• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

No more tappering, cold turkey hopefully for the last time

Sometimes people take things too seriously, we are all different, I've been on Rivotril 2 mgs. For 6 months but I could stop taking it tomorrow, have a couple of shit days, and move on. Or I could start knocking off .5 mgs. Every two weeks and see where that takes me....we are all different and react differently to the mods the benzos do to our GABA receptors. I've quit Heroin years ago and I'm sure I could figure out how to quit a benzo. Maybe others have never been on anything else but benzos and alcohol and think it's the pits to quit. It's all subjective, just do what works best for you and ask your doctor to help, without looking like a suspicious guilt-ridden drug addict, but as a person who has issues and needs help.

320 mgs of Oxy....Damn! I wouldn't worry about the Clonazepam, you've got a bigger problem there, keep as much of the Clonazepam as you can çause you'll need it to get rid of that monkey!

Well the point is that benzo withdrawal is far worse and far longer than opiate withdrawal. You can cold turkey any amount of oxy and it will be horrible but in 2 weeks max you'll be fine, you won't have a seizure and die. I've seen so many people use benzos to help get off opiates and then end up with a way more severe monkey from the benzos.

I'm off the benzo and off the oxy, had tapered the tramadol to a lower dose but I will not finish it by tapering but by going cold turkey this monday, I got some time off so maybe this time I can make it, if not well I'll try again and again until I'm off.

Nice, way to recover! That's great that you've done as much as you have, instead of just giving in. :)

I have also bin taking Xanax on and off but mostly on since ive always had a script every month and never really had issues stopping it besides insomnia which is why I take it . I consider opiates much harder. Although 99% off other addicts feel vice versa but at the same time most even long term opiate addicts feel pretty decent at 30+ days clean but not me . I heal very slow which sux . So I guess I more sensitive to opiates then I am benzos.

I wish I could have went the cold turkey route. Im currently on Kratom (just quit heroin earlier this week) and I have been tapering down the kratom and it has made my WD period completely painless (for the most part). I need to remember how painful it is to WD to keep me from using in the future. Right now im doing pretty good, so hopefully, I wont have to worry about that! The only symptoms I'm having are cravings... I actually just messed up my taper because of it... I took a 3rd dose of my kratom tea tonight (was only supposed to take 2), so now tomorrow I can only take it once. After that, im throwing it away lol

Good luck!

opiate addicts feel pretty decent at 30+ days clean

my body does feel ok after 30 days but my mind does not, I am the same with the benzos as I do not find them as addictive.

thanks guys! I wish you good luck as well! just throw it faaaar away from your house/flat. as I live in a flat, once during a tapper I threw a pack out the window, well 4 days later guess who was searching for it? I even found it as we have a little garden like thing where people don't really walk.

Hey morphe!

I stopped in to wish you luck. Good for you.

As NSA said, don't beat the shit out of yourself while detoxing. We do definitely tend to do that.

Baby steps. All the best. ❤️

Yeah if you really intend on throwing the kratom out (I did it once, it was actually the last time I ever had opiates, great symbolic gesture), make sure to actually dump the powder out and spread it over the ground.

day 1 of withdrawal, lovely brain zaps and the rest of the crew of symptoms is present, but it's all good cause I'm not having it and still motivated to follow my vision.

the good thing is that I set a goal in form of a project so I hope my mind will focus on it.

will update!

Awesome, keep up the good work! Attitude is everything!

the first 3 days from monday to wednesday I barely had any sleep tho I smoked a lot of weed but it did not work on the insomnia part, although helped with some symptoms.

I had a rough night yesterday smoking,drinking and doing MXE and today my stomach is again in a big mess so I have pretty huge cravings to put all the pain and shitting to an ease. but as it is only day 6 i think it would reset the whole w/d and I would be where I started.

It's true, you'd be back where you started, so no sense prolonging it. That's just the addict brain trying to rationalize in any way possible.

the first 3 days from monday to wednesday I barely had any sleep tho I smoked a lot of weed but it did not work on the insomnia part, although helped with some symptoms.

I had a rough night yesterday smoking,drinking and doing MXE and today my stomach is again in a big mess so I have pretty huge cravings to put all the pain and shitting to an ease. but as it is only day 6 i think it would reset the whole w/d and I would be where I started.
If you're at day 6, you're nearly through the worst of it.

I'd suggest trying to get out of the house with the goal to laugh as much as possible. Find a friend and a comedy club to go to, or even find a friend and watch some comedy together. The best way to remove my cravings is to remind myself I don't need drugs to feel good, and when you are having a laugh with a friend it's hard to feel bad.

If that's not your style, hit the gym and get a good pump. Push yourself until you either feel good from the endorphins or you feel good from having accomplished something.

Or hit the books, and give your brain a good workout. Stretch the boundaries of your knowledge and thinking capabilities. Learning something new always feels exciting and rewarding to me.

I know for most people this is just normal living, but I tend to look at it as natural ways to "hack" the brain. Natural drugs, if you will. Find those things in life that stimulate you, you don't need drugs. The sunset is always beautiful, and if you can't appreciate it today because of what's going on, try to remember that it will still be there tomorrow and the day after. Feelings pass, and cravings will too. Just try to hold on and stay focused.

I am not really into gym and working out, although I did some exercises. My sleep pattern is bad still but not at the worst level and I got some issues with my stomach although I am eating good and multiple times a day compared to how I eat while on opioids.

The getting of the house idea is a good one, until now I tried to get out of the house everyday for a walk, some weed with a few friends and other less exhausting activities.

My mind still plays some tricks on me, as sometimes I feel better then I get a craving and the symptoms get worse. The brain zaps are gone, I am happy I did not seize the first few days as I had a near seizure experience. With the lack of proper sleep I can still deal as I try to take random 1 hour naps through the day when I feel like I could do it, but with the stomach pain and other related symptoms I got a little problem.

Doing the MXE helped too friday and saturday night, but I am gonna put it on a hold for a few days again. I did a line of coke too yesterday, made me feel a little better but I am not at all into stimulants and especially coke as I tend do speed once a few months but rarely.

Thanks guys for all the motivation and advices, I always learn good things from y'all!

Well whether it's at the gym or not, I can tell you that working out is the best medicine. You'll feel better so much faster and you'll be healthier besides. Only after quitting a 10 year opiate addiction did I finally get the motivation to actually give it a real try (I had gone through periods of doing some exercises a few times). Once I got a couple of weeks in, I loved it, it was one of the best parts of my day. I actually need to get back into it but a series of events have made it quite difficult for me to get to the gym, running hurts my knees too much so I use the elliptical machine, and weights which I do not have at home. Anyway I really can't recommend exercise enough, like do 30 minutes of cardio and then some strength stuff, you'll feel so good about yourself in no time, and it helps so much with the lingering body restlessness/shittiness.