consider: Dude drops shitload of acid, freaks out, headbutts girlfriends and friends, comes down and says: "don't blame me, shit happens". And you accept this? I think we've got sidetracked and right off topic...

I know this is a super old thread, but yeah just to clarify the guy who did that had no research under his belt. His friends didn't make an effort at all to stop him, so there's some blame on their behalf, and the dude who did that feels fucking terrible about it, no doubt. He broke a nurses nose who was trying to help him that night, so yeah he definitely didn't did have a "shit happens" attitude. I know you were quoting Busty in that context, but here's just a little clarification.

Also for the record he started head butting people because he literally thought that they were him, John Malkovich style and this terrified him so he fought himself. I'm not defending him what he did was fucking stupid, but yeah clarification.

It raises an interesting point also, all situations are circumstantial. I think the aim is to reduce the circumstances in which drugs may be consumed irresponsibly. Legalisation/Decriminalisation, better education and less ridiculous social stigma, I think as I think most of us here do, is a step in that direction